Toy Story Question Vol. Where Is Andy's Father?

Someone asked me about this earlier tonight, so I'd thought I would bring it up for discussion here. What's everyone's take on this? Divorced? Deceased? Military? Traveling for work? Or could both Andy and Molly actually be adopted, hence the single parent household? This has been on my mind ever since so it'd be interesting to see what people think. Andy appears to be a very happy/stable kid, so I would probably rule divorce out. Possibly his father passing away when he was too young to remember. It's just strange that he's not even mentioned at all even in the slightest during the three films. 

Someone asked me about this earlier tonight, so I'd thought I would bring it up for discussion here. What's everyone's take on this? Divorced? Deceased? Military? Traveling for work? Or could both Andy and Molly actually be adopted, hence the single parent household? This has been on my mind ever since so it'd be interesting to see what people think. Andy appears to be a very happy/stable kid, so I would probably rule divorce out. Possibly his father passing away when he was too young to remember. It's just strange that he's not even mentioned at all even in the slightest during the three films. 

All disney movies are like that. Theres always a parent missing, but it's different with this one since there was never a reference to him in any of the movies. *shrugs*

All disney movies are like that. Theres always a parent missing, but it's different with this one since there was never a reference to him in any of the movies. *shrugs*

They never mention it or bring it up, doesn't really matter for the story.

It's not that strange, Disney/Pixar like to show unconventional families for a changing society, they don't need the dad in the stories because it's not central to the plots or themes.

It's not that strange, Disney/Pixar like to show unconventional families for a changing society, they don't need the dad in the stories because it's not central to the plots or themes.

Interesting point..never really thought about it

And going with what MikeTyson said, that does make sense for them to make the movies like that
so i guess kids out there with a single parent dont feel left out when watching these movies..Hmm i applaud Disney
for that

Interesting point..never really thought about it

And going with what MikeTyson said, that does make sense for them to make the movies like that
so i guess kids out there with a single parent dont feel left out when watching these movies..Hmm i applaud Disney
for that

Originally Posted by Big J 33

They don't need a father figure, but it's interesting to explore nonetheless.
Unfortunately, I'm sure you'd agree with me when I say we can at the very
least appreciate the authenticity of a child's movie. It's not just fairy tales
anymore.

They don't need a father figure, but it's interesting to explore nonetheless.
Unfortunately, I'm sure you'd agree with me when I say we can at the very
least appreciate the authenticity of a child's movie. It's not just fairy tales
anymore.

OK Brainstrom.

Woody is a toy from the 30s or 40s and a Family hamidown toy. So Grandfather gave woody to his father who gave it to Andy. If this was a case of daddy not being there Andy would have never gotten that toy. I'm gonna assume Andys dad is dead.

OK Brainstrom.

Woody is a toy from the 30s or 40s and a Family hamidown toy. So Grandfather gave woody to his father who gave it to Andy. If this was a case of daddy not being there Andy would have never gotten that toy. I'm gonna assume Andys dad is dead.

By "strange" I'm just saying it's never mentioned/implied, whereas in most other movies there is at least a quick reference. I mean if they really wanted to, it could actually be key to show why Andy's so close with Woody through all of these years. Maybe Woody was a hand-me down from his father who passed away while he was a baby. Maybe Woody helped distract him from the divorce of his parents. I know these scenarios would be too much for a movie marketed for children, but it would have been interesting to know a little more about the human characters in the films as well.

Come on NT, I'm counting on y'all for some funny answers.
GET CREATIVE !!!
smile.gif

By "strange" I'm just saying it's never mentioned/implied, whereas in most other movies there is at least a quick reference. I mean if they really wanted to, it could actually be key to show why Andy's so close with Woody through all of these years. Maybe Woody was a hand-me down from his father who passed away while he was a baby. Maybe Woody helped distract him from the divorce of his parents. I know these scenarios would be too much for a movie marketed for children, but it would have been interesting to know a little more about the human characters in the films as well.

That question came to my mind as well. I wonder if they will ever make a reference to him in any way shape or form..

That question came to my mind as well. I wonder if they will ever make a reference to him in any way shape or form..

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

OK Brainstrom.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sounds like a word Pootie Tang would use.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

OK Brainstrom.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sounds like a word Pootie Tang would use.

Back
Top Bottom