Tom Brady MUST be relabeled a "choker" vol. You serious?

Got this from another internet message board:

"If the media applies the same reasoning to Tom Brady as they did to Peyton Manning, Brady MUST be relabeled a "choker." He has failed in theclutch in the playoffs for the last three seasons."

Discuss.

Nah.

Patriots stop the Giants on that 4th and 1, Brady has just won another Super Bowl.

p1_vinatieri.jpg
That's what happens when you lose the most clutch player on your team.

so if you dont win a super bowl every year you're a choker....thats their logic?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

p1_vinatieri.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Does have a point. Adam got another ring and with the choker named Manning. Brady ain't won +++ since. Hmmmm.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MaxElite

so if you dont win a super bowl every year you're a choker....thats their logic?

I guess so. I mean 15-3 in the playoffs is choking for real
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

p1_vinatieri.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Does have a point. Adam got another ring and with the choker named Manning. Brady ain't won +++ since. Hmmmm.
laugh.gif

Adam Vinatieri is that dude, I'm tellin ya. My Great Aunt (Rams fan) smacks me with a wooden spoon if I say dudes name.
laugh.gif

Yo Brady played a hell of a game given the circumstances. So many other QB's would have folded completely under the pressure he was under.

Not winning is not the same as choking. The Patriots were just out played all the way around.

When you go 18-0 and then lose the last game, that's my definition of choking. Brady himself didn't choke, but the Patriots sure did.

I'm just loving this though. I knew it would happen. I knew if these dudes lost they would suffer....this whole spygate crap isn't even over. Look forBellicheck to retire soon.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

were they really expecting Brady to score in 30 seconds?

thats not the point... the Pats lost the game, putting up 14 points

"Greatest SuperBowl QB of all time"....

"Greatest Offense of all time".......

Here's his explination:

My main point in starting this thread is to point out the utter hypocrisy of the media's treatment of Tom Brady. He was labeled a "winner" afterthe 2001 season and virtually the entire team's success was attributed to him. As we have pointed out again and again, he was barely above average both inthe regular season and the playoffs that year. He needed the luck of the Tuck Rule, the help of backup Drew Bledsoe, and the leg of Adam Vinatieri.

Second, all NE success since then had been attributed to Brady, but any NE failures are explained away with some other reasons. When they win, it's allbecause of Brady; when they lose, it was the defense's fault or the offensive line's fault or the front office's fault for not getting Bradyweapons. Why isn't he under the same scrutiny that Peyton Manning and Brett Favre have been? Brady's errors cost the Patriots against the Broncos in2005, against the Colts last season, and should have cost them against the Chargers in 2006 and 2007, but Troy Brown bailed Brady out in 2006 and the threemost important SD offensive players were injured in 2007. This year, his immobility, temper, and inability to handle a pass rush cost the Patriots the SuperBowl. Blame needs to be laid on him--by the media's point of view.

Finally, there is a horrible discrepancy in the way people dish out labels like "winner" and "choker." Was Michael Jordan a"choker" when the Bulls lost to the Pistons in 1988, 1989, and 1990? No, he played his best but the Pistons were just the better team. But when theteam improves and they win--despite no improvement from Jordan--he's suddenly a "winner." Once the Bulls won, though, Jordan was elevated to somedeified status even though his production and play were no better than when he "couldn't win the big one." How come? Peyton Manning was no betterin 2006 than he was in 2005, but suddenly he's a "winner?"

The greatest lunacy is that those who win first get a pass no matter what happens later. Tom Brady could have thrown five interceptions in the Super Bowl andthe media would still refer to him as a "winner." Yeah, he won first and gagged later; why isn't that any different than gagging first andwinning later? I give Brady credit for his role in the Patriots three Super Bowl victories; he was a big part of those wins, but not the primary reason.However, I also place blame on him for their playoff failures the past three seasons; he was integral to those losses. By the media's standardshowever--too much credit for QBs when they win and too much blame when they lose--he was THE reason the Patriots lost each of the past three seasons. Hechoked.

Originally Posted by presequel

Nah.

Patriots stop the Giants on that 4th and 1, Brady has just won another Super Bowl.
Pretty much. Let's be real. The game was decided on a prayer Eli threw and one miraculous catch. It's not an excuse for the Pats because awin is a win and the play was 100% legit. But if Tyree hadn't caught that ball I'm not sure the Giants would be celebrating today.

their offensive line lost the game for them
tired.gif
i would say the Patriots secondary lost the game for them. HOW do u let Tyree get open on that 3rd and five and let him catch that ball and EllisHobbs on the final touchdown had no +#$*%** clue what he was doing. The Patriots need to spend that 7th pick on Aquib Talib and get rid of Hobbs cause the wasthe one that chocked not Brady.

When the Pats let Vinatieri go, the "curse" moved from Fenway to Gillette.

Just kidding.

Yo Brady played a hell of a game given the circumstances. So many other QB's would have folded completely under the pressure he was under.

Not winning is not the same as choking. The Patriots were just out played all the way around.

Yep.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

their offensive line lost the game for them
tired.gif
i would say the Patriots secondary lost the game for them. HOW do u let Tyree get open on that 3rd and five and let him catch that ball and Ellis Hobbs on the final touchdown had no +#$*%** clue what he was doing. The Patriots need to spend that 7th pick on Aquib Talib and get rid of Hobbs cause the was the one that chocked not Brady.

ya you could say it was the secondary too.. but the Giants D was pressuring Brady like crazy.. dude didn't have enough time in the pocket as he normallyhad all season..... but I agree with you on Hobbs... Dude had absolutely no clue what he was doing and got burned at the end by Plax
sick.gif
sick.gif

This is seriously starting to get annoying. The Patriots haters are probably the lamest bunch since the Laker bandwagon cats with flags on their cars.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

yeah the TEAM definitely choked this year. but to label Brady a choker is
grin.gif
. it's not like he had a terrible performance. losing under the highest pressure or in the biggest game doesnt always make u a choker.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I guess so. I mean 15-3 in the playoffs is choking for real
grin.gif

He gave the Pats the lead with about 2:30 left in the game.
Pats' defense allows the Giants to march down the field and score the winning touchdown.

Nah.

+2

On another note, having been fed Tom Brady on a platter for the last four months thanks to the media, ESPN, and all other sports/news outlets, I figured theywould stop once they lost...

They're still talking about him.

actually, it IS the point. you know why?

choking is when you can't make the big plays when they count. Brady kept his team in the lead for 3 quarters, and as soon as the Giants scored he answeredback with a 5 minute scoring drive, taking the clock down to 2 minutes. that right there disqualifies him from the "choking" label. regardless ofwhat happened before that point of the game, you lead a 5 minute scoring drive in the late 4th quarter to take the lead, and you redeemed yourself of whateverhappened before.

it's not his fault that his defense got roasted. he didn't choke. he did what he was supposed to do and put his team in position to win against a greatdefense. for Brady to choke, he would have had to fail to give his team the lead late in the 4th quarter, but that's exactly what he did. unless they thinkhe choked in the last 30 seconds, which is completely unreasonable to think.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

That's I'm wondering lol Brady is no god but he's a great player he can't pull a miracle off like that.

Back
Top Bottom