To Be American!

I'm proud of my ethnic background, but man - I am American, born in America! It's funny how persons who look like the 'typical' American (whether black or white) ask of my nationality, when I've never been anything else but from the U S of A. I know they really mean ethnic background - but usually when I answer to their intentions, it usually leads to us talking about weird foods we eat. I'm really not mad, it's just an age old open discussion topic. I do see it slowly changing -- but when I think about "American," I'm moreso than apple pie.

Check my American checklist:

Ford truck owner
Affinity for small Asian females
Born in California
Ridden horses
Drinks Bud Light
Don't mind Natural Ice
Been kicked out of bars
Knows who Billy Ray Cyrus is
Had an American Bulldog
Have family in Texas
Been to Cracker Barrel more than once
Owns firearms
Have a tribal tattoo
Was a server at a steakhouse
Makes stereotypes based on the way people look
Raised on McDonald's
Smokes cigars

I got 'yes' on all these! What the heck, man. What the heck.

smile.gif

I can relate somewhat. I'm very proud of my family history and its roots in another country. But as far as my own story goes, I was born on US soil so I myself am proud to be a natural citizen of the United States of America.

Are you fat? Because no offense but in here if you ask somebody what they think of Americans they probably will say they are fat and stupid. That's like the main stereotype about Americans.

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Are you fat? Because no offense but in here if you ask somebody what they think of Americans they probably will say they are fat and stupid. That's like the main stereotype about Americans.
Yes, am fat - and also offended. Did you just call me stupid? Racist.

Wait so all Americans are born in California?  Do they just migrate to the other states after birth?

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Wait so all Americans are born in California?  Do they just migrate to the other states after birth?

Weird thing about it is - all Americans are born in California, but all people born in California are not born in America.

America is cool and i only say this because i know how the govt is and how politicans are but I wouldnt mind living somewhere else for a little while but im blessed to be living here

6dollaBURGER wrote:
Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Yes, am fat - and also offended. Did you just call me stupid? Racist.

332tq53.png

i love america, it gave me a life. Colombia gave me a culture. im proud of both.

Back
Top Bottom