Tim Tebow in the NFL....QB or no QB...that is the question

Originally Posted by jville819

^ No you don't have to have success in the pros to be considered great in college.

Are going to say Tommie Frazier wasn't one of the greatest CFB players just cause he didn't play in the NFL. If someone doesn't do anything in the pros that does not take anything away from them being great at the college level

I wouldn't say Tommie Frazier isn't one of the greatest CFB players cause honestly I feel like Tommie Frazier is one of if not the best CFB playerI've seen. Also, in Tommie Frazier case or even Charlie Ward for that matter those two never tried to make the transition to the pros for football, TommieFrazier couldn't due to his blood cot and Ward went the basketball route. Tim Tebow on the other hand doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in the samebreath as Tommie Frazier, that's just my assesment. For what it's worth, Tebow isn't even the best player on his team pound for pound. You watchand see Tebow is going to be looking like Brady Quinn on draft day sitting around in the room while everyone else is getting drafted and sweating bullets causehis name hasn't been called yet.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Deuce King

As a QB he will be a failure in the NFL, simple as that. That's one of the reason I could never label him as the greatest College Player ever as posed to us with your post a few weeks ago.
So Tommy Fraizer wouldn't be in the convo either?
Scott Frost was that dude.

eek.gif
for a dude who can barely spell or read, you do have a good memory (I didn't even remember)
laugh.gif

mike has some rainman tendencies from time to time...

So what if he's a failure in the NFL as a QB?...how does that have any bearing on what he accomplished in college?...he's cemented his legacy in college FB...you can't take that away from him. I have no issue saying he's in that discussion over who the GREATEST college FB player ever is/was....

You as well as the other individual misinterpreted my point of view. Even if you feel like he is the best college Greatest college football player ever, and I stand highly against that, wouldn't he have to have some sort of success in the pros. I'm not saying he has to be or should be the next Dan Marino by process of elimination and putting up and breaking numbers year after year, but if he sits the bench and doesn't do anything of substance in the NFL wouldn't that make him a bust. Sure he may have cemented his place in the college ranks, but IMO he has to have some sort of success at the next level. If not, in essence he would leave folks to believe that he was just a product of the system, or product of the talent that surrounded him in college, see Duke basketall players for example.
I totally disagree...college and professional sports are two COMPLETELY different things. If you were a straight A student in high school, butflunked out in your first semester in college with all F's, would people say you weren't a good student in grades 9-12? Like I said, they are bothtotally different things. This is why there are two different HOF's. One for college FB, and the other for the NFL. If you needed to have some sort ofsuccess in either college or in the pros (assuming you dominated in one, and not the other), there wouldn't a shrine for Charlie Ward in the CFHOF or manyof the other dudes enshrined in the pro football HOF. You can go sport-by-sport. Look at Christian Laettner...he is regarded as one of the BEST to ever playcollege hoops...he had a marginal pro career that hardly mirrored what he did at Duke. His legacy was well cemented as a Blue Devil to the point where he waseven on the OG dream team. What you do in college and the success you have, IMO, has no bearing on how much you succeed or fail on the next level. Tebow hasnothing left to prove, and will go down as one of the best (if not THE best) to ever play college football.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So what if he's a failure in the NFL as a QB?...how does that have any bearing on what he accomplished in college?...he's cemented his legacy in college FB...you can't take that away from him. I have no issue saying he's in that discussion over who the GREATEST college FB player ever is/was....

You as well as the other individual misinterpreted my point of view. Even if you feel like he is the best college Greatest college football player ever, and I stand highly against that, wouldn't he have to have some sort of success in the pros. I'm not saying he has to be or should be the next Dan Marino by process of elimination and putting up and breaking numbers year after year, but if he sits the bench and doesn't do anything of substance in the NFL wouldn't that make him a bust. Sure he may have cemented his place in the college ranks, but IMO he has to have some sort of success at the next level. If not, in essence he would leave folks to believe that he was just a product of the system, or product of the talent that surrounded him in college, see Duke basketall players for example.
I totally disagree...college and professional sports are two COMPLETELY different things. If you were a straight A student in high school, but flunked out in your first semester in college with all F's, would people say you weren't a good student in grades 9-12? Like I said, they are both totally different things. This is why there are two different HOF's. One for college FB, and the other for the NFL. If you needed to have some sort of success in either college or in the pros (assuming you dominated in one, and not the other), there wouldn't a shrine for Charlie Ward in the CFHOF or many of the other dudes enshrined in the pro football HOF. You can go sport-by-sport. Look at Christian Laettner...he is regarded as one of the BEST to ever play college hoops...he had a marginal pro career that hardly mirrored what he did at Duke. His legacy was well cemented as a Blue Devil to the point where he was even on the OG dream team. What you do in college and the success you have, IMO, has no bearing on how much you succeed or fail on the next level. Tebow has nothing left to prove, and will go down as one of the best (if not THE best) to ever play college football.

I see what you are saying and I agree with you in theory, but I wouldn't dare label him as one of if not the greatest CFB player. Nevermind if he makes itin the pro or not, just strictly off of college alone, I can't say i'm impressed by the guy
grin.gif
, he aint garbage but he aint great either. Also, as far as his transition tothe NFL, he better start learning his new role as a Fullback or TE now if he wants to have any success in the NFL cause he can forget about lining up undercenter.

As of right now I don't think he will succeed in the NFL as a QB.....he's not a good enough pocket passer....if he can work on that aspect of his game,then he could be a good reserve QB in the league...I jus don't see him as a starter at QB in the NFL.....

No hes not an NFL QB .It doesnt look like he can read a defense. His skill is running but he's not blazing fast like Vick, Steve Young,Cunningham,VinceYoung or McNabb. His skill is breaking tackles and I dont see that happening in the NFL. Urban Meyer's offense id tailored made for him.

I heard Kiper say he would be a good H-back, Chris Cooley type and I agree with that more than with him being a solid NFL QB. Everything in the NFL is so muchfaster and he won't be able to adjust and he will not be trucking safeties and LBs at the next level by any means.

Mike and Mike on ESPN had heard people comparing what he can do at the next level to Steve Young? That is waaaaay off.

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

my life sucks because ive never met tim tebow

If I can get 15 minutes with him my life will be a lot better.

Sorry for the double post, but Francesa today said something along the lines of "And I don't know if you noticed it, but between the 3rd and 4thquarters Tim Tebow cured cancer".
roll.gif

I can see him as a H back, getting tough yardage out of the back field, catching passes and doing some trick plays.

although him being him he is going to play QB, he has improved as a thrower though.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

who cares about the NFL dude will cure cancer and stop terrorism all while becoming the the 1st world leader (not president) leader of the whole damn world!!!!

were you not listening to the fox broadcast yesterday???

i think all the guessing is funny you never know how he will play in the NFL Mel Kiper and Mcshay are like 75% percent wrong on QB's he definitely wont berunning like he does now, but you cant deny his heart and desire to be good so i would give him a fair shot and you know hes going to kill it at the combine.All i'm trying to say is you never know and at this point i have a hard time doubting him.

Back
Top Bottom