Top Gear USA -vs- Top Gear BBC (original)

Anyone catch this, and which do you prefer?  Talk back!!!

Hands down the original on BBC America by far.  The Brits' humor is way drier, and prob. could get away with a lil' more 'colorful' language.  The auto challenges on the US version looks like $**@%@# minus the skateboarding and spewing bodily fluids from Steve-O.

Hands down the original on BBC America by far.  The Brits' humor is way drier, and prob. could get away with a lil' more 'colorful' language.  The auto challenges on the US version looks like $**@%@# minus the skateboarding and spewing bodily fluids from Steve-O.

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

I would never watch another version except the original...

And for the record Tanner Foust is soo damn corny and annoying on every other car show i've seen him on...I would never want to watch him on a Top Gear....

The British humor is perfect...it's not stupid and slapstick trying to FORCE you to laugh...There's absolutely nothing about Top Gear UK that needs to change, if you were right, it wouldn't be on season 16 or something and be the most watched car show on the planet...

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

I would never watch another version except the original...

And for the record Tanner Foust is soo damn corny and annoying on every other car show i've seen him on...I would never want to watch him on a Top Gear....

The British humor is perfect...it's not stupid and slapstick trying to FORCE you to laugh...There's absolutely nothing about Top Gear UK that needs to change, if you were right, it wouldn't be on season 16 or something and be the most watched car show on the planet...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i aint even gonna watch it... ill stick with jeremy, hamster, and captain slow...

exactly. There's no reason why they should try to duplicate what's already a perfect car show.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i aint even gonna watch it... ill stick with jeremy, hamster, and captain slow...

exactly. There's no reason why they should try to duplicate what's already a perfect car show.

Is there a place where I could watch the original? I just saw the episode tonight and was entertained.

The original is by far more entertaining

i just caught the american version tonight and i tried giving it a chance..didnt work

The original is by far more entertaining

i just caught the american version tonight and i tried giving it a chance..didnt work

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Is there a place where I could watch the original? I just saw the episode tonight and was entertained.
streetfire.com they have full episodes and a couple seasons of them... pretty good quality too... well to me at least...

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

streetfire.com they have full episodes and a couple seasons of them... pretty good quality too... well to me at least...

oh... please tell me i aint the only one who imitates the english accent after them.... "thats absolutely rubbish" "nowt to 60 in just 4.5 seconds"

oh... please tell me i aint the only one who imitates the english accent after them.... "thats absolutely rubbish" "nowt to 60 in just 4.5 seconds"

laugh.gif
100 thousand quid!

but nah not even gonna watch the america version

i like top gear and i'll watch da american version...but da british accents and pompous attitudes makes that show that much more entertaining.

only thing i skip on da BBC version is da obscure euro celebs they interview....

i like top gear and i'll watch da american version...but da british accents and pompous attitudes makes that show that much more entertaining.

only thing i skip on da BBC version is da obscure euro celebs they interview....

I cant wait for Top gear (UK) season 16.. said that it will start early next year.

Capt.slow facts (alone) > Us top gear

I cant wait for Top gear (UK) season 16.. said that it will start early next year.

Capt.slow facts (alone) > Us top gear

Unlike The Office, this isn't even a debate. Still British The Office > American though.

If you want to discuss something, discuss Top Gear USA vs Fifth Gear..... vs Top Gear Australia.

O.G. Top Gear might be the best TV show ever for me. It managed to do only something that classic movies like Goodfellas did to me: When I'm flipping through the channels and I see it's on, I stop whatever I'm doing to finish watching it.

Back
Top Bottom