Trip to Chicago..any suggestions/places to visit??

i was a few months ago, you should hit up a place called The Silver Palm, its a bad as place to eat. Looking into ordering 3little pigs. Also this crazy place called HOT Doughs bomb as hot dog place.

If you're looking for a fabulous time, check out the public aid office. Two snaps.

as far as bars/clubs to check out that aren't downtown (honestly, there's not much going on downtown at night)...well there is a bar called Reagle Beagle on like Michigan and Grand, they had an easy bartender working there last time I was there
tongue.gif
smokin.gif

but other than that, not much...so check out Wicker Park around Milwaukee and North...tons of bars and such right around there.

and please don't take the green line to 63rd/ashland for you own safety...i made the mistake of walking through that area to get to that station...almost didn't make it.

I can't wait to go back. Good looking out with the bars. I wasn't 21 the last time I went so I didn't really get to bar hop! I hope it doesn't rain again while I'm there. Have fun OP!

michelle

The W is a good choice, they have a bar on main floor and another bar with a grate view that turns into a min club, and you also have Navy Pier across Lake Shore Drive.

Make ressies to Charlie Trotters or Alinea. It'll burn a hole in pocket, but you will never have a better meal.

I went to Chicago for the first time in September. Great great city! It was a sports trip for myself and a friend. It worked out perfect. We cought 2 cubs game, a white sox, and a bears preseason game in consecutive days.

As far as things to do. Number 1...definitely get a 3 day CTA ( Chicago Transit) pass. This thing saved us probably $200, honestly. Since our hotel was very far from the city, it was great. Even if your hotel is downtown, its still very convenient. I think it was like $17 or something. It's also good for rides on the buses.

Definitely catch a Cubs game if you can. Environment is great around there. Make sure you get unobstructed tickets though, if you do go.

Eat pizza at Giordanos. I am missing that sooo much right now. I think that was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Just amazing.

I definitely reccomend you doing the Sears tower skydeck tour. The views from the top are simply great. They said on a clear day, you can see 4 different states. Also, if you aren't scared, hop out on the ledge that they put in. Great picture opportunities.

Hit up the magnificent mile. Its a pretty peaceful place with cool looking sculptures.

Go over near Soldier field and see Museum Campus. ( I think thats what its called) It's right on lake Michigan and theres a few things to do over there. Its nice to just sit by the water and take it all in.

Just walk around the city. It's beautiful. I hope one day I can go back. I'm from NJ btw, so it was a huge difference.

Most importantly HAVE FUN!

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

you could hit up the HoH

-Tyler
LOL. Yeah drive 20 minutes from downtown on a clogged highway full of construction and check out beautiful North Riverside Mall. They even took out the spike full of cars from Wayne's World a few years ago. So really nothing to see along the way. No disrespect, but unless its on your way somewhere don't bother.

try and go to the planetarium, but don't go inside.

there's an area behind it that you can hang out at that enables you to see the entire city skyline.

PM me if you'd like directions!

Back
Top Bottom