Trailer for "Beats, Rhymes and Fights" VOL. A TRIBE CALLED QUEST

(Please embed for me, I'm useless)

My favorite hip hop group ever, can't wait for this film to drop!

*Sorry if posted already, I'm NEVER in the music forum but thought this was big enough to post

(Please embed for me, I'm useless)

My favorite hip hop group ever, can't wait for this film to drop!

*Sorry if posted already, I'm NEVER in the music forum but thought this was big enough to post

Originally Posted by Flagrant Foul

pimp.gif
This.

Favorite Hip-Hop group of all times

*Kanye shrug

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Let's go!
smokin.gif

Michael Rappaport though? The dude from "True Romance"?!
nerd.gif
Don't get why you're questioning Rappaport....dude is a KNOWN hip-hop head. 

This is a must watch for not only fans of ATCQ, but rap in general.  Can't wait to see this....

The interlude at the end of "We Can Get Down" (ATCQ consists of four members....) was the perfect way to end this trailer...
pimp.gif

Let's go!
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

This is a must watch for not only fans of ATCQ, but rap in general.  Can't wait to see this....

The interlude at the end of "We Can Get Down" (ATCQ consists of four members....) was the perfect way to end this trailer...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Let's go!
smokin.gif

nerd.gif
Word. Rappaport been down since day one.
Wasn't his debut with Ice Cube and Busta Rhymes in higher learning?

BTW stoked on a tribe documentary. great group. 

Let's go!
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

Let's go!
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

I wasn't aware... I know now...

Let's go!
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

I wasn't aware... I know now...

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

Let's go!
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

Nah his debut was that movie Zebrahead

I remember MC Serch was up for was up for the role but Rappaport got it instead

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

Let's go!
smokin.gif

nerd.gif

Nah his debut was that movie Zebrahead

I remember MC Serch was up for was up for the role but Rappaport got it instead

there is a thread in general. dope nonetheless, can't wait.

there is a thread in general. dope nonetheless, can't wait.

Dec 2 2010 7:18 PM EST 989
[h1]Q-Tip 'Not In Support' Of Tribe Called Quest Documentary[/h1][h2]MC tweets, 'Filmmaker should respect the band to the point of honoring the few requests' made about the doc.[/h2]
By Mawuse Ziegbe (@mawuseziegbe) /sitewide/images/spacer.gif

A Tribe Called Quest's game-changing legacy is slated to hit the big screen in the forthcoming documentary "Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest," which has been picked up for Sundance. A trailer for the flick recently hit the Web, and Tribe acolytes have voiced their excitement on the project's Facebook page.

However, there is one key detractor whose concerns could potentially derail anticipation for the film and diminish its credibility: Tribe frontman Q-Tip. On Thursday (December 2), the Queens MC blasted the film via his Twitter account.

"I am not in support of the a tribe called quest documentary," he wrote.

The "Electric Relaxation" lyricist explained his gripes stem from creative differences between the hip-hop crew and the team behind the doc. "The filmmaker shld respect the band enough to honor our request regarding the film," Q-Tip wrote. "The filmmaker should respect the band to the point of honoring the few requests that's was made abt the piece."

A spokesperson for Rival Films, the production company behind the project, was not available when MTV News reached out for comment.

Actor Michael Rapaport ("Bamboozled") directed the film, which, according to the flick's website, revolves around the group's reunion for the 2008 Rock the Bells Tour. The impact and influence of the collective is explored by fellow hip-hop luminaries like Native Tongues members Busta Rhymes and De La Soul and rap superstars like Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.

Despite Q-Tip's issues with the film, it appears to have been made not only with the band's cooperation, but all members of the original Tribe lineup — Phife, Ali Shaheed and Jarobi — figure prominently in the project.

The film will premiere at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival in January

Dec 2 2010 7:18 PM EST 989
[h1]Q-Tip 'Not In Support' Of Tribe Called Quest Documentary[/h1][h2]MC tweets, 'Filmmaker should respect the band to the point of honoring the few requests' made about the doc.[/h2]
By Mawuse Ziegbe (@mawuseziegbe) /sitewide/images/spacer.gif

A Tribe Called Quest's game-changing legacy is slated to hit the big screen in the forthcoming documentary "Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest," which has been picked up for Sundance. A trailer for the flick recently hit the Web, and Tribe acolytes have voiced their excitement on the project's Facebook page.

However, there is one key detractor whose concerns could potentially derail anticipation for the film and diminish its credibility: Tribe frontman Q-Tip. On Thursday (December 2), the Queens MC blasted the film via his Twitter account.

"I am not in support of the a tribe called quest documentary," he wrote.

The "Electric Relaxation" lyricist explained his gripes stem from creative differences between the hip-hop crew and the team behind the doc. "The filmmaker shld respect the band enough to honor our request regarding the film," Q-Tip wrote. "The filmmaker should respect the band to the point of honoring the few requests that's was made abt the piece."

A spokesperson for Rival Films, the production company behind the project, was not available when MTV News reached out for comment.

Actor Michael Rapaport ("Bamboozled") directed the film, which, according to the flick's website, revolves around the group's reunion for the 2008 Rock the Bells Tour. The impact and influence of the collective is explored by fellow hip-hop luminaries like Native Tongues members Busta Rhymes and De La Soul and rap superstars like Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.

Despite Q-Tip's issues with the film, it appears to have been made not only with the band's cooperation, but all members of the original Tribe lineup — Phife, Ali Shaheed and Jarobi — figure prominently in the project.

The film will premiere at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival in January

Back
Top Bottom