To all my dudes suffering from knee pains, aches, injuries ... have you ever tried ...

Los Angeles

formerly bright nikes
Acupuncture?

I've read and heard nothing but great reviews on it so far and I did my first session last week.

I got my knees and shoulders done, about a 1hr session and I def felt a difference after.

I feel like I've tried everything and anything for my ailments, decided to give some Chinese Medicine a shot, anyone else?

P.S. You must like needles.

laugh.gif
What do you mean by "like" needles? Because I can handle needles....Idk if that's what you mean though?

Funny you bring this up. Though it's not acupuncture, here's my story:

I was skeptical when I was going to try Chinese Herbal treatment (I'm Chinese myself).
I went in and he knew there was inflamation and fluid inside my knee.
Instead of draining knees (leaves scarring of muscles), he put on this paste that reduces swelling and circulates the blood so it's not stuck inside my knee.

I started this about a week ago, it helps. Back then, I'd only be able to bend 10-15degrees backwards while being on my knees. Now, it's a good 70-80.

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

nah...can't do it lol i don't like needles, but it did a good job quick?
There was less tension in my knees after.

I'd think 3-4 sessions, I'd be good. But, I wouldn't hesitate to go back on a consistent basis.

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
What do you mean by "like" needles? Because I can handle needles....Idk if that's what you mean though?

laugh.gif
yeah I wasn't that specific.

If you can handle needles you should be ok, honestly its just like a little prick.

After everything is put in place you just relax with some music for like 45minutes and you completely forget you're looking like Hellraiser.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I started thisabout a week ago, it helps. Back then, I'd only be able to bend10-15degrees backwards while being on my knees. Now, it's a good 70-80.
Chinese Medicine man, I slept for the longest.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

how much did it cost?
If they cover your insurance it should be like $10-20 / session, if you don't I'm guessing $50ish.

I'm in SOCAL and their are shops on every corner, so if you're in a town that really hasn't embraced Chinese Medicine then I'd imagine the price would be a little inflated?

With anything else, please do your research. Search where you wanna go to for treatment, call ahead for prices and questions.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I started thisabout a week ago, it helps. Back then, I'd only be able to bend10-15degrees backwards while being on my knees. Now, it's a good 70-80.
Chinese Medicine man, I slept for the longest.

how much did it cost?
If they cover your insurance it should be like $10-20 / session, if you don't I'm guessing $50ish.
Mine is $40 a session...~30 minutes, though mine isn't acupuncture.
Glad you're feeling better. I've also been advised not to eat beef (momentarily, thank goodness), peanuts, taro, corn (for the rest of my life).

Fluid is 80% gone, but I think that's how it's gonna be. I have an overtightened ACL, so the best I can do right now is to "stretch" it out as much as I can.

how much did it cost?
It should cost around 40-50 if it's more private.
I suggest you try Herbal healing, 40-50 is nothing if it helps you.

Edit: In fact, I just came back from one not too long ago
laugh.gif

Do you have to be like completely still while the needles are in or do you have even a small degree of move-ability?

To everyone asking about certain ailments, i'd suggest you google whatever it is alongside accupuncture.

I did move around a bit, it isn't like taking an MRI.

I was still though once everything was in, kinda took a little nap.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I did move around a bit, it isn't like taking an MRI.

I was still though once everything was in, kinda took a little nap.
I understand the googling for certain stuff, but I'm wondering how much pain there was if any?

I've never had a problem with needles, work with them everyday.

I never looked to see how he was doing it, but going on how it felt ... seemed like he would put the needle on a specific pressure point and then prick the needle as hard as he could so the needle would be embedded in your skin.

A pinch / prick would be the best way to describe it.

Good stuff. My whole bodies been aching lately, but my knees and ankles especially. I might have to look into some acupuncture.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

I'd only be able to bend 10-15degrees backwards while being on my knees.
queue Gus Johnson
Didn't think the immaturity level was this low in the Sports forum...I actually originally had "(Pause)" there
laugh.gif

Then again, there was that Glen Davis is a habitual line stepper,
laugh.gif

Have any of you guys ever tried MBT Shoes? I was going to make a post about the shoes but this thread should be a magnet for those who would benefit most from the shoes.

They have VERY thick soles but they simulate walking barefoot on sand which is supposed to alleviate joint and back pain.  They have slightly thinner soles for different styles but they are still thick by normal standards. I just bought a pair of the "casual" (thinner-soled) models today and they feel great. But no lie, they are pretty taxing to wear the first time out so I wouldn't wear them out all day on the first try. They claim to help shed pounds over time and after about an hour of wearing them I have no reason to think the claims are false. I don't have and joint/back to speak of. My purchase was based on "preventive maintenance" since I've gotten much lazier as I creep closer to 30. If I actually had back/joint pain I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pair of the "sport" (thicker-soled) models as they feel the best (while admittedly looking pretty silly).

http://us.mbt.com/

^that's some good info.

Update us if any of you decide to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom