Top 50 Lyricists(The Source Magazine)

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

LOL JAY-Z not being #1

LOL Nas over JAY-Z

Terrible list is terrible. In the illustrious words of JAY-Z himself.... "First debuts a classic first album 4 mics/shoulda got a five but %%$@$@ lacked 4sight" Guess that still holds true today. More reason to continue to write The Source off. Doesnt even matter what the rest of the list looks like, this royal screw up ruins the entire thing.
laugh.gif
@ you being mad about that part of the list and then quoting those lyrics. Illmatic better than Jay's 1st 4 albums. How you gonna be mad when the ppl decide?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 No it wasnt. The quote wasnt limited to RD though, just showing that The Source messed up then and apparently theyre still messing up now, unless Nas' psuedo-intellectual, hypocritical, mish-mash struggle bars are what people consider great nowadays. I couldnt be mad at those people, if anything I feel sorry for them.

Ok Stan, whenever you want to hop off his lap and join the rest of the world, we'll be here...

queen latifah better than big l?!!
laugh.gif

I have no issue with Rakim & Nas 1,2.

You telling me AZ & Cormega aint on there, yet lil wayne & t.i are.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Again, its just opinion.

We're gonna stop actin like Clifford Harris doesn't belong on there tho...

...greatest of all time? Never.

Top 50?

Easily...

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
@ you being mad about that part of the list and then quoting those lyrics. Illmatic better than Jay's 1st 4 albums. How you gonna be mad when the ppl decide?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 No it wasnt. The quote wasnt limited to RD though, just showing that The Source messed up then and apparently theyre still messing up now, unless Nas' psuedo-intellectual, hypocritical, mish-mash struggle bars are what people consider great nowadays. I couldnt be mad at those people, if anything I feel sorry for them.

Ok Stan, whenever you want to hop off his lap and join the rest of the world, we'll be here...

Lmao dude prolly got mad life size jay cardboard cutouts in his room and @%*#

Who turns these lists in with a straight face? Nobody at the magazine like "okay stop." ?

From Lupe at 49, to some of the people that even made this list to begin with, this is just terrible.

List was suspect from the first entry. And I #+*# with 50.

Then again we'll all never agree with any of these lists.

List is never gonna be satisfactory and will always be subjective. No point is gettin' in uproar about it.

Big Daddy at #8 is on point though
smile.gif

List must be old...Half of those rappers could be mentioned in the same sentence as Kendrick Lamar...and Mos Def behind Slick Rick...lol...Really

Lol at this list.

I would love to hear if they actually gave a definition for "Lyricist" before posting the list. 

For the NTeenth time (SWIDT?).....

These lists are never really about lyrics. Rakim is amazing, but he's not the best lyricist in hip-hop. No way.

Edit:

This.
I would love to hear if they actually gave a definition for "Lyricist" before posting the list. 

laugh.gif
@ this list ...

we talking lyricism

32.GZA
31.Kanye West

i actually made it that far b4 i stopped ...

kanye > GZA
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Honestly when I saw Lupe at 49 I just skipped to see who was number 1.

How do I get in contact with the source to let them know how dissatisfied with this?
laugh.gif

I'm kinda serious though.

The Source doesn't really listen to Hip-Hop.

They give people random lists so they could fight over it, while they laugh in their cubicles.

Then wonder how come no one buys their print publication anymore.

Back
Top Bottom