Travis Scott AJ1 LC Thread

Discussion in 'Price/Fake Checks' started by qwikrex, May 16, 2019 at 12:43 AM.

1. qwikrex

qwikrex

Can I please get an LC on these Travis Scott 1’s? Purchased off Goat. It would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. qwikrex

qwikrex

More pics.

Attached Files:

3. qwikrex

qwikrex

More.

Attached Files:

4. qwikrex

qwikrex

More pics.

Attached Files:

5. Potato_

Potato_

I bought a pair from StockX and everything looks the same as mine, I was very suspicious of the tape and left over stitching when I took out the sole is that normal? I starting to think so...

6. 7Gawd

7Gawd

i've seen other authentic pairs in the past with taped extra stitching.

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 9:00 PM
  7. StudentDriver

StudentDriver

That is normal for a pair of Jordan 1's.
    There is always left over string at the inside of the shoe. For Jordan 1's made in China the string is taped down, like Travis Scott 1's, and for those made in Vietnam the string is glued down.
    The text hidden behind the back tongue tag is also always there and sometimes they do write numbers on the bottom of the insole.

8. Oh, that’s interesting to know. I was given information that leftover string in a shoe with tape was a definite sign of a replica. Thanks for the info!

9. Greg Surels

Greg Surels

People that give out that type of info really need to consider the source & learn for themselves. What scares me is the blind leading the blind with legit check info. People also have a tendency to blindly believe what they hear. Glad you were smart enough to come here to ask. There's definitely taped down string in authentic 1's.

10. retro fiend

retro fiend

Those look good. Cant say for sure cause the fakes look "good" as well but imo they legit.

qwikrex likes this.
  11. leonard706

leonard706

Looks legit to me. Maybe I will post detailed pics of my pair for reference

qwikrex likes this.
  12. Can anyone who has an 11 or 11.5 in here post a pic of the sz shoe tag inside
    Much appreciated.

13. Has anyone seen the lace bag stuck together with adhesive on these?

14. StudentDriver

StudentDriver

I have not seen that flaw in a pair of authentic Jordan 1's, nor have I heard/seen that be a normal flaw in a pair of fakes.

@Flamboyant_Luv23 The shoes you posted in the Travis Scott thread are fake, don't buy them they are from KW. You can tell they are from this factory by the little gold chain that is on the left shoe.

Here is an album showing you more photos of the shoes from that factory, along with a better close up of the gold chain:

15. wow. i knew its suspect.

thanks a million there sir.

StudentDriver likes this.
  16. Greg Surels

Greg Surels

It also seems to be really thick where the R & D connect on the wings logo. I'm used to seeing the connection a lot thinner. The backwards swoosh also looks like it touches the stitching which I didn't think they did on legit Travis 1's. Is that something you've seen or noticed on authentic TS 1's ?

17. StudentDriver

StudentDriver

For the album of the KW batch that I posted you are correct, the font and the lines on the Wings logo are too thick and they should not be like that. However this does not apply to all fake batches, some of them have the Wings logo close to retail.
    Like in this image, the wings logo on GT looks better then this particular retail pair in my opinion:

Assuming that you are taking about the corner stitching, then yes, the backwards swoosh can touch the corner stitch. I have seen this happen in a couple of retail pairs, but it does not have to. The gap between the swoosh and the corner stitch will vary from pair to pair. This is one of the most inconsistent things for Jordan 1's in general.
    Like in this image, the guy got a pair that came with the corner stitch touching the swoosh:

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 9:09 PM
    Greg Surels likes this.
  18. Quick question
    So I size swap my ts1 to one shop and then I saw my same shoe at another shop
    Is it possible for a fake pair to have the same UPC code inside the shoe tag matches the receipt? According to dude said the person who brought it in wanted a smaller size
    What’s throwing me if is the lace bag attached to each other with adhesive and the cactus jack stamp on the medial
    Receipt matches the box and the shoe tag inside the shoe..
    Haven’t heard anyone else having their lace bags attached

19. StudentDriver

StudentDriver

The UPC code that retailers put on the receipt is the one that is on both the box label and the size tag, therefore it will be exactly the same for all size 11.5.

For example these are two different retail Jordan 1's in a size 9 with the same UPC code of (00)193150591419 in front of the box and the size tag
    Pair 1:

Pair 2:

A fake pair can and would most likely would have an identical UPC code that is on the box of a retail pair.

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    Greg Surels likes this.
  20. turbo95eg6

turbo95eg6

Assuming those fakes are from different factories, are those 3 the key suppliers or are there more? Seems like the stitching on the retail still looks the cleanest compared to the fakes, especially on the sail panels. The swoosh also looks thicker.

21. kilroythedon

kilroythedon

Second pair lol how does it have both 2018 dates? Weren’t most of these started in 12/18 and finished 1/19

22. StudentDriver

StudentDriver

These are not the all the 'key suppliers', there are more factories that produce these shoes. However GT seems to be one of the most popular in the replica community.
    You are right, If you look at the small details you will find differences in the stitching, but that would be hard to see for someone that does not have a retail pair next to them. Nike's quality also tends to vary a bit so some may be a bit sloppier then others, but the quality of fakes varies even more and some could have good stitching while others have very poor stitching.
    Color is also a good indicator of a fake, most batches tend to be darker then a retail pair, but most people would need a real pair next to them to compare to.

I posted the full albums if you have not seen them yet of comparisons of retail pairs vs fake pairs from reddit:

This album is like the top one but also has has ANFU and LN

UA = fake

Retail vs GT

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    skaterplayer808 likes this.
  23. StudentDriver

StudentDriver

These released initially in early February for the Grammy's, so the production dates make sense to me, only two months back. That pair that has both 2018 dates was from that shock drop.