Traveling to Southeast Asia May/June (Java, Bali, Indonesia, Thailand)......Advice? Recommendations?

Myself and 4 other friends are traveling to Southeast Asia May 19-July 3rd and I was wondering if anyone has traveled to Southeast Asia before or lives near the area that has travel advice...
We plan on seeing the Borobudur temple, Parks, Beaches, Rock climbing, Full Moon Party
pimp.gif
 (heard it is insane), etc...

drop some knowledge!

Myself and 4 other friends are traveling to Southeast Asia May 19-July 3rd and I was wondering if anyone has traveled to Southeast Asia before or lives near the area that has travel advice...
We plan on seeing the Borobudur temple, Parks, Beaches, Rock climbing, Full Moon Party
pimp.gif
 (heard it is insane), etc...

drop some knowledge!

I came back from the Philippines a few weeks ago, yeah its not where your going but its close and it was a hell of an experience. It was my first time out of the US and it changed my perspective on life in many ways. I can't say what parts to go to etc as i haven't been where your planning on going but it will probably be a trip of a lifetime, as mine was.

im jelly. only been to thailand & laos once. really ancient enchanting place back then
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

u gonna have a blast in thailand.

want to go to Bali too
eek.gif

copp that good mosquito repellant
sick.gif

I came back from the Philippines a few weeks ago, yeah its not where your going but its close and it was a hell of an experience. It was my first time out of the US and it changed my perspective on life in many ways. I can't say what parts to go to etc as i haven't been where your planning on going but it will probably be a trip of a lifetime, as mine was.

im jelly. only been to thailand & laos once. really ancient enchanting place back then
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

u gonna have a blast in thailand.

want to go to Bali too
eek.gif

copp that good mosquito repellant
sick.gif

I think you can shoot some AK's and blow up a cow with a grenede in Thailand. Or was that Cambodia?

I think you can shoot some AK's and blow up a cow with a grenede in Thailand. Or was that Cambodia?

In Cambodia ^^^

You can shoot machine guns and kill cows and throw grenades in a lake full of fishes.

Drink bottled water all the time, May/June is VERY hot this time of year so bring light weight clothing but a lightweight shell for typhoons and spontaneous rain.

ALMOST everything can be bartered and haggled with price wise. They look to take advantage of tourist (like everywhere else).

In Cambodia ^^^

You can shoot machine guns and kill cows and throw grenades in a lake full of fishes.

Drink bottled water all the time, May/June is VERY hot this time of year so bring light weight clothing but a lightweight shell for typhoons and spontaneous rain.

ALMOST everything can be bartered and haggled with price wise. They look to take advantage of tourist (like everywhere else).

longest flight i have ever been on was 4 hours to NY, this trip is gonna be a whole new experience
pimp.gif

longest flight i have ever been on was 4 hours to NY, this trip is gonna be a whole new experience
pimp.gif

grew up in thailand, live in U.S. now but have been back many times since. I don't know where you plan on going but obviously Bangkok is a blast but if you get a chance check out any of these three cities: Chiang Mai, Phuket or Pattaya. Fun to be had everywhere.

some things to look out for:

- (obvious) drink bottled water, use a straw if possible with everything
- be careful with street food, you don't want to be in the bathroom your entire trip
- tourist prices - most places will let you in for free or for the "thai" price if you learn some general phrases (google)
- if you think there's a 1% chance it's a guy, it is.
- check for your wallet as often as you can, though i'd recommend just carrying everything in a small backpack of some sort
- haggle, haggle, haggle - everything can be had for cheaper than listed

Back
Top Bottom