Top Producers. Vol. Where does RZA belong?

1. how is shawty redd anywhere near an all time top 5? and more importantly, how is this dude better than rza in anyway? has shawty redd made a classic albumby himself or pioneered any type of sound?
2. yeah, i've heard ye and bink acknowledge rza (vaguely) but my problem is more with just blaze than the other 2. dude spent his entire career soundingstraight from rza's nuts but i never really hear him mention rza.

mossman75 wrote:
Originally Posted by Korean Dave

Originally Posted by THE GR8

1. Premo
2. RZA
3. Dre
4. Pete Rock J Dilla
5. Ye

Fixed
No

Pete Rock>>>Dilla

Dilla's work on Pharcyde's Labcabincalifornia and Tribe Called Quest's Beats Rhymes and Life alone makes him >>> Pete Rock.Not to mention Slum Village's Volume. 2
pimp.gif
Don't get mewrong, Pete Rock was a great producer but he never had the artistic direction or the craftmanship of Jay Dee.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

1. how is shawty redd anywhere near an all time top 5? and more importantly, how is this dude better than rza in anyway? has shawty redd made a classic album by himself or pioneered any type of sound?
Yes he has pioneered a sound and he didnt need samples to do it. Top 5 maybe not but as far as talent goes creating a beat from scratch Redd >RZA.

Top 10 producer but THE most unique for sure. I was gonna make a thread about this the other day, cause I really feel like there are no producers as unique asthe Rza.

mossman75 wrote:

1. Premo
2. RZA
3. Dre
4. Pete Rock J Dilla
5. Ye

Fixed
No

Pete Rock>>>Dilla

Dilla's work on Pharcyde's Labcabincalifornia and Tribe Called Quest's Beats Rhymes and Life alone makes him >>> Pete Rock. Not to mention Slum Village's Volume. 2
pimp.gif
Don't get me wrong, Pete Rock was a great producer but he never had the artistic direction or the craftmanship of Jay Dee.
I like Dilla a lot more than Pete Rock, and I wouldn't call myself a Pete Rock fan, but he's a better producer than Dilla.
I think Preme and Pete Rock are the top two, and I lean towards Preme being #1, but either order is fine with me.
RZA to me is 3rd.
I can't even choose after that.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

A couple things I laughed at...
laugh.gif
You're buying way to much into the J Dilla hype (Not to say the hype isn't deserved)

Hype? No hype, just good music. I've been a follower of his music since way before he died. Something many can't say. Pete Rock was the dude, but Icant say that he has ever appealed to me as Dilla has. And unlike many NT'ers, I came from the Pete Rock generation.

Easily Top 5, but I really don't think any producer could ever be good enough for long enough to pass Premo at the top of my list....

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Top 10 producer but THE most unique for sure. I was gonna make a thread about this the other day, cause I really feel like there are no producers as unique as the Rza.

indifferent.gif
No.

and
indifferent.gif
@ calling Kanye top 5. He's top 50.

Another producer I don't (actually, never) seen mentioned on this site: Paul C

How y'all feel about him ?

SHAWTY REDD

CHANGED THE SOUTHERN BEAT GAME AFTER 101 DROP

DOWN TO THE ARPS & SNYTHS

TO THE 808 BOOOMING LIKE EVER HEARD BEFORE

EVEN WHEN HE DID

' LEFT LEFT LEFT RIGHT LEFT "

BACK WHEN HE WAS 16

THE SNARE ROLL PATTERN IS THE FIRST EVER

NOW EVER SOUTHERN BEAT NOW HAS IT

JAY-Z TOLD HIM HE WAS FUTURE BACK WHEN HE WAS 16 LOL

DONT SLEEP SHAWTY REDD IS A MONSTER ....103 >>>

CAUSE BE REAL EVERY BODY SOUTHERN BEAT WAS SOUNDING LIKE LIL'JON

NOW AFTER 101' LIL JON BEATS IS
eyes.gif

EVEN LIL' JON GOT SHAWTY REDD PRODUCING FOR HIM
pimp.gif

HE SET THE STANDARD TO SOUTHERN BEATS NOW ..POINT PLANK PERIOD

Top hip-hop "beat makers"?...

RZA is hard to gauge. He's hit all-time highs and lows production wise throughout his career.

Overall, he's undeniably top 10 of all-time. But if you cut out all of the weird, spaced out C-Z grade beats he's done and just measure him buy all ofhis high quality stuff vs everyone elses, in my opinion he's top 5 all-time.

In no order:

Timbaland
DJ Premier
The Hitmen (Bad Boy's production team in the 90's)
RZA
Organized Noize

mossman75 wrote:

1. Premo
2. RZA
3. Dre
4. Pete Rock J Dilla
5. Ye

Fixed
No

Pete Rock>>>Dilla

Dilla's work on Pharcyde's Labcabincalifornia and Tribe Called Quest's Beats Rhymes and Life alone makes him >>> Pete Rock. Not to mention Slum Village's Volume. 2
pimp.gif
Don't get me wrong, Pete Rock was a great producer but he never had the artistic direction or the craftmanship of Jay Dee.

I respect your opinion but Dilla hasn't done anything close to Mecca and the soul brother, Pete Rock just has too many classic beats for him to competewith

^So 1 beat ruins the rest of RZA's catalog, really?

He's number 1 to me as far as hip-hop goes, Premo in a VERY close 2nd.

Originally Posted by zube42

^So 1 beat ruins the rest of RZA's catalog, really?

He's number 1 to me as far as hip-hop goes, Premo in a VERY close 2nd.
I Said "It's hard for me to like RZA"
That beat and Bobby Digital
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

After hearing this beat It's hard for me to like RZA..... anyone who can spit on it is
pimp.gif

but that beat
alien.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

I may be in the MINORITY, but I always liked that track.

And rapping to that beat is the same as rapping with a metronome...
wink.gif

RZA is DOPE wthe production, Kills eveything he does..Just look at the Kill Bill %+!*

Zaytoven is my ishhh tho
smokin.gif

Hardest producer in the game righ now IMO

After hearing this beat It's hard for me to like RZA..... anyone who can spit on it is
pimp.gif

but that beat
alien.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

um...i own this album and rza's not credited as the producer for this so there goes your argument.

pimp.gif

but that beat
alien.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

um...i own this album and rza's not credited as the producer for this so there goes your argument.

If you own it then you should already know that the tracklisting is incorrect and this song isn't even listed to be on the album...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Top hip-hop "beat makers"?...

RZA is hard to gauge. He's hit all-time highs and lows production wise throughout his career.

Overall, he's undeniably top 10 of all-time. But if you cut out all of the weird, spaced out C-Z grade beats he's done and just measure him buy all of his high quality stuff vs everyone elses, in my opinion he's top 5 all-time.

In no order:

Timbaland
DJ Premier
The Hitmen (Bad Boy's production team in the 90's)
RZA
Organized Noize
YO! Organized Noize gets no love on NT...

I can't really argue with anyone's list on here..but first names that come up to my mind when I seen Top Producers were...in no particular order Iguess...

Dilla
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Premo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ye'
Dre
Rza

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

pimp.gif

but that beat
alien.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

If you own it then you should already know that the tracklisting is incorrect and this song isn't even listed to be on the album...
wink.gif

GOOD LORD WAT IS THAT NOSE ...
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom