TRADE ADVICE! IMAC TRADE!

is this a good trade....my imac (newer aluminum version...but has no keyboard or mouse and i NEVER use it) for a Olympus evolt e-620 camera with 2 lenses, bag, memory, and other accesories and $200 a good trade?
ohwell.gif

What size iMac? 24"? I don't know...the resale value on iMacs are horrible since Mac keeps putting out new ones. Even if it is new, you should get about under a grand for sure. U have no real info on the camera but just looking it up it is about $500-600 range. What type of lenses are they? Telephoto? It seems about right but it really depends on what is more important to you. Personally I would take the computer but that is cause I am not too big on Olympus cameras.

Being an Olympus user, I know the 620 is a great camera in it's range, and the 14-42mm and 40-150mm kit lenses are great in their class and cover a great range... however, the price point will be pretty uneven... (you said it was a newer iMac?).... you can get the Oly kit for $500 or so if you look hard enough.

I wouldn't do it. IMACs don't go down in value much, especially if it's still under warranty?

But then again, I know nothing about cameras but according to the guy above, you could get that camera a little cheaper.

I wouldnt do it.

The Olympus is good camera but if you get into photography your choice in lenses will be very slim compared to Canon and Nikon. If you want a camera, you would be better off saving some cash and purchasing an entry level DSLR like Nikon D40(x), D60, D3000 or the D5000. Or the Canon line, T1i, T21, Xs(i).

you can find that camera for less than 600 on ebay(it retails for 699.99) and the imac is 1200.00 retail so you would be losing alot in the trade even if he threw in cash

Don't do it OP, Sell it and get a few extra cash and then buy the cam.

Back
Top Bottom