Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

pimp.gif

about time. not because he's some great QB, but he's a football player. and orton is garbage.

It was a no-win situation for Orton, granted his play didn't help but why didn't Brady Quinn get a shot to start? Wasn't he the #2? +!## is a mess in Denver.

They gotta be showcasing him for trade purposes, right? I know Fox wasn't high on him and neither was Elway....

i hope he does well cause merrill hodge is the biggest tebow hater ever....was watching nfl live and he did not say one positive thing about him when he went it...he trashed his throws, mechanics everything...

I hope he kills, not because Broncos are my squad, but because Merrill Hodge pisses me off

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i hope he does well cause merrill hodge is the biggest tebow hater ever....was watching nfl live and he did not say one positive thing about him when he went it...he trashed his throws, mechanics everything...

So is he right or wrong in his assessment?

I mean seriously, i hope the guy succeeds but you cant run screens all game.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

........or QB draws for that matter as well.  The Broncos might beat the Dolphins just because, but after that we're going to see what Tebow can and can not do. 

Originally Posted by MaxElite

The funny thing is, everything Merrill said is dead on, and yet last year when Tebow came in he still somehow played pretty well and provided a spark to the offense. I remember watching a Broncos game and noticing how many times the play should have failed given his inaccuracy or slow delivery and yet somehow he still got it done. 
Dude really is

2815-1.jpg

He wasn't even impressive in his PT on Sunday....40% completion, and that was aided by Moreno and Brandon Lloyd's catch of the year....

It kills me when people say things like his character, "intangibles, etc. are all reasons why he'll be successful...at some point you gotta be able to play football. I don't think he'll amount to much. Denver fans have been asking for it, now they got it. It's been a distraction all year and has handcuffed Fox to a certain extent.

I hope he gets his fair shake and starts the rest of the year for Denver. Let's not forget, this is a mediocre at best team as it stands now and we shouldn't expect Tebow to light the world on fire. I am optimistic they will be more competitive with Tebow under center, but that isn't saying much.

Please note, this is coming from a guy who's family despises UF and are hardcore FSU fans.
I don't believe that Tebow is ready yet. His mechanics need work, his footwork is questionable, and most importantly, his accuracy and pocket presence isn't there.
The thing is, all that can be improved in time. Those are skill sets that can be developed.

What can't be taught are the intangibles he brings. It's almost like his teammates dial it up another notch when he's in the game. He electrifies the fan base and his personality is magnetic. He's not a good QB, yet his teammates will listen and follow him. "Experts" will tell you that doesn't mean diddly poo, but if you have receivers and O-line personal genuinely wanting you to succeed, you have a chance to become a special player in the league.

In the end, from a rational point of view, Denver will be disappointed with his actual play. He'll probably be a tad better than average by the time his career is done. But if he can learn fast enough and the hype dies down a little, there's a chance a happy medium can be met by the fans in Denver and Tebow.

Tebow deserves his shot, however i don't think he'll ever be anything better than a average NFL qb.... should of never got drafted as high as he did

Back
Top Bottom