Timeshare Experience

I finally signed up for one in Vegas with Hilton. Hilton grand vacation club is what it's called. I only gave $300 on the spot, but $3400 is required to complete my down payment by the end of the year. I can use either points or cash and I'm "guaranteed" no blackouts. The total price is $13k and payments are $207 a month and $765 for taxes and maintenance per year.

Who here has one or had one? What are your experiences? Is my deal good or bad? I have the 2500 points per year but they gave 4000 bonus for putting down 20%.

Let me know NT

Idk, doesn't sound good to me, but then again, I'm not fond of time shares period

my buddies dad had one in vegas. really cool spot.

If you use it, its worth it. If you don't its a waste pretty much.

Ya as long as you use it, you'll be fine. Parents have had one for about 10 years in Rosarito and it's great. We can use it in other places also. It's nice calling and just reserving dates and having a mini apartment all to yourself.

I have one in Vegas that I share with my pops, my brother and my 2 brothers-in-law.
My crew uses it every year for the NCAA Bball Tourney :nerd:
No complaints here...

my fam has the same HGVC timeshare in vegas. living in LA when i was younger wed use it once or twice a year, its nice to have a guaranteed room thats nice, good location, and with full amenities/kitchen/multiple rooms. when i turned 21, I basically hogged the points and used it twice a year to go with my friends :lol:

its worth it if you use it. heads up the big 3 bedrooms are never available you gotta book real early and get lucky, but if you get it and bring your entire crew it makes for a real fun weekend :pimp:

Thanks Frink...I decided to cancel. I sent fax to several numbers and emailed and gonna put hardcopy in the mail. I read nothing but negative reviews. Most stated what you did about not being able to get the rooms you want when you want. I'm gonna stick with planning my trips out.

Thanks Frink...I decided to cancel. I sent fax to several numbers and emailed and gonna put hardcopy in the mail. I read nothing but negative reviews. Most stated what you did about not being able to get the rooms you want when you want. I'm gonna stick with planning my trips out.

Ah, oh well. Maybe I just got used to the place as a kid hah. But i see the point about the rooms not being available, unless you stay at the one north strip and not at flamingo. i never minded it. And having a full kitchen plus fridge/freezer for munchies and pregaming is nice. Man I now I really wanna go back to Vegas... :lol:

$17,000 over 5 years to be limited to specific rooms in a specific city? For the same price, you can get a $200 room 17 times per year for that same 5 year period. To make it worth it, you better be going every other week. Otherwise, you've just blown A LOT of money. And keep in mind you're probably not going to be able to get out very easily at the end either, so you'll probably be spending more than that.

I remember when I was a little kid begging my parents to invest in one somewhere in Florida, but it didn't happen.

Seems like a waste if you be using it a hand full amount of times a year.

My parents have the same thing, but we're able to book at any Hilton.  I'd say it's not worth it if you can only stay at one Hilton, but if you can get a deal where you can stay at any Hilton then it might be worth it depending on how much you travel.  I've never had a problem booking a room, granted I've used it for LA, SD, and Hawaii, not nearly as booked up as Vegas is.  The only thing that sucks is the Hiltons you want to stay at are tier 1, so they take more points...

Thanks to all y'all for sharing. I have faxed and emailed them already. Going to put hard copy in the mail tonight.

I remember when we went to the Disney World Resorts and were invited to view a Disney Vacation Club presentation. That joint ended up being a rip off. This is just a luxury, and requires $$. It's almost like buying a damn house.

BOL OP.

Back
Top Bottom