Top 5 Selling RUNNING Shoes (projectbluefoot.com)

I really Like those Torches I have the last pair and they are one of the most comfotable shoe I ever had...

Originally Posted by Steez

The lists are posted as facts. They give you a window into what's actually selling, instead of imaginary/hypotheticals that some people like to come up with. It gives you insight into why companies bring certain models back over and over again, or why certain colorways release, or what the current mass market trends are. Don't know where you got the "war" angle as I've posted these lists for a long minute. I don't get royalty checks on any of these shoes, so I really couldn't care less what people think of them. They are provided as a rare glimpse into industry numbers and they give you context for what companies put out on the market, instead of coming up with your own theories. That's it.
Thank you Steez. It just FELT like it was a "war" tactic based on the RUNNING shoes in caps and "clean sweep by Nike" in thethread. I was coming off the running shoe post in the general forum and was still steaming I guess.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It really does suck that these are classified as running shoes still. Nike needs a sub category called Casual Running or Sportswear Running. I doappreciate you posting the info though, it's pretty cool to see whats "HOT" by retail standards. Even if I disagree with what'sselling.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Vomero's probably aren't on this list because they can't compete with the shoes posted. The customer looking for a Shox Classic or AM09 is muchmore out there IMO than the Vomero. The Vomero has done well to my knowledge but is hard to keep up due to sheer volume that the other shoes do and thelocations they are actually supplied to.

i've always wondered why the nike shox running shoes did so much better than the nike shox basketball shoes. i know most people would never run in theirpair of shox, but i swear by my BB4 and Stunners (i know im not the only one) for basketball. im stuck searching ebay because the shox bball line has gonedownhill.

A lot more people wear Shox with jeans/casually so that's why they've done so much better. The technology is dead IMO. I don't think Nike is tryingto advance it any and it seems like lunar/flywire is pretty much what they're focused on now. IMO the latter performs a LOT better. I did like a few Shoxhoops shoes when I had them but it was mostly the BB4 and Stunners like you said.
laugh.gif

Classification is just that; a broad umbrella. Technically speaking, Cortez's are runners and dunks are basketballshoes. Retailers have sub-categories of course, but that's the general stroke that they fall under.

I'm used to Steez's posts about the top basketball shoes and the top overall sellers, but I believe this is thefirst I've seen for solely runners. List isn't surprising at all, except for my personal shocker that a women's sku is #1 on the list. This alsobegs the question as to why they haven't put out a GS version of the CL II, since it's obviously selling at a rapid clip in Men's and Womens. Seems like Nike got on board extremely late with GS versions of the Hyperdunk and Sweet Classic and is poised to do the same with this model as well.

As far as running, I have a pretty decent knowledge of my area, and Asics followed by NB KILL Nike in the running sector.

That's relative to how you define the "killing".

Kind of like defining the best rapper or singer in the industry; it's subjective based on how you define what the"best" is.

Yeah of course. Mizuno has had the best rated for technology in the past decade by Runners World but that doesn't make it the best shoe for YOU. Thequestion "what's the best running shoe?" is IMPOSSIBLE to answer.

We had this discussion a few months ago about what are true running shoes or whatever. Even with the"exact" science of running shoes, there still is a level of subjectivity in all of this. I mean it isn't like you cannot run in Shox for distanceand it doesn't automatically mean you'll get an injury. Heck I just ran 3 fast miles on concrete in some Northface boots and cargo pants in 107 degreeheat (I'm in the middle east right now), with not even a hint of ANY injury or discomfort. For the record I have a pair of Vomero's and the LunarGlide+ , I just decided to up and run to the PX as a challenge to myself being I wasn't optimally fitted.

Of course some shoes are better than others for a specific activity, but fact is even the lowly Shox are better than some of the running shoes people used torun in. I noticed there is a smidgeon of snobbery when it comes to the subject of running shoes.

Shox are still huge on my college campus. I guess they have that versatility in being a running, casual, and lounge-around (think sweatpants and midtermseason) shoe.

I've been asked before if I owned a pair of Nike "Shock".

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Classification is just that; a broad umbrella. Technically speaking, Cortez's are runners and dunks are basketball shoes. Retailers have sub-categories of course, but that's the general stroke that they fall under.
I couldn't have put it any better. Excellent examples, because shoes like the Cortez and Dunk were considered at one point actual hoops shoesand nowadays they are worn for casual purposes. How folks used to ball in Chuck Taylors still baffles me.
Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

We had this discussion a few months ago about what are true running shoes or whatever. Even with the "exact" science of running shoes, there still is a level of subjectivity in all of this. I mean it isn't like you cannot run in Shox for distance and it doesn't automatically mean you'll get an injury.
Well stated.

I noticed there is a smidgeon of snobbery when it comes to the subject of running shoes.
Totally.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

As far as running, I have a pretty decent knowledge of my area, and Asics followed by NB KILL Nike in the running sector.
In the past I would have agreed with this statement, but I think they have progressed and it shows. Shoes like the Equalon (only 3 years old) havewon Runners World top honors; these awards were always held for Asics and New Balance models, so Nike has come a long way.

Running is how Nike started and even though their strengths tend to be in basketball/casual sector, they still have a foothold with the best selling runningbrands.

At least Nike is trying to take the step in the right direction with the running shoes. They'll always have a strong customer base, but I hate the peoplewho are blinded by the swoosh and refuse to try anything else. If you try all brands and are completely unbiased, then cool. The 15-25 year old runner ispretty much going to grab a Nike if he's looking for a first running shoe.

So many uninformed people is my ONLY gripe.

shox are crap. everytime a customer asks for a size in any shox i bring out a vomero in the same size just to tease em'
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

At least Nike is trying to take the step in the right direction with the running shoes. They'll always have a strong customer base, but I hate the people who are blinded by the swoosh and refuse to try anything else. If you try all brands and are completely unbiased, then cool. The 15-25 year old runner is pretty much going to grab a Nike if he's looking for a first running shoe.

Some people just like to stay brand consistent. It is their right as a consumer, nothing tohave a gripe about. I myself know there are alternatives, BUT because of my PREFERENCE for Nike I'll stick to them. It is not like Nike is extremelyinferior to the other brands. Let's face it, either you can run or you cannot. If you are not in shape to run and your body is not used to the poundingyou'll more than likely develop an injury no matter what brand you buy. Just like if you are an excellent/experienced runner, you are going to run good nomatter what is on your feet (within reason). I ran my fastest 2 mile ever (11:25 BTW) in a pair of Nike Air Payton V's. No shin splints, achilles pain.Only thing hurting was my lungs
laugh.gif

At least Nike is trying to take the step in the right direction with the running shoes. They'll always have a strong customer base, but I hate the people who are blinded by the swoosh and refuse to try anything else. If you try all brands and are completely unbiased, then cool. The 15-25 year old runner is pretty much going to grab a Nike if he's looking for a first running shoe.

Some people just like to stay brand consistent. It is their right as a consumer, nothing to have a gripe about. I myself know there are alternatives, BUT because of my PREFERENCE for Nike I'll stick to them. It is not like Nike is extremely inferior to the other brands. Let's face it, either you can run or you cannot. If you are not in shape to run and your body is not used to the pounding you'll more than likely develop an injury no matter what brand you buy. Just like if you are an excellent/experienced runner, you are going to run good no matter what is on your feet (within reason). I ran my fastest 2 mile ever (11:25 BTW) in a pair of Nike Air Payton V's. No shin splints, achilles pain. Only thing hurting was my lungs
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Like I said, people wearing the swoosh to run isn't my problem. It's the uninformed people who don't give other brands a chance at all just becausethey "aren't NIKE" is what I don't like. Those people who say "if it isn't Nike, it isn't good". You deal with a lot ofthose people working retail especially with running shoes and it bothers the hell out of me.
laugh.gif

I usually just laugh in their face.
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Some people just like to stay brand consistent. It is their right as a consumer, nothing to have a gripe about. I myself know there are alternatives, BUT because of my PREFERENCE for Nike I'll stick to them. It is not like Nike is extremely inferior to the other brands. Let's face it, either you can run or you cannot. If you are not in shape to run and your body is not used to the pounding you'll more than likely develop an injury no matter what brand you buy. Just like if you are an excellent/experienced runner, you are going to run good no matter what is on your feet (within reason). I ran my fastest 2 mile ever (11:25 BTW) in a pair of Nike Air Payton V's. No shin splints, achilles pain. Only thing hurting was my lungs
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Like I said, people wearing the swoosh to run isn't my problem. It's the uninformed people who don't give other brands a chance at all just because they "aren't NIKE" is what I don't like. Those people who say "if it isn't Nike, it isn't good". You deal with a lot of those people working retail especially with running shoes and it bothers the hell out of me.
laugh.gif

I usually just laugh in their face.
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Still don't understand why that upsets you or bothers you, or compels you to laugh at themin their face. But hey different strokes for different folks.
laugh.gif
@ running shoe snobbery.

Back
Top Bottom