Toyota Altis or Honda Jazz?

Hey Niketalkers, I just want to get the opinion of people on a non-automotive forum
happy.gif

I'll be getting myself my first self-acquired car next month, so I don't want to mess this up, and I'm torn between the two. The top of the line 1.5V Jazz has paddle shifters, looks better and is all that. However, it costs 842k, exclusive of insurance, chattel mortgage and LTO fees. 

Toyota on the other hand, just came out with the new Corolla Altis. I'm looking at the 1.6G M/T version, either on the new one they will be selling starting this month, or on the old/current one, the one we currently see all over the metro. The old one costs 833k, with about 50k in discounts from the SRP, plus free insurance, chattel and LTO. It's kind of absurd to see that a Corolla Altis is cheaper than a Honda Jazz. Haha. I'm not too crazy about how it looks but it's presentable, formal, bigger, and is hella cheap.

Which would you guys pick? Any experience on any of the two cars? Thanks NT!

Hey Niketalkers, I just want to get the opinion of people on a non-automotive forum
happy.gif

I'll be getting myself my first self-acquired car next month, so I don't want to mess this up, and I'm torn between the two. The top of the line 1.5V Jazz has paddle shifters, looks better and is all that. However, it costs 842k, exclusive of insurance, chattel mortgage and LTO fees. 

Toyota on the other hand, just came out with the new Corolla Altis. I'm looking at the 1.6G M/T version, either on the new one they will be selling starting this month, or on the old/current one, the one we currently see all over the metro. The old one costs 833k, with about 50k in discounts from the SRP, plus free insurance, chattel and LTO. It's kind of absurd to see that a Corolla Altis is cheaper than a Honda Jazz. Haha. I'm not too crazy about how it looks but it's presentable, formal, bigger, and is hella cheap.

Which would you guys pick? Any experience on any of the two cars? Thanks NT!

^That is actually my original choice. I fell in love with it the moment I sat inside one last year. I think this is a case of going with the one I really like that's expensive, or something that's "pwede na" and is really affordable. Gulo. Haha.

^That is actually my original choice. I fell in love with it the moment I sat inside one last year. I think this is a case of going with the one I really like that's expensive, or something that's "pwede na" and is really affordable. Gulo. Haha.

Jazz... Big inside for people and cargo, small outside for ease of parking. TONS of accessories for it, etc. Honda reliability, and you'll never see it as a taxi. You can't lose with either choice, but the design and reviews favor the Honda. I just think it stands out more so I give the nod to the Jazz.

Bottom line, if the difference isn't say, 150k, then just go with what you want. Because any material thing is only as good as how happy it makes you. And if you buy something that you're not ecstatic about, you'll only be counting the days until you can switch to something that you really want.

Jazz... Big inside for people and cargo, small outside for ease of parking. TONS of accessories for it, etc. Honda reliability, and you'll never see it as a taxi. You can't lose with either choice, but the design and reviews favor the Honda. I just think it stands out more so I give the nod to the Jazz.

Bottom line, if the difference isn't say, 150k, then just go with what you want. Because any material thing is only as good as how happy it makes you. And if you buy something that you're not ecstatic about, you'll only be counting the days until you can switch to something that you really want.

ill pick the corolla altis. its bigger , and looks good too . oks din naman jazz. pero for me mas gusto ko bigger car

ill pick the corolla altis. its bigger , and looks good too . oks din naman jazz. pero for me mas gusto ko bigger car

The Jazz is okay but the kind of roads especially HUMPS we have here will murder your underchassis cause of its low ride.

The Altis is also a good choice cause like you said it's roomier and more value for money.

BTW, Ian is that you!?!? Hahaha.

The Jazz is okay but the kind of roads especially HUMPS we have here will murder your underchassis cause of its low ride.

The Altis is also a good choice cause like you said it's roomier and more value for money.

BTW, Ian is that you!?!? Hahaha.

@PsychShrink Good point.
happy.gif

@blacksapatos +1 on the Altis then!
@sadikmac Mac?? Nagkita na naman tayo dito! Haha. I posted this question on Philmug as well, among others.
smile.gif
) As of now, almost everyone picks the Jazz!

Now I've been thinking, maybe a comparison between the 1.3s M/T Honda Jazz vs the Altis 1.6G would be a better comparison, since they'll be at the same pricepoint after discounts. Para fair comparison. If you were to pick, will you guys still be making the same choice? I currently drive an '08 vios, if that matters.

@PsychShrink Good point.
happy.gif

@blacksapatos +1 on the Altis then!
@sadikmac Mac?? Nagkita na naman tayo dito! Haha. I posted this question on Philmug as well, among others.
smile.gif
) As of now, almost everyone picks the Jazz!

Now I've been thinking, maybe a comparison between the 1.3s M/T Honda Jazz vs the Altis 1.6G would be a better comparison, since they'll be at the same pricepoint after discounts. Para fair comparison. If you were to pick, will you guys still be making the same choice? I currently drive an '08 vios, if that matters.

save the money and get something else.. 
smokin.gif
 lexus *cough* is200 *cough*.. 
seriously, comparing the altis and jazz is like orange and apples. different car class, engine displacement, market segment, etc.. 

if those 2 are your only options, pick the one that your heart truly desires! you cant go wrong with either of them.. Congrats in advance on your purchase! 

anyway, what's wrong with your vios? more cars mean more costs! 
frown.gif

save the money and get something else.. 
smokin.gif
 lexus *cough* is200 *cough*.. 
seriously, comparing the altis and jazz is like orange and apples. different car class, engine displacement, market segment, etc.. 

if those 2 are your only options, pick the one that your heart truly desires! you cant go wrong with either of them.. Congrats in advance on your purchase! 

anyway, what's wrong with your vios? more cars mean more costs! 
frown.gif

@lmns2 Haha! I'll stick with the basic cars for the meantime. And yes, after much research it boils down to those two. It just feels weird spending more for a Honda Jazz than a Toyota Altis. And from the point of view of older relatives (titos/30+ year old cousins and my mom), the Altis is a no-brainer. They give me the are-you-serious? look when I tell them that I'm picking between a Honda Jazz and an Altis. Haha!

The Vios is a shared car between me and my mom and I helped pay for it. Thing is, she's been paying for repairs lately so I feel like she kind of owns a bigger chunk of the car now. I don't want to be a burden adding to the wear and tear of the car as I use it from time to time. Independence na rin of some sort.
smile.gif

@lmns2 Haha! I'll stick with the basic cars for the meantime. And yes, after much research it boils down to those two. It just feels weird spending more for a Honda Jazz than a Toyota Altis. And from the point of view of older relatives (titos/30+ year old cousins and my mom), the Altis is a no-brainer. They give me the are-you-serious? look when I tell them that I'm picking between a Honda Jazz and an Altis. Haha!

The Vios is a shared car between me and my mom and I helped pay for it. Thing is, she's been paying for repairs lately so I feel like she kind of owns a bigger chunk of the car now. I don't want to be a burden adding to the wear and tear of the car as I use it from time to time. Independence na rin of some sort.
smile.gif

if you're the type of driver who wants a sporty feel without compromising the fundamentals of a car. the JAZZ is the perfect car.  the 1.5v i think has better value for money compared to the 1.6mt of the Altis since you're getting paddle shifters and need i not say a far more superior engine than the aging 1.6 of the Altis.  Steering wheel feel is awesome in the Jazz and it's deceivingly roomy as well.  The one thing you have to consider on the Jazz is that the suspension is set up quite stiffly to accommodate a more spirited drive while the Altis has a smoother and softer ride.

Back
Top Bottom