[| -- (Toronto) D-R-A-K-E LIVE In Concert Wed May 13th @ The Sound Academy -- |]

FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR TICKETS WE ARE SELLING THEM AT THE FLAGSHIP LOCATION ON RICHMOND WEST, COST IS $40 JUST ASK ANY OF THEM EMPLOYEES THERE ABOUT THEM.

^
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BOTH GOODFOOT AND RANSOM ARE SOLD OUT OF TICKETS FOR DRAKE'S CONCERT TOMORROW EVENING.

TICKETMASTER WOULD BE ANOTHER OPTION FOR PEOPLE STILL LOOKING.

Drake is suppose to hit the stage @ 9:30 from what he said to my dudes last night.

The Special Guest is Bun B of UGK if you love Hip Hop and don't understand how important that is then you seriouslyhave problems, UGK or Bun as a solo artist to my knowledge have NEVER been to Toronto so for his debut to bewith a Local MC is pretty nuts.

it was such a surprise to see Bun B out there tonight.
he came out to do his verse for Uptown.
i was tellin my dudes on how big this is for our city.

overall, it was a good concert. quite short as predicted.
also had a Page cameo for 'still fly'
getting out that parking lot was a b*tch

For some reason I'm not tired so this is my review of tonight with some memory.

Tonight's Show will not be matched just because of the setup, and Drake treated it like an Arena show, big lights, TV's all over the venue showing himon stage etc.

The show was sold out and packed like heck, I met Women who travelled from Detroit and Buffalo just for tonight.

He performed at least 20 or so songs, I don't remember the order but he did

Congratulations (is what he came out to)
Successful
Say You Will
City Is Mine
Uptown
Unstoppable
Every Girl
Man Of The Year
I'm Goin In
Friends With Money
Money To Blow
Ransom
Brand New
Best I Ever Had
Bria's Interlude
The Calm
November 18th
HoustonAtlantaVegas
Still Fly

He really made an effort to mixup his old material with his current material, I guess it being the home crowd he felt comfortable doing that as oppose to onthe road in the U.S. The first 2 tracks he started with to my memory was "Congratulations","Unstoppable" he then did a quick set/tribute to Lil' Wayne which included "Cannon", "GoDJ", "Pop Bottles" and 1 more track. Whatever that track was had the word Uptown in it so it was a segway to "Uptown", now 85% of the crowd didn't know about Bun B so when he came out the place when BANANAS that was probablythe loudest part.

Back to "Uptown" the way the stage was setup when Bun came out Drake was elevated in front of the DJ Booth soBun had the main floor with the crowd reacting in a riot. So dude was elevated on a platform on some King Of The City type $+!% while Bun was going back andforth on the stage doing his verse. My problem here was if your going to fly Bun B into the country have him perform more songs. That was it after Bun'sverse was done he went backstage. Drake then mentioned something about a Toronto Anthem so right when the beat dropped it was "Still Fly" shockingly Big Page came out and did his verse (Drake also did his firstverse from the freestyle) there's been things behind the scenes going on but I guess it's resolved because he was there. Drake mentioned to"give it up for Big Page" dude got 2 claps from that sold out crowd.

This was where it fell off....

He went into his R&B set for the ladies playing "Rockin' That Thing", "Birthday Sex","Feeling On Your Booty" which lead into "HoustonAtlantaVegas"...... the best part of theshow was when he went on his "Kanye $+!%" as he told the crowd. He had a mic with the Voicoder (sp) Ye's "Say You Will" dropped but hedid a completely new freestyle over the beat I don't remember it but whatever he did the crowd kept going nuts by the lines.....Actually one line hementioned something about Blackberry's in his hand and spitting lines the wordplay he used though was clever and the crowd went nuts when he said it. Hecontinued to do all the R&B slow tracks from So Far Gone but then mentioned he wanted something for the clubs and that Toronto is the Best City which wentinto "Best I Ever Had" when he finsihed that he said he's going to help all the dudes in the Venue get(()) tonight before his ends this off, the song that followed was "Every Girl".

When that was done he left the stage indicating the night was over so people started leaving so beat traffic, a good 30% of the people left but like a good 10minutes after he came back out and this was when he went straight into his older stuff/street orientated tracks like "ManOf The Year", "City Is Mine", "Friends With Money", "Money To Blow", "Ransom" "I'm GoinIn"all back to back to back. I think he ended off with "Brand New" x "Bria'sInterlude" and shouted out Omarion.

I'm probably missing about 2-3 more songs and that other freestyle overall I'd give the show a 3/5 the ideasand the vision that you can see he wanted to give was great and you can see his came up with a great setup and ideas but the execution was weak and I'm sorry his DJ Future The Prince is terrible. Dude had no mixing skills and was using the fader in and out the wholenight to get "Crowd Participation" in on the songs but DJ's will know you can't be using that $+!% on a song for EVERY OTHER WORD, he lost alot of the crowd when doing that. I hope dude drops his DJ. I've always held back saying $+!% but it is what it is, it's no hate it's just Drakehas had the opportunity to team up with better qualified DJ's and the dude he has isn't it. He def rapped more and didn't let the crowd do thesongs.

If one thing this show proved he automatically is running $+!% here AND that his U.S. fanbase is 100x bigger at shows then here. Yes thecrowd was into the show here but when looking at the videos of his U.S. Shows the crowds were not only into it but OBSSESED and I think that kind of shocked Drake which lead to him letting the crowd do all the songs for him. Here in Toronto hedid the work and I liked that.

AS FOR PICS AND VIDEOS - I have none reason being even though I had VIP Access by time we gotthere Security and The List handlers *!*$@@ up so lots of people had to wait for a good hour outside until one of the OVO guys came and got us. Because of thatgetting to the stage was impossible so a lot of the "Industry People" and friends of Drake were mainly in the back for the show and watched fromthere. I'm a pretty humble dude and situations like that people who gass themselves up will hound cats to get them on stage and $+!% I just didn't wantto bother cats and played my role, I didn't pay so I'm appreciative of that happening in the 1st place.

There was an Afterparty @ C-Lounge for the locals it was packed but more hood %#@+$@ and just meh,Drake x Bun B x OVO an Crew came in for 2 mins and left. At that time Drake and the guys hit us up and told us to come through to his Private Friends & Family Dinner at this Secret Location. That was probably the best part of the night because it was about30-40 cats in the Restaurant more intimate and we all just chilled with Drizzy, Bun B and the rest of the crew. It was also Cortez Bryant's (CEO of YoungMoney) Birthday so all of that was celebrated at once. Stayed there until almost 3am then we all left and went out ways.

Drake covered the bill for everyone at the Dinner and this was an expensive *!@ Italian Restaurant.
laugh.gif

Dam this dude stays getting treated to good %%%%
pimp.gif
but you deserve it foralways keepin us up to date with everythin

Back
Top Bottom