To echo WallyHopp... these need to be retroed!!!

4a71_1.JPG

Nike Trainer 1s... for $500

no doubt...

thats an insane amount of money... according to Wally, its a new record for AT1s... amazing...

6p6d5pw.jpg
close....but no swisha.

Knowin nike lately this is the closest we'll get.

did they re-retro themselves out of fashion back in the 90s? i mean the orginials were so successful you brought them back twice. in 1990 and 1993. by 1993 thewhole trainer genre imo started sucking with designs and what not. and nothing was seen from again until 2000. Then 2002 saw the checkerboard co.jpeuro/overseas shoe. and now we're forced to battle it out with other trainer heads for the one pair for INFLATTTTTTED prices.

what they need to do is reintroduce them correctly.

tell the kids the jordan guy created these. tell them agassi and mcenroe wore them. give them a history of a product so they now WANT this product. just likehow the trainer max 94 OG colorway in forrest green flopped because people didnt know what they really were. Have some sort of display at stores explaining howthese shoes are STILL good for cross training. Not just a lifestyle sort of crappy product. Try something. The trainer niche market simply cant contain a wholeGR by itself. therefore they have to throw out gimmicks most of the time for the boutiques to obtain these "packs". they force these stores to buy3-4 shoes instead of just one.

^^ While I do feel your pain WallyHopp (I also have been in trainer posts recently, seeing your replies), you have to figure with Trainers being such dopeshoes for the most part...it was only a matter of time before this happened to them.

retros OTHER then jordans need to come with retro cards...it would do wonders as far as educating da masses on a particular pair of kicks.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

retros OTHER then jordans need to come with retro cards...it would do wonders as far as educating da masses on a particular pair of kicks.

good point . and i def would love for Nike to retro these

Originally Posted by ninjahood

great idea ninja hood!!!

HOLY *%#$ 500?!!! I remember these things hitting outlets for 20 dollars full size runs, IMO the shoe is still ugly.

i remembered when those got retro'd...wish i hadn't passed up on these, i had copped 3 different colorways a few years back for $20 each.. one was aknicks colorway, the twisted prep ones and the brown premium leather ones..i wish i kept those out of all of them....matter of fact...i wish i still had thempreps too..dope shoe

its funny. nike sorta got it right. or was on the right track here. but ultimately it seemed to fail.

They had a retro card of sorts with the air trainer 1 low 2004 rerelease.
pictured below:
trainer1_lo_wht_gry_blk.jpg

Along with lows that released in late 2004 were some new rebirth zoom air trainer 1s and then a pair of zoom havens. Yet the only release of the bunch that gota retro "info card" was the air trainer 1 lows.. which werent even pictured in the retro card. I bought a zoom trainer 1 pair and had no idea of itshistory until I bought a air trainer 1 low.
laugh.gif

6tposaa.jpg

6p8l3rl.jpg

Nice inital idea but that card shouldve been in every release thats shown on the card, not a pair thats NOT on the card

^^zoom trainers are some what difficult to find now. i remember seeing a bunch of those at the outlets.. id like a pair of those and the zoom trainer 1 lows.super bad. **edit. not to get off the main topic, but just look at these beauties!
eek.gif

pic004.jpg

Price is flippin' crazy on the Trainer 1's right about now.

Even the bog standard FL models that came out a few years back are going for big bucks.

It's soo sad seeing kids just pick them up hype alone.

But i totally agree with Wally Nike needs to give the kids more of a campaign behind the Trainer 1.

Because they as important Jordans in Nike's global history.

Originally Posted by 1212theory

^^zoom trainers are some what difficult to find now. i remember seeing a bunch of those at the outlets.. id like a pair of those and the zoom trainer 1 lows. super bad. **edit. not to get off the main topic, but just look at these beauties!
eek.gif

pic004.jpg
I concur... I slept on them when they first came out...
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom