TRADE RUMOR: Rondo and Ray Ray for Amare, Barbosa, 14th pick

I don't see why they wouldn't. In fact...they probably don't go 7 games because Billups gives them another shooter to open up Ray and Paul more often as they can't help off of Billups like you can Rondo.
They were sagging like 3 feet off of Rondo and he was still getting to the basket at will and either scoring or creating shots forothers.

And one of the main reasons the Celtics beat Chicago was because of how much damage Rondo did in transition. Chauncey couldn't have done that.

rondo is not better than chauncey. what the hell is wrong with people nowadays. STOP LETTING YOUR HOMERISM CLOUD YOUR JUDGMENT. chauncey is one of thosepieces that could elevate a team to an elite level (you see how the Nuggets got the #2 seed this year?). granted, while he is probably on the downside of hiscareer at this point, he is still a great leader, scorer (when he has to be) and facilitator. If you were to pick a point guard to help lead you to the finalsin the next couple of years, Billups is a more probable pick than rondo.

This thread developed from a bogus trade rumor to a A vs B thread
laugh.gif

On the record we have an added wrinkle - one that we thought to be highly unlikely until we found it reported with a quote attributed to Celtics GM DannyAinge. It seems the Celtics are willing topackage Rajon Rondo with Allen to make the right deal happen "He's stubborn," Ainge told ESPN's Jackie MacMullen. "Hedoesn't always take direction well. He's very bright and knows what he needs to do to be successful. But sometimes he doesn't understand what theteam needs to be successful." Doc Rivers expressed similar sentiments, which he directed at Rondo himself earlier this season. "Do you know yourteammates hate playing with you? ... The point guard has to be the guy that brings energy to the team. You can't be the guy that sucks it away. Yourmoodiness is affecting us. Change it." HoopsWorld

If you were to pick a point guard to help lead you to the finals in the next couple of years, Billups is a more probable pick than rondo.
The next couple of years? You sure about that?

And for the record, I never said Rondo is definitively better than Chauncey. I said it's debatable. You guys are acting like it's not even up fordiscussion. If Chauncey is better, it's damn close.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

On the record we have an added wrinkle - one that we thought to be highly unlikely until we found it reported with a quote attributed to Celtics GM Danny Ainge. It seems the Celtics are willing to package Rajon Rondo with Allen to make the right deal happen "He's stubborn," Ainge told ESPN's Jackie MacMullen. "He doesn't always take direction well. He's very bright and knows what he needs to do to be successful. But sometimes he doesn't understand what the team needs to be successful." Doc Rivers expressed similar sentiments, which he directed at Rondo himself earlier this season. "Do you know your teammates hate playing with you? ... The point guard has to be the guy that brings energy to the team. You can't be the guy that sucks it away. Your moodiness is affecting us. Change it." HoopsWorld

That is taken COMPLETELY out of context. Those quotes were pulled from a story about Rondo maturing and becoming a leader. It has absolutely nothing to do withany trade speculation. Whoever wrote that apparently tried to twist words around to fit his agenda of making up trade rumors. Here's the actual story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playo...?columnist=macmullan_jackie&page=Rondo-090423

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by JD617

out of the 5 point guards in the atlantic division rajon rondo,jose calderon, andre miller, chris duhon, and devin harris

i would put rondo 4th on that list u put any one of the pg's besides duhon and the celtics would be just as good or better
when u play with players lke jesus,PP34 and garnet then its easier to play alongside them

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I needed a good laugh to start my morning. Thanks for that.
u being a boston fan im sure ur bias to your player , its the truth, take away the talent around rondo and see how good he really is was

Hes improved a ton the last 2 seasons
that is 100% truth, but like i said when u surrounded by 3 susperstars its easy to get lossed in the shuffle and do ya thing

laugh.gif
x
indifferent.gif
at everything.

laugh.gif
at rondo being better than chauncey. or even being debatable at this point. rondo may become better in 2-3 years but right now....no.

It's true that Ray Allen has maybe two good years left, but Phoenix are obviously trying to make one, maybe two last desparate championship attempts withthis trade before the whole team falls apart.. And save Rondo for the next rebuilding process. They're not doing this to make a championship run with thisteam some time in the future.. Because besides Ray Allen, how many years does Nash have left? Shaq? Grant Hill? They're all pretty much done..

Funny how trading Rondo for Amare would be a rebounding improvement for the Suns.

Suns Have Nash and J-Rich in the backcourt
with an addition of Rondo and Ray Ray
someone has to become a backup and someone
gotta go

Chauncey has a lot of characteristics Rondo does not.

He's a leader on and off the floor and he can make his team better.

I'd take Chauncey or Rondo anyday but I'm not discrediting what Rondo can do.

Rondo is going to be a very good pg in the future, if not so now

i was watching a local boston sports show and they were saying how the celtics said this rumor was bull. that would be a stupid +%+ trade. amare is overated ,barbosa is trash . rondo and ray allen are piff
pimp.gif
if celtics really do have this trade i will official switch over to a lakers fan.

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

i was watching a local boston sports show and they were saying how the celtics said this rumor was bull. that would be a stupid +%+ trade. amare is overated , barbosa is trash . rondo and ray allen are piff
pimp.gif
if celtics really do have this trade i will official switch over to a lakers fan.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by John2st

KoolBarBone,.. you my friend are a drug addict

Right. Because I'd rather take a 23-year-old point guard who has improved exponentially in the last two years than a 32-year-old "clutch" pointguard who disappeared in the two most important games of the season.

Back
Top Bottom