Top Party Schools 2014-15: Syracuse University Named No. 1 By Princeton Review

My alma mater #1 :pimp:

Top Party Schools 2014-15: Syracuse University Named No. 1 By Princeton Review
The Huffington Post | By Tyler Kingkade

Posted: 08/04/2014 12:44 pm EDT Updated: 08/05/2014 4:59 pm EDT

A new champion has been crowned the top party school in the nation: Syracuse University.

Breaking the long-standing tradition of large state schools being named the biggest party schools, Syracuse, a private university in New York, took the No. 1 slot in Princeton Review's annual rankings released Monday.

Syracuse moved up from No. 5 last year, dethroning the University of Iowa, which took the runner-up slot. University of California-Santa Barbara moved to No. 3, and West Virginia University held on to fourth place.

Syracuse might be pretty far north, stuck in the cold for most of the school year, but with a strong basketball team and heated rivalries there are plenty of excuses for students to party during the bitter winter.

Iowa held on to a high ranking following their first time on top in a year that featured a viral sensation around "Vodka Samm." WVU, home of celebratory couch burning, fell even further from their No. 1 ranking in 2012 despite their best efforts.

UCSB also defeated some of the dominance by colleges in colder areas from the top of the Princeton Review party school ranking by holding on to its second place position.

The party school ranking and each of the 61 other Princeton Review lists are based on survey responses of 130,000 students at the schools. The party and sober school rankings are influenced by student answers to questions concerning the use of alcohol and drugs on their campuses, the number of hours they study each day and the popularity of the fraternity and sorority scene on campus.

Princeton Review published the lists Monday in conjunction with the release of its annual guide, "The Best 379 Colleges - 2015 Edition."

See the Princeton Review's top 12 party schools for 2014-15 in the list below:

12. Florida State University
View media item 1117958
11. Miami University (Ohio)
View media item 1117957
10. University of Florida
View media item 1117956
9. Bucknell University
View media item 1117955
8. University of Wisconsin - Madison
View media item 1117954
7. Penn State University
View media item 1117953
6. Lehigh University
View media item 1117952
5. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
View media item 1117951
4. West Virginia University
View media item 1117950
3. University of California-Santa Barbara
View media item 1117949
2. University of Iowa
View media item 1117948
1. Syracuse University
View media item 1117945

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/04/top-party-schools-2015-princeton-review_n_5647885.html

surprised UMD didn't make the list...they gets down, well at least when ever i visited i always found something going on

i miss the excuse to drink cheap beer...when i order PBR (or Boh in MD, or Old Style in Chicago) instead of some $6 microbrew people look at me sideways, and even more sideways when i say i prefer it

Last edited:
How did Ohio University not make the list smh they were number 1 when I was a freshman in 09

I wish I could Of went to UF all the time

madison :pimp:, and :smh: at how many people drown. campus sits right in between 2 lakes.

Last edited:
Personally not something to wear with pride. I like the statement Chancellor Syverud released. He wasn't pompous, but realized that drug and alcohol usage isn't something to boast about. Don't get me wrong, I partied, but you don't want your school to be known for that. I knew people that went to UW and paid out of state tuition strictly for the parties.

Last edited:
I know the girl in the Penn State pic. Graduated in the College of Engineering a year before me.

Surprised PSU is even still on these lists tbh. Administration has taken a conscious effort to get rid of it.

Tailgating at Iowa football games is absurd.
laugh.gif
Big 10 football is no joke when it comes to tailgating. Most of the schools are in the middle of nowhere so it's perfect for people in the entire state to gather there on weekends.

Fun fact. State College, PA becomes the most populated city in PA during football Saturday.

What happened to ASU? I thought they were pretty high up there before... 

Whatevs...

Go UNLV Rebels! Scarlet and Gray Everyday! Vegas Strip in the backyard, we know how to play.

O Yeah forgot I'm looking to into Drexel University. So may have to hit up some parties at Penn State.

Also not surprised that 'cuse is #1. This girl I knew from high school went there. Came back home the biggest ****. Stories of her getting Eiffel Towered for some coke. Participating in mini bukkake sessions.

Back
Top Bottom