Toyota vs Honda vs Nissan? Most Reliable brand, looking to eventually get a new car.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I dont plan on buying a new car, its just the body styles from those brands that I liked were primarily from 06-10 and a 06 whip with 100k miles sounds kind of
sick.gif
, and all so I didnt want a car that was 10 years old honestly. Like I said if I can find someting with a nice spacious body for under 10k its a wrap.
Oh makes sense. Yeah look into Acuras as well as used Lexus. Both are pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist and are solid luxury cars. I'd normally recommend the Honda Civic but you said you wanted a spacious car, so the Camry or the Accord is probably the best one. Just watch out for the 08-09 models, I believe those were the ones with the faulty brake issues. Of course they fixed it, but if you're paranoid, you can avoid those.

I dont plan on buying a new car, its just the body styles from those brands that I liked were primarily from 06-10 and a 06 whip with 100k miles sounds kind of
sick.gif
, and all so I didnt want a car that was 10 years old honestly. Like I said if I can find someting with a nice spacious body for under 10k its a wrap.
Oh makes sense. Yeah look into Acuras as well as used Lexus. Both are pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist and are solid luxury cars. I'd normally recommend the Honda Civic but you said you wanted a spacious car, so the Camry or the Accord is probably the best one. Just watch out for the 08-09 models, I believe those were the ones with the faulty brake issues. Of course they fixed it, but if you're paranoid, you can avoid those.

Originally Posted by scshift

sick.gif

My only gripe with Luxury cars is the cost of maintenance. my roomate has I wanna say an 06 ES300, looks really good, prob has like 100k or so miles. Honestly Acuras just never really appealed to me, II've seen a few that do look nice, might have been TLs but they look funny to me

Originally Posted by scshift

sick.gif

My only gripe with Luxury cars is the cost of maintenance. my roomate has I wanna say an 06 ES300, looks really good, prob has like 100k or so miles. Honestly Acuras just never really appealed to me, II've seen a few that do look nice, might have been TLs but they look funny to me

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

IMO, Nissan is the best "pound for pound" auto maker right now.

NO, its not. A lot of the newer nissans (2000-current) I've been getting at my job are junk IMO. You've got the 2.5 and 3.5 motors burning oil and blowing motors even tho oil changes are done regularly (the earlier 2.4 and 3.0 motors are workhorses). ECM and sensor problems also fail commonly, costing mucho dinero. They're junk imo. In my experience, Nissans are one of the most expensive *** cars to own. Nowadays as far as a new cars go, I'd either check out the new fords and hyundais

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

IMO, Nissan is the best "pound for pound" auto maker right now.

NO, its not. A lot of the newer nissans (2000-current) I've been getting at my job are junk IMO. You've got the 2.5 and 3.5 motors burning oil and blowing motors even tho oil changes are done regularly (the earlier 2.4 and 3.0 motors are workhorses). ECM and sensor problems also fail commonly, costing mucho dinero. They're junk imo. In my experience, Nissans are one of the most expensive *** cars to own. Nowadays as far as a new cars go, I'd either check out the new fords and hyundais

I've worked at Honda and Toyota manufacturing plants as an engineer. Toyota just seems to do it better.

16lfbyt.jpg

3 years without a single problem.

I've worked at Honda and Toyota manufacturing plants as an engineer. Toyota just seems to do it better.

16lfbyt.jpg

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

16lfbyt.jpg

pimp.gif

I never got a solid response about the mileage thing though

16lfbyt.jpg

pimp.gif

I4 Camry gets good mileage. I find a lot of Toyota's roll really really well, even when your foot's off the gas.

I4 Camry gets good mileage. I find a lot of Toyota's roll really really well, even when your foot's off the gas.

Originally Posted by MECKS

nissan . my whole family has nissans, were loyal. i inherited (kinda) a 99 nissan altima. it has 93k miles. runs beautifly, and doesnt look trashy (as i feel like some camrys do already) . hondas are nice but to me the motors are trash. only reason they run fast is because they make the car so light.

where did you get that "honda have trashy motors" from? honda has made some of the best engines out there including f1. if anything nissans have "trashy motors" since they don't seem to know how to combine power efficiency and reliability into one. i would not buy a nissan because they are gas hogs and look outdated as soon as the new model comes out. get the accord that came out one generation ago, they still look decent and should be rock solid.

Originally Posted by MECKS

nissan . my whole family has nissans, were loyal. i inherited (kinda) a 99 nissan altima. it has 93k miles. runs beautifly, and doesnt look trashy (as i feel like some camrys do already) . hondas are nice but to me the motors are trash. only reason they run fast is because they make the car so light.

where did you get that "honda have trashy motors" from? honda has made some of the best engines out there including f1. if anything nissans have "trashy motors" since they don't seem to know how to combine power efficiency and reliability into one. i would not buy a nissan because they are gas hogs and look outdated as soon as the new model comes out. get the accord that came out one generation ago, they still look decent and should be rock solid.

16lfbyt.jpg

pimp.gif

I want one of these on the low
pimp.gif

16lfbyt.jpg

pimp.gif

I want one of these on the low
pimp.gif

The thing I like about the newer Hondas and Toyotas are that they are big body now, and have that luxury look, the ones from the late 90s-early 00s were just too compact and nerdy looking imo

The thing I like about the newer Hondas and Toyotas are that they are big body now, and have that luxury look, the ones from the late 90s-early 00s were just too compact and nerdy looking imo

Copped a Camry ('08) this Summer. I got it for the same reasons you want one. It was relatively cheap, wanted something spacious and decent looking and most imporantly wanted reliability as I do ALOT of driving.

I got the basic Camry, kinda mad I didn't spend the extra on the XLE but whatever. It runs smoothly, expect its a 4-cylinder and at  times I wish it had better pick up, but honestly it gets the job done and it looks nice.

If you keep it clean you can't go wrong.

I test drove Hondas and Nissan's. I didn't really like either. The interior on Nissan's to me (The Altima's, not the Maxima's) was kinda cheap, much cheaper looking than anything Toyota puts out, IMO. Honda's didn't have as good a pick up and there was something I didn't like.

I was skeptical about the Toyota due to recall but I had mine inspected and everything, you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom