Top 5 Violent Cities of 2012 vol. Home, Sweet Home

Originally Posted by wcghost

^thanks bro. after everything is set-up, come through whenever.
pimp.gif
Fasho

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

bbrroowwnnssuuggaarr wrote:

Probably going to move to Oakland in a year or 2. Im about 25min from there now.  Doesnt seem that dangerous to me. Too me North Richmond seems way more grimey.
I work on the border of Richmond and San Pablo and Richmond is one of the grimiest places I've been to. I'm much more comfortable in Oakland than Richmond.

opposite for me, but maybe because I stay in richmond...west oakland looks the grimiest because all the knocks roaming around.
West Oakland is hella grimey. The store I was at before this one was on the border of West Oakland and Emeryville off SP. I had to start taking smoke breaks around back because I would get hit up for cigs every single time I went out.

Originally Posted by Dalek

Originally Posted by wcghost

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

Where exactly in Oakland? I'm surprised that Oakland was this high...I've known of the city's notorious crime rate but I've personally never had any problems ever since I was young.
South Oakland aka Alamurda! j/k
Fruitvale area. My pops bought a dirt cheap, former grow-house lot (5000 sqft.) for $108K 
laugh.gif

NICE... check for mold and other crazy things that come from former grow spots... Fruitville's great for tacos.. Its not the greatest place now but I think within the next 5 to 10 years all the hipsters will try to move in and you guys could come up!

Oakland for the most part is awesome.. It has culture... The bar scene in downtown is getting pretty good.. right by frisco and berkeley which are also awesome... Rich and super hood spots... gotta love the diversity

temescal, piedmont, lake merritt, downtown oakland, etc.
 it's really on the come up as of late. just avoid east oakland really 
laugh.gif

even parts of west oakland are looking nice these days.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Chicago isn't on the list, because there is damn near 10mil people in the city.. Use your brain, folks. Detroit, though.. Smfhand Flint everyone knows everyone there

3mil---and that clown scientific method hit the nail on the head alreadya few years back the top cop(jody weiss) decided not to record certain situations as homicides ---i e gang related. @+#+just week or so around the hood about 10 people have gotten murked smhthe mexican gangs in my hood require you to catch a body just to be down---and fools turn everyday

Originally Posted by red mpls

Chicago isn't on the list, because there is damn near 10mil 3 million people in the city.. Use your brain, folks. Detroit, though.. Smfhand Flint everyone knows everyone there

This.  These lists and any other such comparisons between cities are based on violent crime rates, which helps control for population differences, not simply numbers of incidents...

brah---every year they record around 600---but its more like 1000-1200

never meant to glorify murders
grin.gif
and my bad if it came off that way. i just always assumed that boston was a low crime city from what i can tell being there so much. much more apparent in the suburbs.

taking it a bit too seriously
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

Chicago isn't on the list, because there is damn near 10mil people in the city.. Use your brain, folks. Detroit, though.. Smfhand Flint everyone knows everyone there

3mil---and that clown scientific method hit the nail on the head alreadya few years back the top cop(jody weiss) decided not to record certain situations as homicides ---i e gang related. @+#+just week or so around the hood about 10 people have gotten murked smhthe mexican gangs in my hood require you to catch a body just to be down---and fools turn everyday

This is just not true.

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

Originally Posted by red mpls

Chicago isn't on the list, because there is damn near 10mil 3 million people in the city.. Use your brain, folks. Detroit, though.. Smfhand Flint everyone knows everyone there

This.  These lists and any other such comparisons between cities are based on violent crime rates, which helps control for population differences, not simply numbers of incidents...

brah---every year they record around 600---but its more like 1000-1200

Once again, that's not true.  Every year the city records about 400-500 homicides.  Some deaths might not be counted as homicides when they indeed are.  This number might even be as high as a few dozen, although I seriously doubt it's anywhere near that high.  But to think or assert that CPD is somehow able to misclassify 400-600 murders annually is utterly ridiculous...

Back
Top Bottom