Trader turns $500 into $300,000 over weekend

Yeah i'd think the opposite, i know it's a sure thing, i'm betting more than that.
Nah, it is almost like if you get the teachers guide you won't take the exam and get a 100%. Something like an 87% makes more sense not to be so hot

Exactly. You take that 87 and fly under the radar. Don't be the football player that missed all the classes and gets 100 on the test.

I mean, yeah maybe he knew something, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. It's just a $500 bet, if the stock moved it's traditional ATR he would've doubled his money regardless. I'm gonna lean on being naive and saying he just got lucky.
If we had someone around here to give us advice maybe this could have been one of us. But no...............:rolleyes
If only there was a registered financial advisor on here who could help us

dude just took a big dodo on all these cocky dudes on the grams who resell and show pics loading up their car with boxes on release days

some yall on this very site, they know who they are

Last edited:
dude just took a big dodo on all these cocky dudes on the grams who resell and show pics loading up their car with boxes on release days

some yall on this very site, they know who they are

This sounds like it might be a little personal, bro.

"oh look, someone made a crazy profit on a once in a lifetime options trade. This is a great time to talk about dudes flexing on the gram. Take that, resellers!" :lol:

That's a crazy flip. Probably a very uninteresting story at the end of it all.

Last edited:
This sounds like it might be a little personal, bro.

"oh look, someone made a crazy profit on a once in a lifetime options trade. This is a great time to talk about dudes flexing on the gram. Take that, resellers!" :lol:

:lol:

Definitely Insider information. The trader only put $500 into it to make it seem like it was a lucky gamble.

What kind of logic is this? :lol:

Yeah i'd think the opposite, i know it's a sure thing, i'm betting more than that.

And then you'd end up in jail.

I can dig it, like he knew he'd win anyways with a small under the radar amount, just don't get greedy.

This sort of thing has more to do with luck than anything. Even when I make my small gains people ask why I didn't put them on. It's like, if I knew I'd tell you, but nobody does.

This sort of thing has more to do with luck than anything. Even when I make my small gains people ask why I didn't put them on. It's like, if I knew I'd tell you, but nobody does.

But because the trader bought at a strike price of $60, it makes it obvious that it's insider information because a buyout for nearly double the market value is the only scenario in which a mature coffee company like Keurig is going to go from $51 to over $60 overnight. If the strike was at like $55, it wouldn't be obvious.

Because a buyout is the only scenario that the options don't expire worthless makes it obvious.

Still though there's money to be made via the extrinsic value if the stock goes from 51 to 55 overnight. It only needs to be above 60 on expiration. $4 move overnight is gonna double the option, especially since it's so cheap. The issue lies within the liquidity and spread widening, making it otherwise difficult to exit at the desired profit in this instance because GMCR's options market isn't as heavily traded as Apple's.

Still though there's money to be made via the extrinsic value if the stock goes from 51 to 55 overnight. It only needs to be above 60 on expiration. $4 move overnight is gonna double the option, especially since it's so cheap. The issue lies within the liquidity and spread widening, making it otherwise difficult to exit at the desired profit in this instance because GMCR's options market isn't as heavily traded as Apple's.

Even at $55, the value of the option wouldn't move because it is so close to expiration.

Back
Top Bottom