Top NYC shops and boutiques?

I'm going out to New York next week to play some music, and I'm trying to find a few sneaker spots that I should check out in my 4 days. Any ideasor must sees?

Thanks

Alife Rivington, Transit NYC, Michael K., Training Camp, Dr. Jay's on 34th St, Foot Locker and Foot Action on 34th St only, Clientele, Niketown, andDave's Quality Meat's are the best for kicks you wouldn't normally find in any regular store, while others like Foot Locker (anywhere else but34th), Champs, David Z, Journey's, and other smaller stores will have sneakers that are more gerneral releases that can be found nearly anywhere.

Haven't been to dave's and alife in a while...they usually have good stuff...clientele has falled off big time...use to be my spot in thestash....don't really have much of a selection....fcny of course if u got gwop....don't forget to go to goliath I was there this past weekend they gota lot of new stuff in including kicks, gear and fitteds....nice selection...also the vault is a good look too...

Alife is the most unique spot imo but it's prolly gonna be hard for u to find at first....hit up Dave's Quality Meat too.....Union if u wantclothes.......and my fav spot Uniqlo, its not a boutique but they have a lot of clothes in there.

some other spots are Recon/Nort, Reedspace (close to Alife), Clientele, and...Supreme.

I woulda def said Stussy but they closed down

I dont kno how you guys like alife so much, i respect their "tier 0ness" but for an outsider or someone that hasnt seen it all, this might be a bitof a boring and bland store. For a larger selection and view i would recommend:
flight club
recon/nort
house of hoops and atmos in harlem are a must
Transits got a nice QS account
training camp is ok
nike sportswear on Mercer is a nice new entity to Ny

Obv. there are many more but personally from a visitors perspective, i would want to see the larger scale shops and boutiques, and save small scale stores likealife for a different occasion. Its pretty easy to make it by alife though if you are down there, and it makes sense cause Reed space, alife, DQM, and nort areall right there

I worked at training camp on 41st and 6th they get a lot of good stuff ....... Their just a little late sometimes....I already got my eggplant foamsreserved......also Goliath in Harlem has great sales just picked up some air max 1s for 30 bucks

It really depends on what type of Sneaker you are looking for.
Do you want Basketball kicks/Sk8 kicks/Running...etc.
Every spot specializes in different things.

I dunno why that atmos on 125th is still open...that store had so much promise...and jus fell of the face of the earth.....it has a couple nice clothing itemsbut other than that...
smh.gif
....if u gonna go to HoH then u can look in there as well but that store needs to be closed...and turned into something...I dunno butsomething....

DQM and Reed Space are a must.

Maybe since you'll be in the city you wanna hit up the hyped up spots like Flight Club, Supreme, Kidrobot.. just to say you've been to them..

Originally Posted by bulldog206

What is your favorite spot? Which is the most unique as a shop itself?
Personally, my favorite spot for SNEAKERS are Training Camp and Michael K. They have a good amount of sneaker selections to sink your teeth intoand are reasonably priced close to retail. And you can even find some deals in there for kicks they are trying to get rid of to make room for stock. Plus youcan bargain with them on the price for most of their items (sneakers and clothes). Transit is under the same umbrella as Michael K. so you can usually hit upone or the other and not both, unless you're looking for a size...and even with that, threy will send someone to the other store to get it for you.

Reedspace is a cool spot for culture related items such as books and accessories, but is NOT good if you're looking for sneakers. They have literally like10-15 sneakers in that store.

Alife is definitely a great store for more exclusive sneakers, and is the best out of the bunch for exclusives AND selection. Clientele and Dave's QualityMeats have a siginficantly smaller selection.

Nort/Recon is another good store that has sneakers and clothing that is worth checking out.

However, strictly speaking from your question on SNEAKER SPOTS, meaning a place to look for sneakers, I think Training camp and Michael K. are tops. Now ifyou're looking for clothing, accessories, skateboards, etc., combined with sneakers, then my answer would change a bit.

Originally Posted by you go boy

VIM is a good spot to check out too cuz they got mad deals in there for kix
I agree plus check out DR JAYS
I got the olympic 1's for $65

my favorite spots:

- vault and goliath for their sales and friendly attitude.
- classic kicks for their nikes and for having one of the best selections of vans vault in town.
- nort recon.
- vinnie's styles in brooklyn.
- boundless in brooklyn.
- transit because they have some pretty good sales.

Back
Top Bottom