Transformers (5): The Last Knight - June 23, 2017

Yeah, Glad to see Bay out now..Get some new blood to direct these films. I do give him credit by bringing the franchise back to life and going about how these robots would look in real life. Other than that, glad he's out

Not enough dinobots. As an action film it was okay.
Worth the 4 dollars I spent.

Story line was trash and directing was terrible . I could tell I was watching a Michael bay film . Slow mo explosions sliding everywhere

Bay always leaves out how these new autobots/dinobots appear and disappear in his films. Typical of him to leave you in the dark about it

Weekend Box Office: 'Transformers 5' Opens to Franchise-Low $69M

Paramount and Michael Bay's Transformers: The Last Knight grossed $69.1 million from 4,069 theaters in its five-day debut at the North American box office, a franchise low and casting doubt on the future of the series. That figure includes a Friday-Sunday take of $45.3 million.

The Last Knight, which Paramount says cost $217 million to make before a major marketing spend, is the latest summer sequel to spring an oil leak, at least in the U.S., coming in 31 percent behind Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014). And it is the first Transformers movie not to open to $100 million or more.

The good news? Transformers 5 is wielding a sharper sword overseas, where it earned $196.2 million from its first 40 markets — including $123.4 million in China alone — for a global start of $265.3 million. The movie's performance continues the trend set by Age of Extinction, which did far more business internationally, becoming the first Transformers film to clear $1 billion worldwide upon grossing $858.6 million offshore, compared to a domestic take of $245.4 million. Imax theaters contributed $24.3 million.

Last edited:
^ agreed, just came from the theater and watched this, will never watch another one, **** was garbage...[emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji]

Don't people say this after every Transformers movie and watch the next one anyway? :lol:

Weekend Box Office: 'Transformers 5' Opens to Franchise-Low $69M

Paramount and Michael Bay's Transformers: The Last Knight grossed $69.1 million from 4,069 theaters in its five-day debut at the North American box office, a franchise low and casting doubt on the future of the series. That figure includes a Friday-Sunday take of $45.3 million.

The Last Knight, which Paramount says cost $217 million to make before a major marketing spend, is the latest summer sequel to spring an oil leak, at least in the U.S., coming in 31 percent behind Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014). And it is the first Transformers movie not to open to $100 million or more.

The good news? Transformers 5 is wielding a sharper sword overseas, where it earned $196.2 million from its first 40 markets — including $123.4 million in China alone — for a global start of $265.3 million. The movie's performance continues the trend set by Age of Extinction, which did far more business internationally, becoming the first Transformers film to clear $1 billion worldwide upon grossing $858.6 million offshore, compared to a domestic take of $245.4 million. Imax theaters contributed $24.3 million.

Honestly, They should just hire Chinese supporting actors and make NA their secondary market. Come to think of it, that might have always been the case (other than the Chinese supporting actor thing).

The writing was so over the top. I don’t know if they were trolling or dead serious.

Must’ve been hilarious writing some of those ridiculous lines for Anthony Hopkins.:lol:

Last edited:
So, after the last transformers movie, Megatron turned into Galvatron...............Guessing that was ditched? Because he didnt look anything like he did at the end of that movie.

So, all this time, Plant earth has been Unicron and nobody knew it or ever felt its presence? what about all those transformer detectors they had in the other films?

This made 0 sense...................Glad i watched on the fire stick. I would have been pissed to pay for it, lol

Why was this movie so loooooooong  though 
sick.gif

I know its petty but I hate Mark Wahlberg's hair style in these movies 

I realize that Cybertron is Decepticons  main goal, but can we get something different now 
laugh.gif

John Cena Joins 'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee'

John Cena has nabbed a lead role in the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee.

Hailee Steinfeld is leading the cast of Paramount's new film, which will center on the yellow and black bot Bumblebee. The pic will feature a young cast including Jorge Lendeborg, Jason Drucker, Abby Quinn, Rachel Crow, Ricardo Hoyos and Gracie Dzienny.

The story is set in the year 1987, where Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small California beach town. Charlie (Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary yellow VW bug.

Travis Knight, who directed the stop-motion movie Kubo and the Two Strings, is helming Bumblebee from a script by Christina Hodson (Shut In). The movie project is the first spinoff in what the studio hopes will be a Transformers Cinematic Universe that will include prequels and offshoots from a line of movies that have generated more than $3.7 billion worldwide.

Wait, did I just smile at the fact that Starscream looked like Starscream? Whut.

i guess chevy didn't cough up the cash to keep bee a camaro?

it doesn't make sense for bumblebee be a beetle but i guess it's the closest to the bug? I think he was og beetle in the cartoon though

i'm surprised they didn't hire a super hot chick to be the lead but hailees getting there and she's a top notch actor

Last edited:
Thought I read somewhere that Volkswagen didn't want to get involved in transformers 1 because of the violence and wouldn't release the rights or something like, which is why they went with the Camaro. Guess $$$ talks or is there some other reasoning why they are involved now?

Back
Top Bottom