Trevor Ariza tradded for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans

Orlando, FL - The Orlando Magic have acquired forward Brian Cook and guard Maurice Evans from the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for forward Trevor Ariza, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. In addition, the Magic have waived forward Bo Outlaw.

"Brian (Cook) helps bolster our frontcourt," said Smith. "He is a power forward who shoots the ball extremely well, while also bringing added toughness to our roster. Maurice (Evans) is a tremendous athlete, a solid defender and capable of playing multiple positions. Both Brian and Maurice fit in very well with what we are trying to accomplish."

Smith also added: "Trevor (Ariza) is a great talent and we certainly wish him well. We also thank Bo (Outlaw) for everything he has done for our organization as a player."

Cook (6'9", 250, 12/4/80, Illinois, 4 years) has played in six games (two starts) this season with the L.A. Lakers, averaging 2.3 ppg. and 1.7 rpg. in 11.7 minpg. Evans (6'5", 220, 11/8/78, Texas, 4 years) has appeared in seven games this season with the Lakers, averaging 4.4 ppg., 1.7 apg. and 1.3 rpg. in 13.7 minpg.

Cook has played in 259 career NBA regular season games, all with the Lakers, averaging 6.6 ppg. and 3.2 rpg. in 16.0 minpg. He has shot .392 (162-413) from three-point range. Cook has also appeared in 25 postseason contests, averaging 3.0 ppg. and 1.6 rpg. in 7.0 minpg. Originally selected in the first round (24th overall) of the 2003 NBA Draft by the Lakers, Cook netted a career-high 28 points on Feb. 7, 2006 @ Dallas and pulled down a career-best 14 rebounds on Mar. 4, 2007 @ Phoenix.

Evans has appeared in 238 career NBA regular season games with Minnesota, Sacramento, Detroit and the Lakers, averaging 6.3 ppg. and 2.5 rpg. in 17.8 minpg. He has also played in 24 playoff outings, averaging 4.0 ppg. and 1.2 rpg. in 10.0 minpg. Evans originally signed as a free agent with Minnesota on July 23, 2001, after he was not selected during the 2001 NBA Draft. He poured in a career-high 26 points on Feb. 25, 2007 @ Golden State and recorded a career-best 14 rebounds on Mar. 8, 2005 vs. Memphis.

Ariza has played in 11 games this season with the Magic, averaging 3.3 ppg. and 2.2 rpg. in 10.5 minpg. Outlaw has played in two games with Orlando this season, averaging 2.0 ppg. in 3.5 minpg.

What the hell is Orlando thinking? Brian Cook bringing toughness to a team?
laugh.gif

thank you lord.....those rims in orlando going to need to be reinforced for Evans...

should post in laker or orlando thread though...

got another Bruin on the squad...coming back home Ariza - Westchester HS.

if I'm not mistaken Ariza attended Kobe's or MJs camp as an instructor too...

Bo Outlaw is still in the NBA. this is news to me. I thought his last season was T-Mac's last with Orlando

YES!
Lakers are going to be championship contenders now that Brain Cook is gone, far, far away.

I like it.

A lot.

#1- the deal involves the perpetually underwhelming Brian Cook leaving
#2- the deal involves the shooting machine (not 'scoring machine', but 'shooting machine') Evans leaving
#3- Trevor Ariza's not bad

But if the deal were Cook to the Magic and the Magic waterboy to the Lakers, I would have been happy.

This definitely puts a smile on my face....They were both bums.

I hated Evans with a passion...He was D George V.2 but a whole lot worst. He looks lost on the court.

OMG. Hell Freezes Over. Somebody traded FOR Brian Cook?

I wouldn't be happy as a Laker fan having to give up Mo Evans to get rid of Cook.

PS: Lakers like Mihm again. But Kwame is out indefinitely? Can you afford to trade a big like Bria.....hahahahahahahahha Cook is not a big.

How bad of an NBA fan am I? I was like "Yes, the Knicks get Mo Evans and I can watch him play!"
embarassed.gif

I woulda traded Brian Cook for a Big Mac and some ketchup packets. I liked Mo Evans tho. Couldn't they have put Vujacic in that deal instead of Evans?

Apparently "added toughness" isn't enough to post up 6'3" Kirk Hinrich nor 6'1" Chris Duhon.

eek.gif
Mitch made a non-boneheaded move.

At least Ariza will provide us with some highlights. I've always liked his athletic ability and hopefully he can fit in well.

Back
Top Bottom