To my NT motor bike riders: School me

Planning to finally take the plunge and get my motorcycle license this spring. Was hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction in terms of where tostart and how to prepare. Maybe you can tell me any bike forums/websites that may help.

FYI: I'm interested in sport bikes not choppers/harleys.
146_0501_04z+honda_rsv_race_bike+top_lean_view.jpg

Take a MSF course start small, wear your all your gear, all the time I just picked up a new GP-2 jacket and pant from motoport and im loving it. Alot of peoplego out and buy the latest and greatest supersport but forget to factor in costs of upkeep, insurance, gear and end up seriously hurting themselves.

I walked into the RMV last summer for the hell of it, passed the written exam, got my permit within 15 minutes
roll.gif
roll.gif
, and been riding since (until nighttime).

I wouldn't recommend this EVER, but my dad started me on a 1200. We would be out in lots for days and days. It's very scary and dangerous to start thisbig

Planning to get my license soon since I can never stay out anywhere after night fall.

pic of bike i started on

bmw k1200rs
116245.jpg

as i said again, i would NEVER recommend starting on somethin this big

Here are a couple of sites that I used to go to when I had my bike. Get a used 600 to start out on. Please please take a motorcycle course. I recommend the onethru Harley Davidson. I know you want a sport bike but at least Harley Davidson provides the bike for you to ride when taking the course. Also in some statestaking the course waives the driver portion when getting your license.

http://www.sportbikes.net/

http://www.motorcycle.com/

As far as bikes go if your getting a sports bike, get NOTHING more than 600 cc, and even that might be pushing it for you if your a beginner.

1000cc is a terrible idea, your going to kill yourself. lol

And 600cc is a good starter bike.

The perfect way to start is 250cc then 600cc, but most people dont want to hassle with selling the 250cc after there done with it. So they just get the 600ccat the jump.

Im also looking for my first bike. I found a custom '98 1200 Harley Sportster chopper that im just about sold on. However I have a few questions. First off, is this abad starter bike? Im not interested in racing bikes, I just want a nice Harley to ride around so I wouldnt be driving too crazy, does that justify the 1200? Lastly, It has 11000 miles on it, and the guy wants $5500 for it, is this a good deal?

PS Im a complete novice, I've never drove a motorcycle before, and I don't know a thing about them(except for what i've read online) .

So am I crazy for getting this for a first bike? It's a '01 Gixxer 600. Every one I know that rides say that it's a good bike to start on. However, people on a few message boards say that I royaly F'ed up by getting this as a first bike. Btw, I'm taking a MSF course in May.
1embg6.jpg

wi7zw1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom