Tips for getting advice: READ ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like helping people who may be new to the game or have a hard time differentiating between authentic and replica shoes...but some of the things people post in this forum make it EXTREMELY difficult to help them...so much so that even if I feel like I can lend a relevant opinion, I don't even want to any more.

Therefore, I'm trying to make this semi-all inclusive post that might help people get help easier.

1. Be clear about what you're asking about. What size is the pair you're asking about? If the pair has been retro'd multiple times, be clear about which version yours is.

2. POST PICS. Saying a pair of shoes is an 8/10 but not providing pics will not yield any help.

2a. Post actual pics, not screen shots.

2b. Post CLEAR and DETAILED pics. Posting a pic from one angle or multiple angles that are all blurry will not get you help.

2c. Post all your pics in the first post. I hate having to scroll through 3+ posts just to be able to see all the pics.

2d. Post the pics in the thread. Don't post links. Don't post attachments. Don't post live auctions. Streamline the process: post the pics in your thread.

3. Use proper grammar (as best you can). I'm not expecting college level grammatical accuracy, but keep the ghetto slang to your boys.

4. Please, for the love of sweet baby Jesus, READ THE GREY MARKET THREAD. The majority of posts in this forum are regarding XIs. Are they real? Are they fake? Read the GM thread and form your own opinion.

5. Rep posters that help you. They're doing this to help you out, not because they have to.

6. Do your own research before asking here. Most fakes that get posted are blatant. Got a price check question? Check eBay FIRST. That's all anyone does when they check prices for you (unless they're just familiar with the pair in question).

7. Learn what 'bump' means. It is to 'bump' a topic back to the first page. Doing it every 15 minutes is not only unnecessary, but it will not make people help you any quicker.

This is all I can think of for now. Mods--sticky this?

This thread will be a work in progress. Feel free to add suggestions and I will update the list accordingly.

Last edited:
Good post.

Just to add: Specifying the size is especially important for price checks -A size 7.5 compared to a size 11 for example can make anywhere from $100-200+ difference in value.

And yeah, can't express this enough... POST PICS, NOT LINKS!

Personally, if I open a thread now and just see links, I won't even bother to look at them, let alone reply.

In and out like Grandpa Simpson.

Last edited:
Sorry. Just saw this. Putting a link at the top of the section.

I would suggest this:
"MANY OF THE FAKE CHECKS ARE VERY REPETATIVE. LOOK AT OTHER THREADS BEFORE DECIDING TO CREATE A NEW ONE. IT WOULD REDUCE CLUTTER FOR SURE."

What I mean is this:
There are a ton of Legit Check Concord threads.
Ask yourself this: "What makes the pair I am looking at different than a previously deemed LEGIT pair" or "Does the pair I am looking at have any similarities with the pairs that are considered fakes or grey markets?"

im guilty of this starting for sure... its not that I am not looking just for someone to tell me if they are legit but school me on what to look for.

"5. Rep posters that help you. They're doing this to help you out, not because they have."

You forgot to add the "to".
roll.gif

Anyway, good post bruh.

are there any sticky's out there that have what to look for ? I'm not able to go to the mall anymore and just look at shoes for hours to see what authentics look like. I would also like to educate myself being I do love shoes and learning about them. BIG SHOUTOUT to TIMMYBRIXXX for helping me out alot

are there any sticky's out there that have what to look for ? I'm not able to go to the mall anymore and just look at shoes for hours to see what authentics look like. I would also like to educate myself being I do love shoes and learning about them. BIG SHOUTOUT to TIMMYBRIXXX for helping me out alot
Stickies? No.

There are threads on here for specific shoes as well as information available elsewhere (just Google it) for what to look for in certain pairs. There are tons of vids on YouTube that compare fakes with known authentics.

thx man.. glad to help out.

Ive been wanting to actually make a "spot fakes Js for dummies 06-present" guide so to speak(no disrespect intended) but I just have not had time to start it.. I will be looking for volunteers to help when i can get around to it.. Ill hit you up to help if your down.

thx man.. glad to help out.

Ive been wanting to actually make a "spot fakes Js for dummies 06-present" guide so to speak(no disrespect intended) but I just have not had time to start it.. I will be looking for volunteers to help when i can get around to it.. Ill hit you up to help if your down.

yeah i'm down!!!!!

does anyone know if jordaninspired.com sells real jordans or just replicas?
Use your noggin'...General rule of thumb if a site has the words "cheap" "discount" "wholesale" "high quality" or "Jordan" in the name 99.9% of the time they will be fakes.. $85 Jays don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom