TRIPLE CROWN KINGS

Laced up, who has brought you "WE RUN SEA" has recently transformed themselves into TRIPLE CROWN. (www.triplecrownkings.com)

what do you guys think??

I, myself, personally like the name change. I'm excited and look forward to the new Tacoma store, and especially the new build out in the Seattle flagshipstore!
(no pressure cassius!)

which also reminds me.... did you guys see Zebra Club's attempt to swagger jack the "WE RUN SEA" shirts?!
sick.gif
... hahahahhahhaha!

.... WACK!
laugh.gif

haha i didn't see the we run sea shirt at zebraclub yesterday. Maybe i didn't look hard enough.

And yea, triplecrownkings is gonna be hot and i like there new name.

Originally Posted by de206

Laced up, who has brought you "WE RUN SEA" has recently transformed themselves into TRIPLE CROWN. (www.triplecrownkings.com)

what do you guys think??

did you guys see Zebra Club's attempt to swagger jack the "WE RUN SEA" shirts?!
sick.gif
... hahahahhahhaha!

.... WACK!
laugh.gif

You wanna know what's whack? The "We Run This...(enter city abbreviation here) is not an original concept created by the triple crown kings orwhatever they wanna call themselves. If you go to San Fran you'll see WE RUN S.F. tees. If you go to New York, you'll see WE RUN N.Y. shirts. So eventhough you're giving credit to those geniuses called Triple Crown Kings, all they're doing is biting the style of shirts that have already been doneseasons ago. Who's jacking who?

You wanna know what else is whack? Have you peeped the triple crown/laced up websites, blogs or whatever you wanna call em? "Swagger jacking" huh? Ifyou look at the majority of what they post, it's all info coming from other streetwear blogs. Info about Nike and the Foot Locker House of Hoops? Do theyeven have a Nike account? Look at what they are posting. It's hard to say that they are the "premiere boutique" in the PNW when they aren'teven part of the industry besides going to the Magic Trade Show twice a year. Kinda embarrassing that they are just posting other peoples info if you ask me.It makes me think of them as blog watchers that don't know any better than recycling other peoples info.

Any other opinions good or bad?

My opinion on the store is that I give credit to the owners for opening a shop, but wasn't really impressed on the selection of brands and pieces theychoose to sell. It seemed more marketed to a certain segment of customers, which isn't even that big in the Seattle area (IMO). I haven't reallyfollowed they after their grand opening, so i'm not sure how successful their shop is on Pike. I just don't see a shop like that staying open for thatlong, with the brands they carry, but thats just my opnion. Who knows, they might be doing really good as far as profit.

Im excited to see how Triple Crown will be different, if at all. I guess I'll form an opinion once I hit up their stores..

Originally Posted by J Tyme

what do you guys think??

sick.gif
... hahahahhahhaha!

.... WACK!
laugh.gif

You wanna know what's whack? The "We Run This...(enter city abbreviation here) is not an original concept created by the triple crown kings or whatever they wanna call themselves. If you go to San Fran you'll see WE RUN S.F. tees. If you go to New York, you'll see WE RUN N.Y. shirts. So even though you're giving credit to those geniuses called Triple Crown Kings, all they're doing is biting the style of shirts that have already been done seasons ago. Who's jacking who?

You wanna know what else is whack? Have you peeped the triple crown/laced up websites, blogs or whatever you wanna call em? "Swagger jacking" huh? If you look at the majority of what they post, it's all info coming from other streetwear blogs. Info about Nike and the Foot Locker House of Hoops? Do they even have a Nike account? Look at what they are posting. It's hard to say that they are the "premiere boutique" in the PNW when they aren't even part of the industry besides going to the Magic Trade Show twice a year. Kinda embarrassing that they are just posting other peoples info if you ask me. It makes me think of them as blog watchers that don't know any better than recycling other peoples info.

I dont have a problem with the "we run _____" campaign simply because its well known that every other major city has one...so why not Seattle?
as for copying blogs......as far as I can tell, MOST, if not ALL blogs (related to shoes and streetwear), have an abundance of the same exact "info"as every other blog. One blog might drop the info, then everybody else copies it and put it on theirs. if they dont get it from some other blog, they get itfrom a messageboard like NT, so I dont get why you wanna single these guys out for it. Even actual news sites do the exact same thing. They get info from theAP or whatever and report the news via their outlet.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by J Tyme

what do you guys think??

sick.gif
... hahahahhahhaha!

.... WACK!
laugh.gif

You wanna know what's whack? The "We Run This...(enter city abbreviation here) is not an original concept created by the triple crown kings or whatever they wanna call themselves. If you go to San Fran you'll see WE RUN S.F. tees. If you go to New York, you'll see WE RUN N.Y. shirts. So even though you're giving credit to those geniuses called Triple Crown Kings, all they're doing is biting the style of shirts that have already been done seasons ago. Who's jacking who?

You wanna know what else is whack? Have you peeped the triple crown/laced up websites, blogs or whatever you wanna call em? "Swagger jacking" huh? If you look at the majority of what they post, it's all info coming from other streetwear blogs. Info about Nike and the Foot Locker House of Hoops? Do they even have a Nike account? Look at what they are posting. It's hard to say that they are the "premiere boutique" in the PNW when they aren't even part of the industry besides going to the Magic Trade Show twice a year. Kinda embarrassing that they are just posting other peoples info if you ask me. It makes me think of them as blog watchers that don't know any better than recycling other peoples info.

I dont have a problem with the "we run _____" campaign simply because its well known that every other major city has one...so why not Seattle?
as for copying blogs......as far as I can tell, MOST, if not ALL blogs (related to shoes and streetwear), have an abundance of the same exact "info" as every other blog. One blog might drop the info, then everybody else copies it and put it on theirs. if they dont get it from some other blog, they get it from a messageboard like NT, so I dont get why you wanna single these guys out for it. Even actual news sites do the exact same thing. They get info from the AP or whatever and report the news via their outlet.

well said.

Back
Top Bottom