TOMS

Is it just me or this the new shoe of the hipster? Check it....
You cop a pair of TOMS for the sake of supporting a good cause, you support this cause by paying 80 or more dolla dolla bills. That's 80 or more dead presidents spent on a pair of kicks that cost about 5-10 dead presidents to create. (Not to mention the fact that there could possibly be some peoples getting paid dirt weed as in pennies a day to make these shoes somewhere in Asia*) So you pay 80, the corporation pays 10-20 bucks to make two pairs of TOMS and at the end of the day the business makes a profit of about 60-70 bucks. While again, (somebody call me out if I'm wrong*) some poor soul out there could be getting exploited for pennies to sew these slippers together. Yet, you do this to support a good cause. Meanwhile, you turn your nose up at the homeless guy on the side of the street. Moral of the story? There are still many people in need, right here in your backyard. Maybe it's just me NT???? Opinions???

Toms still serves the white knight industrial complex. Rather than giving the people the tools they need to make proper shoes at an inexpensive cost, they donate shoes.

There is a saying, "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life."

Toms is giving not teaching.

A better company that has a similar idea, better implementation, and nicer shoes is Oliberte.

Matter of fact, I'm going to open a thread about it.

Back
Top Bottom