To those attending a university, do you have any classes with or see star athletes on campus?

Originally Posted by getmoneyforever

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

I went to Purdue...I played pick up basketball with E'Twaun Moore and Robbie Hummel. Used to see them around campus all the time.

I went to high school with Darren Evans from Virginia Tech...we still chat it up on FB every now and then, but that's it.
couldn't beat west side until we left in 06
laugh.gif
On my mama Gary had some of the BEST hoopers in the state...if them dudes had the drive to go to college,I swear it would be CRAZY famo.

I go to San Diego State.

I see players on campus daily... My girl's roomate gets smashed by our star ball player.
Do i see them in class tho? Nah, I'm not a sociology or comm major.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Go to Syracuse.

Its nothing seeing an athlete. Most of them are level headed except Devendorf when he was here and some people on the football team but other than that its not a big deal. No one except groupies get excited. Some of those dudes have less swag than me.

EDIT: My dude Arthur will be in the NFL come April
pimp.gif
That's word, you see dudes everywhere
I have a friend who's on the basketball team, he's not that big of a deal to me
laugh.gif

I go to the University of Pittsburgh and its common to see star athletes around. I've been in different classes with Shady McCoy and Ronald Ramon. Iremember Dejuan Blair from high school, he played for Schenley, which played my school a few times a year. When he was at Pitt it wasn't unusual to see himaround, usually at the gas station or some other random place. When I was younger I used to see Brandon Knight and Karl Krauser pretty often. My boy Kev isgood friends with people from Pitt's football team, so I've seen Revis, Eric Thatcher a while ago and Jovani Chappel + some lesser known players thissemester.

Pitt Vs. Cincinnati tomorrow at 12.
LETS GO PITT!

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

its really nothing to see a star athlete walking around campus or in class they are there to do the same as any ordinary student. they are only stars to the public. Like im coo w russell westbrook and a buncha UCLA cats that people "idolize"
Alot of basketball an football players. yal sound real groupi-esque w those our age
Dude, shut the hell up. If you don't like the thread, why'd you click on it?
No one asked for your opinion on the thread.
You can't even spell.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

i wanna know what it was like being lab partners w/ Derrick Rose.. any Memphis alum?

Last Edited By: Jesus Christ 06/06/06 1:43 AM. EDITED 74 TIMES!??!?! what is going on here? (post is on 1st page)

Originally Posted by Orange Soda Man

I went to UCSB the past two years. No stars there lol.

I currently go to Cal State Northridge. No stars here either. Although I've seen William Hung, yes William Hung, on campus a couple times.
lost count of how many times i seen william. Looks like a regular %@# dude to me now (even though he kinda is)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solematic j21

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

I went to Gunderson High School with James Jones from the Packers. Actually friends with him too, like we'll say what's up and shake hands. You wanna talk about Jock though? This guy RAN the school. His girlfriend did his homework, teachers and coaches praised him and everybody else just rode his ____. One time he was upset at something and his girl (white girl cheerleader with a phatty
pimp.gif
) was like "What is it James?" dude was like "nothing leave me alone...." and I swear to you this was her response "do you want me to suck your ___) I went
eek.gif
as my jaw dropped
. Dude looked like a grown $%% man in high school though, EVERYBODY knew he was goin to the league for either basketball or football

roll.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That one always takes away the anger, you wouldnt even remember why was you mad in the first place word to Kat Williams.
LOL that's funny. I go to SJSU and during my freshman year I used to be with James Jones alot around campus and in the gym cause one of myfriends plays football. I used to be with Dwight Lowery all the time too. He's a cornerback playing for the Jets I think? but he's mad cool....this wasback in like 2006....our football team is trash now but I know a few of the hoopers just from high school and mutual friends....they're nothing specialreally...

james harden used to come to some of our parties

danny sullivan was at our party last night apparently, and i guess someone kicked him out because nobody knew who he was
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

UMD. I see Sean Mosley all the time. His girl live in my apt. complex. Cool and funny #$# dude
laugh.gif

Also met Vasquez at the bar once. Gave daps and kept it movin.

Male groupies at this school are ridiculous though
smh.gif
Yea tell me about it
eyes.gif

All of yall dudes sound like mini groupies though
For real. "My cousins dad's grandfather's niece's son who went to pre-k with my sister lived in Michael Vick's old dorm"
smh.gif

Never heard of some the connections yall got to these dudes
laugh.gif

Went to KU so I knew all those knuckleheads. Soph. year lived right down the hallway from Aqib Talib. He would always come over and play video games and drink.Cool dude.

Junior year lived right across the hallway from the basketball team. They are treated pretty much like Gods in Lawrence. After Rio hit the shot against Memphishe didn't have to pay for a single meal in Lawrence after that. Anyways I became pretty good friends with them and I got way to many funny storiesinvolving those dudes.

When I was a freshman I will admit I was
embarassed.gif
when I first saw WayneSimien and Keith Langford. Texting my boys like I just seen Keith and Wayne. Later that year I was chilling with my boy in his dorm room and in walks Keith.Keith ended up trading his PE Jayhawk 13's for the Altitudes. I still have pictures I took of em that night.

But as far as classes go, I had a bunch of athletes in my classes. Everyone I ever knew showed up when they could (travel) and mainly just sat there anddidn't do anything. I will say that Julian Wright had to be one of the most smart and polished guys I have ever met. Dude really didn't say all thatmuch but when he did he knew what he was talking about.

My two favorite stories involving athletes and class are the following...
1. Senior, coaching basketball. Obviously the class was full of athletes. So one day we are watching this game film and I'm in the back row. I hear thisnoise behind me and I look at the door and I see Russel Robinson on all fours, crawling into the class room cuse he was late.
roll.gif

2. Same class, we had Coach Self come speak to the class. He gets in there and says whats up the players. Looks around the room and goes, "Hey Sherronisn't Brady in this class?" Sherron was like, yeah I think so. Self looks around and doesn't see him in there and goes, "I know who is goingto be doing some extra running after practice."

Originally Posted by TooSexyForNT

I go to San Diego State.

I see players on campus daily... My girl's roomate gets smashed by our star ball player.
Do i see them in class tho? Nah, I'm not a sociology or comm major.
Hmmm so do I
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Our center is in my bio class.. son can't even fit into a seat so they got a special desk just for him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Went to high school with Myron Rolle, he is obviously as legit smart as you might imagine. His dorm room was super neat and organized, he was basically aperfect scholar athlete. We played ball together, he wasn't super skilled, but his athletic abilities let him be one of our top rebounders on the teamdespite only being 6'3" or so. Absolute freak of an athlete and student. Also an incredibly cool dude, couldn't have been nicer to everyone.Basically everything you read about him is true.

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

UMD. I see Sean Mosley all the time. His girl live in my apt. complex. Cool and funny #$# dude
laugh.gif

Also met Vasquez at the bar once. Gave daps and kept it movin.

Male groupies at this school are ridiculous though
smh.gif
Yea tell me about it
eyes.gif

All of yall dudes sound like mini groupies though
For real. "My cousins dad's grandfather's niece's son who went to pre-k with my sister lived in Michael Vick's old dorm"
smh.gif

Never heard of some the connections yall got to these dudes
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

langfor5 wrote:
Went to KU so I knew all those knuckleheads. Soph. year lived right down the hallway from Aqib Talib. He would always come over and play video games and drink. Cool dude.

Junior year lived right across the hallway from the basketball team. They are treated pretty much like Gods in Lawrence. After Rio hit the shot against Memphis he didn't have to pay for a single meal in Lawrence after that. Anyways I became pretty good friends with them and I got way to many funny stories involving those dudes.

When I was a freshman I will admit I was
embarassed.gif
when I first saw Wayne Simien and Keith Langford
. Texting my boys like I just seen Keith and Wayne. Later that year I was chilling with my boy in his dorm room and in walks Keith. Keith ended up trading his PE Jayhawk 13's for the Altitudes. I still have pictures I took of em that night.

But as far as classes go, I had a bunch of athletes in my classes. Everyone I ever knew showed up when they could (travel) and mainly just sat there and didn't do anything. I will say that Julian Wright had to be one of the most smart and polished guys I have ever met. Dude really didn't say all that much but when he did he knew what he was talking about.

My two favorite stories involving athletes and class are the following...
1. Senior, coaching basketball. Obviously the class was full of athletes. So one day we are watching this game film and I'm in the back row. I hear this noise behind me and I look at the door and I see Russel Robinson on all fours, crawling into the class room cuse he was late.
roll.gif

2. Same class, we had Coach Self come speak to the class. He gets in there and says whats up the players. Looks around the room and goes, "Hey Sherron isn't Brady in this class?" Sherron was like, yeah I think so. Self looks around and doesn't see him in there and goes, "I know who is going to be doing some extra running after practice."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

like you gotta admit that, we already know you was geeked fam.....

Well, I went to the high school that Tim Tebow played for and I scrimmaged against him once during summer football camp. I also saw him many times up close. Ialso went to high school with James Wilson (an O-Lineman that plays for UF). I had Geometry with him when I was a sophomore and he was a junior. He also liveddown the street from me when he went to my high school.

Originally Posted by Skill Jonez

Well, I went to the high school that Tim Tebow played for and I scrimmaged against him once during summer football camp. I also saw him many times up close. I also went to high school with James Wilson (an O-Lineman that plays for UF). I had Geometry with him when I was a sophomore and he was a junior. He also lived down the street from me when he went to my high school.
Man you all have to have SOME sort of ego to not verbalize something like this even if you do feel this way. Funny
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I go to SLU. Our basketball team aint %+$*, so seeing them on campus is like just seeing random tall cats.

QFT

all the b-ball dudes at St. John's back when I went were in CPS...never saw any of them going to, or in class (aside from Curtis Johnson)...
laugh.gif
I remember going to an off campus party a year or so ago and the whole sju b-ball team was there playing the wall looking mad regular...2 or 3 ofthem were socializing, one was Mason's son...and one kept asking me where I got my shoes and watch from
laugh.gif

my dorm is where the athletes live so i see them all the time. it was weird at first seeing huge %*# dudes (and girls) just lumbering around but you get usedto it.

like half of my friends are baseball/football/bball/soccer players. our school isn't nasty at sports or anything but some of my friends have made ESPNhighlight reels and stuff, which is pretty cool. and some of them were All-Americans or like Gatorade Player of the Year for their sports in HS, so they'repretty well-known where they're from.

Back
Top Bottom