Trip to Mexico DF, ANY ADVICE

dont listen to anyone here man they dont know what there talking about i go to chilangolandia once every year well at least i try. i love it. the streets arentas bad its koo cause if u have fam down there were ever your fam is from usually that neighborhood takes u under there wing. from my experiences they welcomedme well they are curious about alot of stuff over here and most people are nice. go see the pyramids at Teotihuacan visit the sun pyramid and it feels greatstanding on top of it, visit Tepatitlán (tepi) its huge market this market rivals china as far as bootleging u can by real good copies of dvds mp3 cds for like30 cents each. they have alot of other good stuff as well and legit goods huge nike game in there too but way over priced but you might find some gems inthere. some were in that area (sorry theres a name but i cant remember whats its called) theres a skate/punk district in tepi honestly thats the first time ivehit culture clash i cant describe it but it feels like you went into a city that the "the ramones" built. everyone with spikey hair leather jacketspeople skating rock bands playing in the middle of the street real cool. theres more but i cant think of any at this time but let me know if you have anyquestions. what part of DF you staying at

you know about mexico dog.... right now its no mans land....be sure to stay packed in case any mexicans wanna chopper play
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

dont listen to anyone here man they dont know what there talking about i go to chilangolandia once every year well at least i try. i love it. the streets arent as bad its koo cause if u have fam down there were ever your fam is from usually that neighborhood takes u under there wing. from my experiences they welcomed me well they are curious about alot of stuff over here and most people are nice. go see the pyramids at Teotihuacan visit the sun pyramid and it feels great standing on top of it, visit Tepatitlán (tepi) its huge market this market rivals china as far as bootleging u can by real good copies of dvds mp3 cds for like 30 cents each. they have alot of other good stuff as well and legit goods huge nike game in there too but way over priced but you might find some gems in there. some were in that area (sorry theres a name but i cant remember whats its called) theres a skate/punk district in tepi honestly thats the first time ive hit culture clash i cant describe it but it feels like you went into a city that the "the ramones" built. everyone with spikey hair leather jackets people skating rock bands playing in the middle of the street real cool. theres more but i cant think of any at this time but let me know if you have any questions. what part of DF you staying at

Good looks on the response, im pretty sure your the dude that got the practice ticket from my boy Socluis

Anyways, il be staying at the Zona Rosa; about family there i do but they are all far away relatives. Its just gonna be me, my homie, and a couple other peoplefrom the US supporter group. About Tepit; i heard thats not a good place to visit if your not familiar with the area. Hopefully we can make it out to thepyramids and maybe do sightseeing without the weather being a problem.
And for everyone saying RIP
laugh.gif
il be good, speak perfect spanish andknow how to take care of myself

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

LOL @ the stereotyping

I felt a lot safer walking through Mexico City than I do walking through downtown L.A. or S.F. or Brooklyn. All the vicious crimes happen outside of the city where outsiders can not even venture to by mistake (unless they get kidnapped). If you're a young, non-white male in Mexico City, you are so not a target at all. The worst thing that can happen to you there is getting mugged. Big whoop. So just look modest. After a few days of slummin', I took my camcorder with me everywhere and started filming out in the open. Y que? They didn't want it with a young thug. Criminals there rob older women carrying purses and out of shape men in business suits.

sometimes i think you post just to be contradict everyone else.

of course you're not guaranteed to get mugged, but you said you felt safer there than in SF?
roll.gif
yeah ok dude.

i have friends who live in D.F., all of them carry knives of some sort, have been robbed numerous times, and while two of them are white one is mexican.

if you're a tourist, you need to exercise caution. that's it. it's a great city but there is plenty of crime, no need to act like it doesn'texist.

Dont let eracism fool

Im half white but am real light with dark hair.

My cousins went to mexico this year and i didnt go. it is bad over people are dying for no reason at all and the cartels run the street. If they
know your american your a target. stay clear away from mexico at all cost.

And dont die because i need your AF1s

Originally Posted by 951guero

dont listen to anyone here man they dont know what there talking about i go to chilangolandia once every year well at least i try. i love it. the streets arent as bad its koo cause if u have fam down there were ever your fam is from usually that neighborhood takes u under there wing. from my experiences they welcomed me well they are curious about alot of stuff over here and most people are nice. go see the pyramids at Teotihuacan visit the sun pyramid and it feels great standing on top of it, visit Tepatitlán (tepi) its huge market this market rivals china as far as bootleging u can by real good copies of dvds mp3 cds for like 30 cents each. they have alot of other good stuff as well and legit goods huge nike game in there too but way over priced but you might find some gems in there. some were in that area (sorry theres a name but i cant remember whats its called) theres a skate/punk district in tepi honestly thats the first time ive hit culture clash i cant describe it but it feels like you went into a city that the "the ramones" built. everyone with spikey hair leather jackets people skating rock bands playing in the middle of the street real cool. theres more but i cant think of any at this time but let me know if you have any questions. what part of DF you staying at

Good looks on the response, im pretty sure your the dude that got the practice ticket from my boy Socluis

Anyways, il be staying at the Zona Rosa; about family there i do but they are all far away relatives. Its just gonna be me, my homie, and a couple other people from the US supporter group. About Tepit; i heard thats not a good place to visit if your not familiar with the area. Hopefully we can make it out to the pyramids and maybe do sightseeing without the weather being a problem.
laugh.gif
il be good, speak perfect spanish and know how to take care of myself
Zona Rosa is the %%*, best carne asade i've ever had. I used to live there and heard stories from my family, DF is no joke. Dog don't goin to Tepito at all, believe me.

I felt a lot safer walking through Mexico City than I do walking through downtown L.A. or S.F. or Brooklyn. All the vicious crimes happen outside of the city where outsiders can not even venture to by mistake (unless they get kidnapped). If you're a young, non-white male in Mexico City, you are so not a target at all. The worst thing that can happen to you there is getting mugged. Big whoop. So just look modest. After a few days of slummin', I took my camcorder with me everywhere and started filming out in the open. Y que? They didn't want it with a young thug. Criminals there rob older women carrying purses and out of shape men in business suits.
True about looking modest, but they do stick ups in broad daylight. Kids do that too, so don't let them clean your windshield. I've heardof a distant family member getting kidnapped, my uncle got a broken bottle to his face during the daytime, and countless other stories about the District.

Even cops are douches (many of them not all), they barely try to conceal their corruption, if they pull you over and if you ask them, "What'd do youwant, straight up?", they'll say "50 pesos for a coffee". Maybe this has changed, but i doubt it.

Keep an eye out and stray away from trouble or bad situations and you'll be good.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

damn... everyone beat me to the RIP comment
laugh.gif

but forreal, mexico isnt a safe place to visit at the moment..... u dont want to be held hostage and get ur limbs chopped off do u?

dont look like a tourist. oh btw mexicans tend to go for blonde hair blue eyed people because apparently, mexicans believe in a myth that killing blondes can make them invulnerable/invincible towards any form of higher power (police, government etc.)

what the heck.. i have light hair blue eyes . But ill be on a cruise.. lookz like i wont be leavin the ship when we dock . lol

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

damn... everyone beat me to the RIP comment
laugh.gif

but forreal, mexico isnt a safe place to visit at the moment..... u dont want to be held hostage and get ur limbs chopped off do u?

dont look like a tourist. oh btw mexicans tend to go for blonde hair blue eyed people because apparently, mexicans believe in a myth that killing blondes can make them invulnerable/invincible towards any form of higher power (police, government e

This has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read on niketalk, stop stereotyping...

Dont believe em bro... Its not that bad in el D.F... just try not to stand out.. dont be flaunting your wealth.. Just be a little more cautious and stay awayfrom Tepito

Good looks on all the responses
Yeah i heard not to floss, dress casual, and blend in! All should be good as long as im not looking for problems

Oh yeah where all them girls at
nerd.gif

Anyways, il be staying at the Zona Rosa; about family there i do but they are all far away relatives. Its just gonna be me, my homie, and a couple other people from the US supporter group. About Tepit; i heard thats not a good place to visit if your not familiar with the area. Hopefully we can make it out to the pyramids and maybe do sightseeing without the weather being a problem.
laugh.gif
il be good, speak perfect spanish and know how to take care of myself
yeah man ur boy really came through with those tickets, thats koo that you guys are travelin to watch the game i wantd to go but no one was downfrom my friends. zona rosa koo yea i have family in labor and satelite. im planing on goin there again in dec. there were a few clubs that i went to ill findout what there called it was nice good music and cheap i think it was like 20dollars and u had unlimited bottle service on selected drinks

Yeah ekin if you can, that would be dope!

Damn @ 20 bucks, unlimited anything (liquor) is def a win

laugh.gif
yeah i know its a dangerous city but F it we only live once

any advice?

you sure you want to risk that one life in Mexico???
roll.gif

^ Just go wearing a shirt with Chalino Sanchez on it and you'll be straight
pimp.gif

Do you know how deep the American crowd will be at the game?

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

Dont let eracism fool

Im half white but am real light with dark hair.

My cousins went to mexico this year and i didnt go. it is bad over people are dying for no reason at all and the cartels run the street. If they
know your american your a target. stay clear away from mexico at all cost.

And dont die because i need your AF1s

are you a robot?

Originally Posted by rockforlight

^ Just go wearing a shirt with Chalino Sanchez on it and you'll be straight
pimp.gif

Do you know how deep the American crowd will be at the game?
laugh.gif
chilangos hate corridos tho

Approx.300-500, compare to 109,000 Mexicans, yeah hostile environment it is but we are hoping for the best

Zona Rosa is where the gay nightlife is. At night, nothing but young gay men roaming the streets. In the daytime it's cool though. Lots ofconvenience stores and 3-star restaurants.

Tepito was a bit over the top for me. I saw tables full of prescription drugs, date rape drugs, hidden camera movies, rambo knives, and NES gamesI've never heard of. The further you go in the market the stranger it gets. Look like a bum if you go there cause people will stare you up anddown and start plotting.

Don't get lost up in there either. Remember where you came in lol.

18464d1199299529-tepito.jpg

Originally Posted by Michael Crabtree

RiP

Seriously... I been there a few times with some of my fine %%# cousins. Nothing to see there.

a8c16e1fa0b50c52a79c7850d514132e8e13ba48_t.jpg

RIP

I literally live 5 minutes from the border (S.D) and it's not the safest place to go right now. Drug cartels and the police don't play around. Any signof wealth and your in trouble. People getting kidnapped for ransom and getting limbs chopped off. If you get pulled over by police you better make sure youhave money because if not your getting locked up.

RIP

I literally live 5 minutes from the border (S.D) and it's not the safest place to go right now. Drug cartels and the police don't play around. Any signof wealth and your in trouble. People getting kidnapped for ransom and getting limbs chopped off. If you get pulled over by police you better make sure youhave money because if not your getting locked up.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom