Top 10 Films That Predicted The Future

Is Videodrome any good? Only film I haven't seen on the list. ESOTSM was an interesting fact I didn't know was perfected.

Truman show was on point
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by y0ung j33zy

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

I remember reading that article on Back to the Future II. That film alone predicted what the 21st century would look like minus the hoverboard.

Patience
pimp.gif

Ill 
pimp.gif

Back 2 the Future 2 would have also gotten credit for flat panel television, but Fred had the jump on that one.

mister_rogers_hi_sign.jpg

They Live really captures the whole notion that there is an unknown force controlling the world that seems to become more and more prevelant. Plus it works really well as an action movie on its own. You can also say that Do The Right Thing predicted the rioting that took place after Radio Raheem was killed with the rioting after the Rodney King beating. The same can be said about the French film La Haine that predicted the riots that swept France 10 years after it was made. La Haine is a very underrated movie BTW, check it out. Deserves at least as much hype as City of God IMO.

Some of the stuff in Videodrome said by professor Brian O'Blivion is downright spooky with its connection to the Internet today:

Also, this really isn't predicting the future, but I really find this from The Big Lebowski freaky:

large_big_lebowski_blu-ray_1.jpg

Check out the date on the check. The Big Lebowski was made in 1998.

Back
Top Bottom