Top 50 Soccer players in the world Vol. Donovan over Ronaldihno?

Originally Posted by parada45

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by parada45

Yo how do Ronaldinho fall of so hard?

Can someone fill me in?
It seemed that at some point he stopped taking care of his body and gained a lot of weight, leading to a decrease in form and fitness. Sometimes last year he looked like he was just standing in the same 10-yard circle on the field the whole game. He played a great game last week in the Champions League, though. 
Thanks dude

Man he was a beast in the 98 and 02 World Cups

Yea he has been in good form lately, has something like 8 or 9 goals on the year for Milan and is up to his trickery again.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

OH and where is Sergio Ramos?

Somewhere reading Clint Dempsey's thank you card for that gift he gave him in the Confederations Cup.

and I stopped reading after this: "16http://Cesc Fabregas"

hamsik is that dude. napoli is a fun team to watch and he is a huge part of that
pimp.gif

same with gourcuff. really wish milan had kept him.

as far as ronaldinho, he is a beast right now. i watch most milan games and he is in amazing form. he has begun running at defenders, something i havent seen him do in about 4 years. he always had his amazing field vision and touch, but he didnt have the fitness level to use his abilities. now that he has regained fitness, he is amazing to watch.i really dont know why dunga hasn't called him up. maybe it's because of the way he and kaka played together last WC as attacking midfielders and he has decided to stick with kaka. dunno though.

oh and to the dude who said ronaldinho was a beast in the 98 world cup, no he wasnt. he made his international debut in 99.

i like Spain but despite how filthy they are, keep in mind that European teams have never won away from European soil.

Originally Posted by wttm

i like Spain but despite how filthy they are, keep in mind that European teams have never won away from European soil.

Well, keep in mind that no nation has ever won a World Cup on African soil, considering how it's the first WC in Africa.

Spain hasn't won a damn thing before 2008, but then they won Euro 2008.

Spain is just so strong and should be taken as contenders. They won every single game in their qualifications. Not a single draw, let alone loss.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by wttm

Well, keep in mind that no nation has ever won a World Cup on African soil, considering how it's the first WC in Africa.

Spain hasn't won a damn thing before 2008, but then they won Euro 2008.

Spain is just so strong and should be taken as contenders. They won every single game in their qualifications. Not a single draw, let alone loss.

Let me rephrase it, no European teams have won in another continent. 

Don't get me wrong, Brazil and Spain are no doubt the favourites. You are absolutely correct that they are the most convincing team throughout qualification and they were also very convincing in dismantling teams at Euro '08, but the WC is a whole different beast and Brazil have proven they can win anywhere, not so much for European teams. 

that, and brazil played very very well in WC qualifying. but qualifiers are not always the best threshold for how well a team will do. brasil was in danger of not qualifying for 02, barely made it in, and were unstoppable once the tournament began.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

that, and brazil played very very well in WC qualifying. but qualifiers are not always the best threshold for how well a team will do. brasil was in danger of not qualifying for 02, barely made it in, and were unstoppable once the tournament began.
Exactly, recent trends in the World Cup show that the favorites don't go on to win it all, a sleeper that's usually plagued with pre-Cup troubles does. The favorite to win the 2002 World Cup was Argentina, they choked in the group stage. Brazil was a sleeper in 2002, they barely qualified and managed to win it all. The favorite to win this last World Cup was Brazil, they didn't pass the quarterfinal round. Italy was the sleeper team plagued by the Calciopoli scandal, ended up winning it all. Mark my words, Spain will choke, the real teams to look out for in my opinion are sleepers like Argentina (Maradona issues, barely qualified), France (Henry handball controversy), and England (Terry/Bridge controversy). Teams like these usually band together around one common goal right before the Cup and end up winning it.

Well at least an American made the list.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ronaldihno > Donovan BTW

I honestly would put Ronaldinho in my top 20 as of right now. He is easily top 3 in serie A this year. No debating that.

I would put Djibril Cisse on that list too.

Dude has been on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sergio Ramos
nerd.gif

Rooney should drop down 2 spots
Eto'o should be higher
Pato
nerd.gif

Ronaldinho
nerd.gif
(He needs to get called up...
smh.gif
)
Puyol should be higher
grin.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Exactly, recent trends in the World Cup show that the favorites don't go on to win it all, a sleeper that's usually plagued with pre-Cup troubles does. The favorite to win the 2002 World Cup was Argentina, they choked in the group stage. Brazil was a sleeper in 2002, they barely qualified and managed to win it all. The favorite to win this last World Cup was Brazil, they didn't pass the quarterfinal round. Italy was the sleeper team plagued by the Calciopoli scandal, ended up winning it all. Mark my words, Spain will choke, the real teams to look out for in my opinion are sleepers like Argentina (Maradona issues, barely qualified), France (Henry handball controversy), and England (Terry/Bridge controversy). Teams like these usually band together around one common goal right before the Cup and end up winning it.
I agree with most of what you said. Looking at the brackets, it looks like either France or England will make it to the semis (if both of them win their groups). If Argentina win their group, they'll go up against a weak Group A runner up before likely meeting Germany again in the QFs.

I'm not liking Spain's chances of winning for 3 reasons:
1. Favorites almost never win the WC.
2. Spain have the most difficult route to the WC-finals. After an easy group stage for them, they'll have to play Brazil/Portugal/Ivory Coast in the round-of-16. If they win, they'll likely have to go through Italy in the QFs. After that, they'll likely have to beat Argentina/Germany in the semis. Then in the finals they'll have another tough team waiting for them. Despite being arguably the best team in the world right now, I think it'd be tough even for them to win 4-straight games against 4 other top-10 teams.
3. The U.S. have showed us how to beat Spain. Pack the middle of the field, try to catch Spain napping on the counter-attack and then hope for a little bit of luck. If a 2nd tier team like the U.S. can beat Spain, then I think one of the elite teams will be able to beat them as well.

I'd love for a new team like Spain to win and end the WC monopoly but it'll be really tough.

I said back in 06 that Brazil or Argentina would win in 2010 due to the fact a European team has never won outside of their continent. I dont think this matters anymore since today's players are more used to playing outside of their continent than ever before. You have clubs that travel to Asia and North America for pre-season preparations. You have clubs traveling to the Middle-East for mid-season breaks. You have European countries traveling to Africa to take part in friendlies. European players are much more comfortable playing anywhere in the world and I think their WC jinx can be broken this year.

Looking at the brackets, I think that Brazil have an easy route to the semis provided that they win their group. Either France/England should make the semis. Then I can see Argentina surprising a lot of people and making it to the semis against Italy/Spain. A lot of people are under-estimating Argentina and I cant blame them thanks to Cokeadonna being clueless. However, I think it'd be a mistake to understimate Argentina's talent. No one in the world has as much attacking depth than these guys (Milito, Tevez, Aguero, Higuian and Messi) and if Maradona can find the right combo then they will be a force to be reckoned with.

You got a point there that players/team are familiar with anywhere with friendlies/pre season fixture but you can't be serious to compare that with playing a whole month there for WC! like i said WC is a whole different beast compared to any other competition (DUH!), i see your point but i don't see that jynx to be broken YET. But i guess if you're good enough then you can play anywhere.

Back to Brazil, we all know that they chill and heat up deeper into the tourney. Let's just hope they don't play down to their competition and bow out before they can turn it up and run away with it.

Oh and how is the weather like in Africa come summer time?

Tevez I agree with everything you said, I don't believe that playing outside of Europe will be a factor in this Cup. The stadiums being built for this Cup are brand new, state of the art facilities that would easily meet the standards of UEFA Elite Stadiums, also the sad fact of the matter is that most of the tickets to the games are going to be sold online at high prices and that kind of prices out the African and South American crowds and will allow for large numbers of European supporters to attend the games. When it comes to Brazil and Argentina, looking at the brackets if Argentina and Brazil both win their groups they would face in the final and that would be a beautiful final given the history between the two. I completely agree with what you said about Argentina, I myself am Argentine so I'm always a little bit biased when it comes to my national team. But honestly, can you blame me given the amount of talent that we constantly export? I mean your screenname is inspired by one of our many star forwards. Maradona is complete idiot and it's a shame that he does not know how to properly field all the talent that he has at hand, he insists on using a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 when the ideal formation for Argentina and Messi is a 4-4-3 with Messi cutting in from the right. In my opinion our ideal squad would look like this.

Higuain
Tevez                                    Messi

Di Maria                               Veron
                   Mascherano

Heinze  Samuel  Demichelis  Zanetti

With all the other competent stars coming off the bench.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]FABIANO[/color] !!! that's whats up...my dude is a beast
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

where's Pato for real?

and uh........

zlatan-ibrahimovic-fc-barcelona.jpg

how is Ibra not on that list though?
indifferent.gif
he's gotta be in the top 20 at least.

Originally Posted by jd2384

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)][/color]how is Ibra not on that list though?
indifferent.gif
List ranks the Top 50 Players in the World Cup, Ibrahimovic is Swedish and Sweden didn't qualify.

Higuain
Tevez                                    Messi

Di Maria                               Veron
                   Mascherano

Heinze  Samuel  Demichelis  Zanetti

With all the other competent stars coming off the bench.
I also think that playing a 4-3-3 is the optimal formation for Argentina given their strengths and weaknesses. Their strength is up front, their weakness is finding a link-up midfielder who can get their attackers the ball.

Cokadonna has his work cut out for him. Messi is a given on the right side, but then who starts at CF? Milito or Higuian? Who starts on the left side? Tevez is more suited playing in the hole behind the CF. If Tevez doesn't get the nod on the left side, then who does?

Who'll play in CM next to Mascherano?

Will Cokadonna come to his senses and bench Hienze?
sick.gif

I think that Cokadonna and Argentine fans have a good idea of who'll make the squad. Cokadonna himself said that 16 of the players have already been contacted. The problem is that no one has a clue as to who'll be starting for the team and in what formation. I dont think Cokadonna has used the same line-up in 2 consecutive matches which is obviously a huge problem. Other than Messi, Mascherano, Zanetti and a few others, the rest of the starting XI is a toss-up.

It's a damn shame that 2 extremely talented teams (France and Argentina) are run by morons.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by jd2384

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)][/color]how is Ibra not on that list though?
indifferent.gif
List ranks the Top 50 Players in the World Cup, Ibrahimovic is Swedish and Sweden didn't qualify.
oh..didn't read that part
laugh.gif

Top 50 players, WC or otherwise, don't airball penalty kicks in championship games, Donovan...

Back
Top Bottom