Top high school forward flattens defender with dunk, is immediately ejected

Man Idont like where there crazy fouls/penalties are going its gonna get ridiculous. Same thing as that team losing state cause of a fist pump..... St. Thomas is a private catholic school here in Houston, miiiight have something to do with it.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Something is in the water down in Houston.

They are about to take over.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Acting like you've been there before >>>>>>

pimp.gif
Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Something is in the water down in Houston.

They are about to take over.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Acting like you've been there before >>>>>>

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

we got talent down here, some say we have the best '12 recruiting class in the nation, not to mention the Harrison twins coming outta '13

All the underlying racial tension that this situation highlights...
tired.gif
hurts my heart, for real. Why the %@@@ can't we all grow up and get along?

Young fella threw that *#!! down, though...

Ive watched this video a few times now, and I am still trying to figure out the calls. I mean, the first technical was ridiculous. Wheres the taunt? Taunting for staring down the wall? And the second one? A wave/salute to the crowd? What are the rules broken here? Honestly, Im not even convinced it was a charge.

I hate, hate, HATE playing the race card in any aspect of life, but its really hard not to in this situation.

Homie got Grandmama'd on!
eek.gif
x
sick.gif

Ref probably threw him out the game cause that dunk was jus' too nasty to keep that kid in the game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Ive watched this video a few times now, and I am still trying to figure out the calls. I mean, the first technical was ridiculous. Wheres the taunt? Taunting for staring down the wall? And the second one? A wave/salute to the crowd? What are the rules broken here? Honestly, Im not even convinced it was a charge.

I hate, hate, HATE playing the race card in any aspect of life, but its really hard not to in this situation.

This. And..
He deserves to celebrate, it was a nice play. 
pimp.gif

Those comments are disgusting, blatant racism man.. 
30t6p3b.gif

Comments are also saying dunking shouldn't be allowed? Why, cause you can't do it? Like it's not a "fundamental" move, get outta here, just because its a young black kid with great talent smh

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Wait a team lost a state title because of a fist pump... How was that not over ruled.
30t6p3b.gif

Yea it was football though. You can find it on that same site, it wasn't in Texas but none the less TD was taken away, drive stopped, other team drove and won.
The #1 rb was flagged in the semi finals game for slowing down his run and striding into the end zone taking away a Td also. Telling you it's getting bad.

Yo, that kid is a SOPHOMORE?!
eek.gif

He definitely didn't deserve either of those techs, but if I was him I'd be like "+$%+ it"
laugh.gif

Lots of racism in those comments, but I detect a heavy amount of trolling as well

That ref is wack. I feel like refs aren't REAL people when it comes to basketball.  I had one ref the other day tell me not to shoot it after she blows the whistle as i was getting fouled in the act of shooting. Like she was on some power trip.  what the...  Anyways, what real baller ever grows up thinkin "damn, if this basketball thing doesn't work out, I wanna be a ref when I grow up." That ref knows nothing about the game. I can only imagine his friends asking him, "hey how was your game last night?" Him: "not bad. I got ejected for dunking on someone."

I understand they trynna teach the younger hs kids good sportsmanship by penalizing them for showboating, taunting, etc. But can this boy cook for minute? Hot dam!!!

Damn that is beastly from a sophomore
eek.gif

I've watched the video a couple times and I still don't see how that warranted an ejection. I can see a tech for the staring ( I know its tacky but people really are offended by that 
eyes.gif
) but to penalize the salute is crossing the line. I'm not even convinced that was a charge. 

I was an assistant referee for a high school football passing tourney last summer and I can say from experience that parents are way worse then they were in my playing days. If the wind blows to hard they want their kid protected. God forbid their kid throws a pick or gets burned on a route 
indifferent.gif
. I've had games called off because the other team ran up the score, was bigger then the other team 
indifferent.gif
, taunted the other team and a host of other **!#$@%+

But the real problem is the school board or athletic school board. They are the ones that make celebrating illegal, and ensure that their precious kids never get blown out in a game. 

Originally Posted by MattUT

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Wait a team lost a state title because of a fist pump... How was that not over ruled.
30t6p3b.gif

Yea it was football though. You can find it on that same site, it wasn't in Texas but none the less TD was taken away, drive stopped, other team drove and won.
The #1 rb was flagged in the semi finals game for slowing down his run and striding into the end zone taking away a Td also. Telling you it's getting bad.

As soon as I read football I immediately knew it wasn't Texas, the ref would've gotten changed down there had that been the case.  Like wouldn't have made it to his car.  Footballs a religion down there
laugh.gif

But it's a damn shame these kids work hard as hell and someone not playing take it all away. That just disgust me.

He gave the kid a tech for staring into the goal post, he didn't look down at the kid he dunked on once, NOT ONCE. So I'm confused as to how he taunted the opposing player. I stopped coaching middle school because I had a ref tell me that if my player didn't come apologize to him for telling him he didn't commit a foul that he would eject him the next time he looked at him.  Like seriously... They have too much power.

Back
Top Bottom