Took A Small World Tour For My Birthday (Rome, Egypt & Dubai)

how long were u gone for? and how much did it cost?- odog24

Well I flew from NY Tuesday to London and got a flight to Rome the same day I landed. So I landed in Rome Wednesday 6 pm, did a night tour and explored the city the next day. I flew from Rome to Dubai at 1040 pm Thursday and landed in Dubai like 9 am Friday. Monday I left Dubai to go Egypt for about 24 hours and then I headed home.

What was your favorite part of the trip?- Yeah
Can't say I have a favorite, each city was great for different reasons. Rome is like a huge museum, every where you walk you see historical structures. It is a beautiful city. Dubai is like an international Vegas, depending on where you go. Cairo was all about seeing Egyptian history in person.

What about the local females? Talk about that. We don't care about pictures of stuff we can Google Search.- DCAllAmerican

I was with a woman and was more focused on exploring then chasing chicks. Italian women are nice but of course I don't speak Italian. I noticed a lot of making out in public out there, which you won't find in Dubai or Cairo. Dubai has women from all over the world, ran into some from Paris and  some from African countries. I would def go back and hit up more clubs. Cairo is pretty much like a Middle Eastern country.

How safe is Cairo/Egypt, Nigel? I really want to hit up the pyramids over there but I'm not trying to get killed.- hongcouver604
The day before I went Cairo i saw a newspaper say tanks were bank in Tahir Square! So the pyramids are like 45 minutes from the airport and you have nothing to worry about out there. Although at my hotel they made you walk through a metal detector, I never seen that before. The area with the protests is Tahir Square but things were calm. You have to go there if you want to see the Egyptian museum. You can tell that area gets wild because a building a few feet from the Egyptian museum is there that was set on fire,check the pic below. As of now I would say you are safe, the pyramids are away from the drama.
egypt-40.jpg

whats your equipment? The photography looks amazing- MECKS
Canon T3i and a few lens, a wide angle lens is good for stuff like this.

jesus. how much did all this cost if you dont mind me asking? also include hookups that regular people wouldnt get. - Mycoldyourdone
Well it was me and one person I would say around 5k. There are ways to save a lot of money. Used Credit card points/miles and book multi -destination flights and get hotels for cheap. I recommend the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, AMEX SPG card and using United Miles program.

any pics of their cars @ dubai?-anticop23
Seen a lot of nice whips but didn't get to pics of many.
Dubai-97.jpg

Dubai looks great.

For me the pyramids were a huge surprise regarding the fact that they are literally in the middle of the city. Iwas expecting them to be on a sacred platform(they are on a smaller hill), but still the buildings, roads and houses located so close were wierd.
Rome's beautiful, love it. Great pic of the last judgment, photos weren't allowed to be taken when I ws there. So I teamed up with a few other tourists, they covered me while I took a few pictures, but they turned out horrible...hahaha

not to thread jack, but I did something similar for my bday in January, went to Egypt and Kenya...except you had a much better camera than me, but that hotel pic by the pyramids you had was ridiculous

395299_10100374833128358_15701431_47584873_902145787_n.jpg

430892_10100392128044208_15701431_47639465_187411153_n.jpg

406442_10100383767813178_15701431_47616862_640124557_n.jpg

400321_10100383835657218_15701431_47617395_79451637_n.jpg

I advise people to go somewhere far, and usually there is a layover somewhere with flights over 10 hours, so modify your search and spend a day or 2 at the layover and it should cost the same

next week, I'm going to Japan, Thailand, and Malaysia from NYC and the airfare was only $1,245

Nice.  That's way better than just getting drunk in a club.
How is Egypt now?  Is it stable?  Safe?

Dope. I need to go to Egypt and see those pyramids. Also wanna do an African safari and run with the zebras.

Awesome 
pimp.gif
and even better pics. 5k seems like a very reasonable amount seeing as how many places you visited. Why such a short trip though? did you get to see everything you wanted to see in less than a week? 

@bizzygunts Kenya must of been craz, how is it out there?

How is Egypt now?  Is it stable?  Safe? - shogun
It was safe when I went but things can change in a heart beat. The Pyramids is in a safe area tho.

You do the dude who owns/runs RealTalkNY?-eiddyfouw
Yes been on NT since highschool

Why such a short trip though? did you get to see everything you wanted to see in less than a week? -McRaptor
The focus was Dubai, but I decided I might as well see some other spots while I'm all the way out there.

soooo jelly of ur trip...

seems like you did alot in a short amount of time...
really wanna peep out that coliseum, never really cared for those pyramids till i saw ur post..! now thats a must on my list!

good stuff op!

@LifeisMoreThanKicks

Kenya was nice man, Nairobi is a cool little city with plenty of beautiful African women and nightlife. I didnt get to go to Masai Mara or Serenghetti, didnt have enough time. The pic of the Zebra was in Nairobi Reservation...it is hugh, I saw giraffes, zebras, ostriches,crocodiles and other animals, but no lions or leopards.

Mombasa was my favorite city there, the beach was absolutely amazing and the nightlife there was nuts, and the fact that you can ride camels on the beach was unique I recommend anyone to go there

Originally Posted by LifeisMoreThanKicks

You do the dude who owns/runs RealTalkNY?-eiddyfouw
Yes been on NT since highschool

That's pretty dope man.  Congrats for being able to carve out some space for yourself in what seems like an over saturated block. I remember I saw your site years ago for the first time, around like 2005...

Back
Top Bottom