tips on group interview

answer first with general answers that can be googled...be confident 

that way you put the pressure on everyone else to add something new

and its gonna be alot of "ummmmm's" from them after you give your answer

Last edited:
have never done one and would hate to have to
like others said b first to answer and answer the question completely w/ examples

Don't say anything all interview. When the interviewer acknowledges you, hit him with some Heath Ledger Joker "chaos is freedom" type stuff from Batman. Hired on the spot

Don't say anything all interview. When the interviewer acknowledges you, hit him with some Heath Ledger Joker "chaos is freedom" type stuff from Batman. Hired on the spot
roll.gif

I've been in 2 group interviews, both with 10+ people and only 3 spots open, both i got hired at.

The key? STAND OUT in a good way. Make sure they know who you are when they talk about who to hire after. Some people answer questions and I just shake my head at the things they say. Answer in a fun and interesting but professional way. Answer with personality, a good voice, confidence, and show that you know you're above everyone else. Stand out and above everyone else in the group and you'll be a top runner.

Good luck.

Be active.
If you have good thoughts and ideas, keep them to yourself in group discussions. That stolen answer can cost you the job or the next step in the interview process.

Be active.
If you have good thoughts and ideas, keep them to yourself in group discussions. That stolen answer can cost you the job or the next step in the interview process.

why would i keep good ideas to myself? elaborate please if u can

why would i keep good ideas to myself? elaborate please if u can

Next dude might bite your idea and regurgitate it to the panel before you get chance.

I've only ever had one group interview but the way it was set up i could just be myself so i was lucky in that respect.

My friend told me about some of the sales group interviews he'd been on and how people would openly **** on the next man on some Apprentice type steez to try and gain a yard.

Unfortunately it might be a case of who can ham it up best on the day.

At some point they may send the entire group on a short break. This is not "OFF" time. They are still watching you. DO NOT LEAVE THE GROUP. Instead make small talk with everyone there. This is a sales/customer service position. They want to see how you interact with complete strangers. Something you will be doing over 90% of the time once you are hired.

Didn't read what anyone said, but I'll give you my insight.

Make sure you're engaged and always ask questions. Be sure to participate and try to show that you can work as a team and follow directions. Also, try to show them you can delegate tasks and follow them accordingly. Stand out as best as you can and don't be afraid to show you're colorful personality. Communication is pretty important as well. Make sure whatever you say is clear and to the point. Try to be as articulate as you possibly can and get your thoughts and ideas out efficiently and clearly. State your name and make sure people know who you are. Most importantly, be comfortable with who you are.

**NOT TRYING TO HUMBLE BRAG**
I've had countless group interviews before and I've always gotten job offers from every single one of them doing what I just stated above. It also helps doing a bit of research regarding the company and job you'd be doing prior to the interview. I tell people this all the time, but they seem to have a hard time believing me that "studying" for an interview plays a MAJOR role of whether or not you're going to get an offer. I get asked the question of "how do you study for an interview?" all the time and there's really one plain and simple answer--Know what skills are required for the job and show them that you have those set skills to efficiently do them better than anyone else. It also helps to know who's interviewing you and get a basic understanding of your perspective job position and company as well.

Apologies for anything that's been said already.

Back
Top Bottom