To those of you who have lost someone close....

How did you deal with the passing of your loved ones?
Did anything in particular make it easier?
How long did it take before you felt any better?

Just lost my mom 2 months ago tomorrow.
Each day is such a struggle.
Just curious.

my brother passed back in 02. i had spoke with him about an hour before he passed. i remember that week like it happened last week. monday got my hair braided.that wednesday i bought nba live 02 and an extra controller so we could play on his bday on friday. i went to the barber shop to get an edge up. he wassupposed to take me but didnt because he was busy. got my egge up and went home to go practice before we played friday. called him up to let him know i got thegame. he told me he was going to come over thursday so we could play. last time i heard his voice. died 2 days before his 24 bday
smh.gif

he had ALOT of friends so alot of them came through and helped me with school, because i was trying to decide which high school to go to. was recievingacceptance letters in the mail. glad i was able to show him the few i recieved before he passed. his death hit me the hardest because we were close, i lowkeystill cry to this day and it was 7 years ago. i was only 12 so i had to be strong. just remember the good times you had with her. just keep your spirits up andeverybody around you

brother was killed 2 weeks ago, wound is still fresh but I say being around my nieces and nephew has helped tremendously

^Yikes
eek.gif
smh.gif

I lost my mom two years back.. I feel ya shorty. You just gotta take it slow and don't look at the big picture. Just maintain day by day and find yourrhythm. Your emotions will rise and fall so be prepared, and stay positive. PM me if you ever need to vent, no beast mode neither.

Keep your head up

You know she would want you to be happy

live for her each day

Pray to her

Lost my mom back in 08 jan, i went crazy, i never thought that something like this could happen to me. Im fixing up my life now. Just stay positive, and bearound love.

I drank a lot to fill the void, but that didnt help it just made everything worse. Now to help i just learn everything i can, try to make my mother proud whileshes looking down on her son. I had a lot of family and friends around me. Family ive never seen, and friends that stepped up to the plate like true friendsshould. Mostly i just kept myself busy, its never gonna be better but time medicates the pain. Like that one qoute "Life goes on". No matter whathappens in your life, if your still alive you have to get over it.

I lost both of my Grandmothers last year.

I lost my dog last year also.

The best thing to do is remember the joyful times you had with them. Let your family be there to help you get through the rough times.

I lost my sister two years ago. I remember everything like it was yesterday, that whole period, I was down deep inside. I still am a little today, but I try mybest to keep positive and try to think about the good times. That said, I burn and drink a whole lot now too. High school was hard but I had a lot of helpthroughout the way. I got closer to a lot of my cousins and family. I felt like things little by little were being given back to me somehow through her. Glad Ihave my support system that I do.

R.I.P. to those lost ones that anyone endured, the most painful thing to ever go through.

I lost my dad five years ago. Family and my church members rallied around my family so it made it soooo much easier to get through. Plus I went HARD in school,cuz my dad was big on education. It turned out to be one of my most productive years in high school. It'll be hard at times, but try not to be alone. Bearound positive people.

Condolences to those who have lost someone dear to them,

last year I lost my aunt whom I was very close to. I still think about her everyday, it was very hard at first and still is but as a family we have stucktogether and helped each other get through the tough times

losing a loved one is the worst and I do not wish it on anyone,
unfortunately death is the one thing that is certain and is a part of life
frown.gif

R.I.P to those who loset loved ones.....this honestly scares the $*+$ outta me....cuz my grandmothers is gettin' older, my favorite uncle is gettin'older, I know one day I'mma get them phone calls.

frown.gif

closest thing though was my first nephew I lost back when I was a junior in high school (stillborn). I was good throughout the whole funeral until the endwhere we put him in the ground. I had big plans for lil' man--we ALL did. He would've been 4 or 5 today, probably starting school. When my currentnephew was born I was scared $*+$ less cuz he was a premey. I would check to make sure he was breathing whenever I saw him laying real still. Even now, Ilook at him and get scared cuz I don't know what I'd do or how I could even process not having him around.

Sorry for your loss. You will never get over it nor will you ever be the same. The tough part is when you have dreams about her. Some of the dreams make sensebut others don't. I've been told that the ones that don't your mother is trying to tell you something. She will be your guardian angel and keep youfrom harms way!

The following things help me get through. Go visit your mother's grave site and put fresh flowers and talk to her on:

1. The day she died

2. Her birthday

3. Mother's day

4. Christmas

5. Thanksgiving

6. Valentines Day

Doing this will show her you love her and will never forget her. God Bless

I feel you OP, I lost my mom 2 years ago, Jan 07. It was so surreal like you never think anything like this could happen to you, it was very sudden andtherefore very hard to accept and deal with it. Alot of family and friends were there for support but it was still very difficult. I stayed home for months,didn't feel like doing anything at all, but like they all say, time is the best medicine. Keep your head up and things will get better, just know she iswatching over you and you will see her again some day, until then just keep doing your thing.

The first year is the toughest obviously. But it's going through the events and times without them for the first time that's hard. First birthday,Christmas, vacation, etc.

Once things get settled back into a routine also helps as well. The more you think about other things, daily routines, work, school, friends, the less youthink about your loss.

It's a tough balance you need to find... between mourning the death and showing respect to your loved one, and getting on with your life and moving on. Youcan't stay mourning forever but on the same hand you don't want to just completely push the person out of your life in an effort to get over theirdeath.

Good luck, it's never easy, feel free to ask for help if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom