Tipping at the Bar Etiquette

the821empire

Banned
So last night I was in Canada where it is legal for 19 year olds to drink. I bought plenty of drinks (should have pre-gamed
ohwell.gif
)at the clu, and I wasn't sure on how tipping works at the bar. I went tothe same bartender each time, and gave him a tip every other time I went up there. Soo whats the standard for tipping at the bar?

I just started giving out 2 hots for every drink that I get. I used to not give nothing

Depends on the type of place you're in, and also who's serving.

Keep in mind that most of the folks behind the bar make extremely little on an hourly, but make a good percentage via tips. Don't get it twisted though- ata decent venue(in a decent city), a good bartender can take in about 500- 1k on busy nights....

If the bartender is cool, tip big the first time, and keep tipping moderately the rest of the night(a few bucks per drink). The bartender will usually takenotice and will top off your drinks for free as well as comp you on additional ones. It's not always about the freebies tho- good tipping also in manycases ensures that you won't ever have to wait at the bar, trying to get their attention. A good tip always makes your face instantly recognizable amongsta crowded bar.

you were pretty much giving $1 for every drink if you were doing this every other time you went to the bar.

Damn I'm a fool I was buying drinks for like 5-7 dollars and let the bartender keep the change every single time
smh.gif

I used to be a server when I was young and I always tip good after working that job no matter what.

Usually $1 per drink. But somewhere like Vegas where drinks are expensive, I usually give $2.

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

you were pretty much giving $1 for every drink if you were doing this every other time you went to the bar.
yeah i pretty much was.

The amount of tip depends on how strong the bartender makes my drink. If he pours 3/4 vodka and 1/4 tonic, then he'll get anywhere from $2-3. If he makesme a weak drink - he only gets $1.

its usually a $1 a drink thats how i do it....but normally i would give $2/$3 for the first two, then its $1 for the rest, the better the drink the better thetip

Steady tippin the first couple times to the bar, after a few rounds I consider myself straight with the bartender

for the first drink i get i will give them 5 but then after that i give them 1. if you give them a big tip the first time then they will get you right awaywhen you need a drink. At least around here they do

it depends on the bar and how expensive the drinks are. usually if i know the bartender its 3-4 per drink (but thats because they provide alot of free drinks)if the drink is between 2-8 dollars i tip a buck, 9+ i tip 2...its really what you feel comfortable with as long as your not tipping a dollar every 2-3drinks...

Depends, if I start a tab I do a percentage equal to how well the service was, but if i'm paying cash, then yea, 1-2 bucks a drink works.

If the bartender is cool at first, I'll give $3 for my first drink then $1 everytime after that.

i bartend and our drinks r expensive. and if some one is ordering a lot of drinks they usally tip big. and if it like one or two drinks they usally leave likeone to two dollars

but i make my drinks strong at first so they can tip better all the time

its basically a game between the customer and bartender. andif they tippin good i give them some free drinks

but there are a lot of cheap people out there the doctors are the cheapest to me i dont know why!

I usually tab it up and give the bartender way more than they deserve at the end of the night when I'm juiced.

I was at the bar once, and this !%*** said "Can you guys leave a tip?"

I was drunk, and I have problems with the whole tipping thing so I was pissed off.

I'll never go to that place again.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom