TOP 5 PICKUPS OF 2008

2ebgxuc.jpg

2dmayoo.jpg

wkfinr.jpg

15hhg6u.jpg

nmfhgg.jpg

It's real hard to name just 5. There are still a few shoes that released this year that I haven't gotten around to buying yet that might break into thelist, but we all know when it comes to sneakers today, patience is a virtue (plus it's more affordable lol).

-Wanted a pair for YEARS. Finally got them DS for retail. (Snoopy Dance was done upon arrival)

-Probably the most I spent on a single pair of sneakers this year, but I could not pass up on a DS pair in my size. (Peanut butter & Jelly was lunch for 1week straight due this purchase and I did not regret it one bit)

-These had probably the most sentimental value due to the fact I had them when they re-released back in 2002. Long story short the left shoe got thrown in thegarbage by accident by a family member that if I did not love them I would have decapitated over the incident. Finally got a ds pair after missing out on adifferent pair last year.

-DS 2003 retro (the quality and beauty of this shoe... It's not even close to being my favorite sneaker, but I couldn't stop looking at them when theyarrived for a good half hour. Got them for a decent price also which made it even more special.)

-House of Hoop exclusive "Penny" Foam. (This is the only time I will quote this line without a NO %+!!...
"Look so good, I'd suck on her daddy's ____"

-(Snoopy Dance was done upon arrival)

-Close to 6 years of searching finally came to an end. (Pepper seed dance was done upon arrival!)

-Number 1 pick-up of the year for too many reasons to name.

Difficult decision! .....I've bought a lot of kicks this year!
ohwell.gif

But I would have to say, these are my top 5 purchases from 2008 (no particular order)

Finally got myself a second "collection only" pair of Black/infa reds ....had to pay stupid reseller prices, but it was worth it for my favouriteJordans ever!!
b6a26ff4d706dae7c8c32527d3c8c557fbe2585f.pjpg

....and for the ICE!!
wink.gif

2743691748ae0a2ba568c3973c9128827f382f40.pjpg

DS OG Steel Xs...$160!
07836af643ff070eab2cc33e3d9a29597ac88e8f.pjpg

OG XIIs
fa51604200a0ca382334fabe91f0325c590668da.pjpg

Carmines.... best Jordan release of the year IMO!! .....followed VERY closely by the XX3s!
pimp.gif

4b026ac4eb0e3af3c6e3ed2e36d1de601df4bf01.pjpg

And also, I had to Pump up and Air out...
4b126d945d07ea57ca8302281d7ef0aed685148c.pjpg

Don't have pics right now but my top 4 pickups are....

1. Quickstrike XX3's
2. Motorsport XX3's
3. Flightposite Ones
4. Last Shot XIV's

I only did a top 4 because nothing else I picked up really stood out. I didn't buy too many pairs this year, and these were the ones that stood out. If Ihad to put a number 5, it'd probably be my Flint 7's. I really liked those, and if I didn't get the trade offer for them that I did I'd stillhave them.

1. Countdown 11/12 pack
2. playoff 8's for $50
3. XX3's
4. 3 colors of air max DT 96's
5. 4 colors of jordan big funds

pimp.gif
I was thinking of doing this, EXCEPT the shoes had to be released THISyear.
No order , TOP 5 top "Titles" released this year.

1. ARC x Saucony

2. XX3s ( In general)

3. Red 95

4. The Adidas AZX Collab: WW/CT/ARC

5. FINALLY ZF brothers come back!!!!
pimp.gif

Mann... hmm

1- Olive IXs
2- Blk white CDP 1s
3- Knicks 2000 Dunk Highs
4- Right Arm Tattoo
5- Linen AF1s

191322_1b4028d089_l.jpg
191320_28f857f7af_l.jpg
212074_4578cc8a22_l.jpg

I have been searching for some cool greys for the longest because when i bought them back in the day people were getting murked over them so i decided to hoopin mines...So my boy wanted me to find him a pair as well...i ended up winning two bids on ebay one for like 220 for some nds (his) and i ended up winning someDS Cool Greys for 330...i was sooooo happy man i damn near fainted when i got bot shoes in the mail. because i normaly would of thought i was gonna get messedover...i was SO geeked i damn near almost pissed my pants.....

214334_9220fd9396_l.jpg

Next Pair was the Retro IX's Reason being is because back when i was in high school i copped them....and at my best friend's open house (rip) i left myshoes there by mistake...he ended up taking my shoes with him!!! when he came back on his vacation he hooped in them,colored them,dyed them, everything! theylooked like some beat up OG's!!! i was sooooooo pissed because this is still one of my favorite Jordans. So This year while i was ebay hunt for jordanswhen i am at work...i manage to find these if i remembered for retail...maaaaaaan i was sooo happy when i got them in the mail...the seller said they were ndsbut when i got em they could pass for DS.

260402_a72b1be42e_l.jpg

I had these back in the Day and i always wanted a pair of Vi's since i was unable to cop the blk/red joints. So when i copped these back in the day ihonesty didnt know how to keep the clear bottom clean...thats until i started comin on nt alot and gettin my sneaker mantenance game up
roll.gif
i ended up giving these away...But this year i found these on niketalk for lessthan retail (i think)and i was impressed! thanks bchimcuter for the good tranaction
pimp.gif

n500190310_3081985_2811.jpg
n500190310_2904485_5536.jpg
260404_d8bf352f61_l.jpg

(this is all one cop!)
Almost anybody in Detroit can spot out some Cartier glasses...everybody has them..everybody wants them...i managed buy me two pair and a Freeze watch. i alwayswanted a pair of cartier glasses because i like the style of them. but sadly everybody cant wear them...in certain areas you have to wear them with caution.people always wanted me to get some "woods" but honesty you can loose your life wearin those...So i'll keep my wires....
wink.gif
and the gold watch was a hard one to get...i mean it aint much compared to somebut i am not into them big goofy look watches with nothing but ice in em....OF course some people were mad when i told them how much i spent to get all ofthese lol.

n500190310_5167805_2066.jpg

Now i copped the 01's back in the Day...i remember that day like it was yesterday...i missed the release date and my brother got his...he always used tobrag in my face that his dad bought got him his shoes and i was SOL because my sz.11 always sell's out fast...and i got paid every two weeks and i didntget paid yet..so when i got my first check i just so happen to go in the mall stores to see if they had any left...just so happend they did! but not in mysize...
frown.gif
i ended up buying the 11.5 and copped me a cell phone anddipped out back home geeked as hell! sadly there is always a bad ending to stories....i ended up leaving these at my grandmoms house thinking nobody wouldtouch them...my cousin managed to find my shoes and wore them...messed my shoes up...i wanted to cry....because it was the first pair of jordans I bought withmy own money....So i tried to find me some on niketalk,beastbay,ebay,iss anywhere...So when i heard that these were gonna be in the pack...i had to get them.my car broke down so i was only catching the bus...So friday night around 12am i tried to cop from beastbay,footlocker,finishline,ndc and it was no luck...iwas gonna goto the burn rubber midnight release but they ended up selling out fast...my female friend lady L called me up seein did i get my pair because shewas on the hunt to get em as well. i was at work when i tried to copped these online (i taped it as well but i was cursin alot so i cant post it here) ifigured i had to goto northland mall to cop...i caught a taxi to northland mall at 5am...lucky me since my step father works at northland mall as the policeone of his boys told me about macy's 6am sale...This is what i put on the jordan thread..

man this release was alil crazy at the mall i copped mines at. at first i shopped around at macys at 6am and i bought something i saw some lil jerkrunning thru the mall. right then and there i knew i ran chasinthat jerk because i was the first person in the mall (i got there at 5am) So when i got to footlocker i waited and saw somebody i knew from burn rubber. talkto him for a minute and asked for my size...when they said they didnt have my size i dipped mean muggin them.i get to champs and i asked the lady did they have my size..she goes in the back to get meand this other guy size....by then everybody and they moms (no really they moms
laugh.gif
) start running in like crazy..the lady came out and she start to ring me up and she justhad to say my size out loud!!!! when the lady at champs said my size out loud all the people looked at me like i paid my money and got the heck outta there.

and thats why i am happy to have these back in my life...i'm still gonna cop me some 01's next year So resellers on nt dont be surprised in tax seasonyou get some pm's from me
roll.gif

oh yea and i cant forget about these(special)

n500190310_5209743_9231.jpg

now at first i was debating should i get my own custom shoe made or not for my church league...So then this girl who i am not in a relationship with decided tosurprise me with my own pair with my jersey number on them with my last name as well! i was shocked!!! i'll have em in 4 weeks...and i cant wait...me havemy own 1 of 1's
roll.gif

(oh and i did the rasheed dance that he does before tip off at detroit)

on a thankful note....2008 has been a great year, and, although yesterday
was Christmas, everyday feels like Christmas when you have a loving
family, great friends, and good health....and plenty of kicks throughout
the year
smokin.gif

SO hard to choose just 5, but i'll do my best!
nerd.gif

VNDS SpaceJams XI
NDS Flint Gray/White XII
VNDS Blue/Flint Gray/White XIII
DS Gucci Premier 1
DS White/Red XVIII

3 tee's from the L.E. The Hundreds 5th anniversary pop up store.
The Hundreds x Hall Of Fame new era.
The Hundreds x Disney tee.
The Hundreds x Special Blend coat.
Aqua's (favorite shoe)
CPD 11/12.
ohwell.gif

MY TRUE LOVES....
Canon EOS 20d.
40 inch Samsung LCD.
black MacBook.
16 gb iPhone.
(I'll post pics later)