TMAC has scoliosis?

isn't there a coincidence that his back problems occurred in his 2nd yr in orlando? that was his 5TH YEAR in the league. and it has popped up more often.although it's mild, the messed up sructure of his back prevents him from doing some of the things he can do on a consistent basis.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Scoliosis isn't anything real.

Most chiropractors, which aren't real doctors anyway, will tell 90% of the people that they have "mild scoliosis" in order to make them come into their office and get treatments.

If you ever see one of those tables with a chiropractor offering "free spinal analysis" don't go near them. You'll have to make 15 appointments to treat a problem you don't have

What do you consider a "real" doctor? They're a doctor of their scope.

Anyway....Weight training and Tracy McGrady dont mix
laugh.gif

meaning they didn't go to medical school. a podiatrist isn't a "real" doctor either (now I'm replaying the seinfeld episode in myhead
laugh.gif
).
if they're a doctor, then a mechanic is a doctor of automobiles.

Originally Posted by minah86

Most chiropractors, which aren't real doctors anyway, will tell 90% of the people that they have "mild scoliosis" in order to make them come into their office and get treatments.

If you ever see one of those tables with a chiropractor offering "free spinal analysis" don't go near them. You'll have to make 15 appointments to treat a problem you don't have

laugh.gif

meaning they didn't go to medical school. a podiatrist isn't a "real" doctor either (now I'm replaying the seinfeld episode in my head
laugh.gif
).
Just because they dont go to Med School doesnt mean they arent "real" doctors. MD = Doctor of Medicine, DO = Doctor of Osteopathy, DC =Doctor of Chiropractics. Just because you are a MD doesnt make you more of a doctor in your scope as someone else in their scope. There are things thatMD's cant do that other Doctorate degrees are more of an expert in.

As for podiatrists , how are they not real doctors? They prescribe medicine, do surgery, go through the same residency as MD and DO surgeons and can serve asa PCP. If I remember right you're applying to Med School, dont think because you are a MD you can discredit other forms of medicine. It doesnt alls welland ends well with Allopathic Medicine.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Negative.

I for one deal with scoliosis, and my %+%* ain't too minor. When I was first told I had "minor" I was also told it would fix it self with my growth spurt so I was
smile.gif
. Fast forward to sixth months later, Christmas day, I bend over to pick something up while by the pool (no shirt) and my aunt notices I have scoliosis. It was now visible, and upon going to the doctor I found out I was literally one degree away from having to wear one of those weird *!@ back braces (
embarassed.gif
mad.gif
). I've been swimming amongst other things to help my own cause, but since I'm already past my real growth spurt it's unlikely I'll ever have a perfectly straight back. I would've been 6'2-3 or so with a perfectly straight back, but chances are I don't get past 6'1 now AND even though I don't experience back pain, I feel tightness and it can get pretty uncomfortable.

Scoliosis is no joke, although those guys on the street might be...

My brother had a similar experience, he was examined 3 years ago and doctors said his back was fine. He grew 5 inches over the next 2 years and wasexperiencing back pain, so he went back to the doctor then was diagnosed with severe scoliosis. If left untreated it was predicted he wouldn't be able tostand up 10 years from now. Luckily for him it was diagnosed when it was, so he was able to correct it with surgery while he was covered under my parentsinsurance. After an 8 hour operation he had a nearly straight back and was 3 inches taller. 7 months after his surgery he still experiences pain and stiffnessfrom time to time.

Scoliosis is def. no joke.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

chiropractors are bs.

case in point:

my aunt notices I have scoliosis.
they serve no real purpose.

My aunt is a surgeon, specializing in spinal surgeries...

roll.gif
I love how people decide they know everything about a situationfrom someone over the internet. Like "Psh, dude was diagnosed by his auntie in between her knitting classes" everybody already knows your life storyon NT

Originally Posted by minah86

laugh.gif

meaning they didn't go to medical school. a podiatrist isn't a "real" doctor either (now I'm replaying the seinfeld episode in my head
laugh.gif
).
Just because they dont go to Med School doesnt mean they arent "real" doctors. MD = Doctor of Medicine, DO = Doctor of Osteopathy, DC = Doctor of Chiropractics. Just because you are a MD doesnt make you more of a doctor in your scope as someone else in their scope. There are things that MD's cant do that other Doctorate degrees are more of an expert in.

As for podiatrists , how are they not real doctors? They prescribe medicine, do surgery, go through the same residency as MD and DO surgeons and can serve as a PCP. If I remember right you're applying to Med School, dont think because you are a MD you can discredit other forms of medicine. It doesnt alls well and ends well with Allopathic Medicine.

it's unfair to try to give off the message that podiatrist/chiro/etc. are "specialties". the amount of education and training are notcomparable between the fields (except for allopathic and osteopathic; we'll group them as one). in fact, I was just shadowing an orthopaedic surgeon theother day in the OR, who was, coincidentally, working on legs. I'm pretty confident that such a surgeon has much more in depth perspective of the fieldthan a podiatrist ever will. there's a reason why they go through different schooling and why med school admissions are so much more competitive than theaforementioned health fields.

Back
Top Bottom