Travis Scott Thread: ("Utopia" OUT NOW!)

Favorite Song Out Of The 3 Travis Recently Dropped?

• Butterfly Effect

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Green & Purple

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A Man

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Listened to Utopia 2-3 times and it's mostly a jumbled collage of beat switches and "vibes." Read through the lyrics and Travis is hardly saying anything at all 70% of the time. 5-10+ artists working on every track, I can't tell/know what Travis actually did. Like even Kanye's bottom half of his recent 5 years you know has his personal influence and themes from his life. These lyrics sound like AI learned how to do Travis' flows.

Not crazy about this trend of songs having so many beat switches/different elements you can't tell what's happening. I liked the stuff from Bon Iver/Westside/21 but then I realized I just appreciated them individually and would rather listen to their catalogues. Favorite tracks are Modern Jam, Topia Twins, Love, Til Further Notice, couple other songs/moments. Sorry.

Honestly I think Travis would rather just make cool clothes and images and come up with new ways to be cryptic than make meaningful music.

1690572493586.png

Lol dude made a deep reference from 16th century literature then filled the album with mid lyrics.

And I liked Birds in the Trap, Rodeo (generally), Owl Pharoah and loved Days Before Rodeo.

There’s no way y’all live rodeo but don’t like this.

This feels like a futuristic rodeo. LOOOVE is literally a leak from that era :lol:

Also KPOP should’ve been earlier in the album or the last track.

Last edited:
:lol:

In all seriousness, if I wanted to hear Yeezus I would have just played Kanye's album. This is the least inspired project Travis has put out. Disappointing considering we waited 5 years for this.

It’s definitely his worst work to date imo but that’s a bit unfair since everything he made prior to was top tier. However, he took a 4 year hiatus to drop a good but not great album.

Travis has never sold me on bars... just vibe... so hearing yall talk about his lyrics sounds like chihuahua noise... glad some of yall tried to get deeper into his stuff at some point, I never did.

I just see him as a vibe based entertainer. Was not looking for or expecting the next Outkast release, just a superior sonic journey.

:lol:

In all seriousness, if I wanted to hear Yeezus I would have just played Kanye's album. This is the least inspired project Travis has put out. Disappointing considering we waited 5 years for this.
He definitely went into the yeezus playbook on Circus Maximus.

This album feels like Travis team told him to stay away from raging music and make chill vibe festival music to avoid another Astroworld fiasco. Album sounds like it was strategically made to avoid pit and stampede situations. I get it but it’s pretty obvious he toned down the vibe.

Modern Jam and My Eyes are the standout tracks for me.

Back I go to looping the Across the Spider-Verse soundtrack over and over and over again LOL

One listen and imo it's pretty good. Same as others have said, his lyrics are pretty much meaningless but the production is great. I throw his **** on when I don't want to pay attention to the words and just want to vibe :smokin

Back
Top Bottom