to my NTer's with the Red Lights of Death. did you get an HDMI 360 back? hard drive?

so.... it'll be exactly 6 months on Christmas that i purchased my xbox 360. i got it on june 25. recently my brother has been playing my 360 and he told mewhile i was at work that it got the red rings of death. i was heated but when i came home i was just whatever and didn't !%#% him up. but yeah how long didit take to get back and and did you get to keep your hard drive????

edit: how long does the towel trick last?

You won't get a HDMI 360 back, I'm 99.9% sure of that. They send you one similar to the one you sent in, basically meaning you'll probably get therings again. What I'd do is trade in your replacement console when you get it back from them to Gamestop or sell on eBay, take that money and try to findone of the new Falcons. They have HDMI and run WAY WAY cooler.

And no, only send them the console with the original faceplate. Keep everything else; cables, hard drive, etc.

Aren't you not supposed to send them the Hard drive? Just call them I'm pretty sure they send you the box

Originally Posted by nnarum

You won't get a HDMI 360 back, I'm 99.9% sure of that. They send you one similar to the one you sent in, basically meaning you'll probably get the rings again. What I'd do is trade in your replacement console when you get it back from them to Gamestop or sell on eBay, take that money and try to find one of the new Falcons. They have HDMI and run WAY WAY cooler.

And no, only send them the console with the original faceplate. Keep everything else; cables, hard drive, etc.

They give you back what you send in.

You won't get a HDMI 360 back, I'm 99.9% sure of that. They send you one similar to the one you sent in, basically meaning you'll probably get the rings again. What I'd do is trade in your replacement console when you get it back from them to Gamestop or sell on eBay, take that money and try to find one of the new Falcons. They have HDMI and run WAY WAY cooler.

explain?

i never had an original faceplate lol but thanks man.

they tell you to remove the hard drive before you send it

you get back a completely new console...they wont give you an upgraded one though...if you bought a sore, you get a core...if you bought a premium youll get apremium (w/o the hard drive of course)

you wont get hdmi.. quit dreaming

when you send in for repair you send the console ONLY

not HD, controllers, power cord etc.

Im copping mine from bestbuy and getting a 4 year replacement plan so i anything happens ima just let them deal wit that %+$%!!
I be at work and see to many dudes come in crying cuz they dont wanna be w.out there xbox and want geek squad to fix it... NOT HAPPENING! and if this ishappening SO often why the hell isnt microsoft doing a damn recall this is getting RIDICULOUS!

i got it. i got it.

i called i set up a thing now they're sending me the box.

can anyone tell me how long the whole process usually takes?

Originally Posted by presequel

when i sent my 360 in, the rep told me to send in my hard drive as well.

when did you send it in?

when i called today they just told me to follow the instructions given and only send the console. no hard drive or wires

Originally Posted by MONEY x GIRLS

They give you back what you send in.

Not the same exact system that you sent in. You will get a different one, but it will have the same features. Meaning no HDMI if you didn't alreadyhave HDMI. You honestly think they are repairing your console and sending it back? They send you one they've already worked on.

I had 3, they ruled HDD as issue, told me to buy a new HDD and call when I have done so to transfer my live and stuff
indifferent.gif
. That was back in ..what...early nov?Still haven't gotten one yet...missin out on the new H3 map and++#@
smh.gif

i received the coffin on the 6th

sent it out the same day

they received it last tuesday (11th)

they sent the return the following day (12th)

ive got a scheduled drop off here at my house tomorrow (18th)

so turn around time from receiving the coffin to getting a refurb back was 12 days for me

is that fast? faster than anyone else? BTW i didnt send in the faceplate cuz the damn outsourced telephone operator with the terrible accent told me not to.like, come on dude....i KNOW your name aint Marcus
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom