True or false: it's usually the moms that go the hardest at the shoe releases than everyone else.

For the past couple months, this is what I've been noticing...
I've seen moms being the ones that camp out overnight and getting a pretty decent spot in line.
I've seen moms paying dudes reseller prices right after they had bought the shoes straight out the door cuz they showed up too late for the release
I've seen moms willing to drive about an hour and a half to a mall across town after doing a store look up...
Does anyone else see this at the release. Over half the time, their sons aren't even with them... :lol: :smh:
I know I can't be the only one that notices these things...

Last edited:
When I picked up my GMP from the FNL raffle, there was 4 moms picking the shoes up for there kids.... not knowing it was a raffle, but there kids are either to young, or the moms are on they way to work and picked it up before then

Like I said in the other thread these soccer moms be going hard in the paint for their sons

They be having the pepper spray and tac knife equiped. Perks are sleight of hand pro, quickdraw pro and steady aim pro.

Over here, its kinda true.

My mom would laugh in my face if I asked her to camp for me.

:lol:

She doesn't love me enough. :rolleyes

:rofl:

JK.

Last edited:
I remember a mom being in line for the Space Jams back in 09 trying to get them for her son ,and she was probably the angriest out of people who didn't get a pair.

I still get teary eyed thinking about the time my mom suprised me with the 2000 Concords. I was away at college then, plus those were wednesday releases back then so they were impossible to get with my living situation and college schedule. My mom fed-exed me a care package with Ramen Noodles, Cheezits, Kool Aid, etc etc. Under the newspaper packing was a fresh minty box of the Air Jordan XI's. I almost had an heart attack when I seen them. I think i must of said Thank You a million times when I called her that night. She had perfect timing too because we had an on campus halloween party on the day I received the box. I aint never broke that many necks with a pair of shoes in one night. You couldnt tell me nothing. I WAS ON!!! She told me she got them from the PX. My mom said when she went to line up the soldiers insisted that she be number 1 in line. I owe my mom the world for that gesture. I love her to death. She also had the 2000 space Jams waiting for me at home on Christmas Break 2000. Yeah my mom went hard on them release dates. best mother ever!!!!!!!

^ my mother waited in line for my space jams back in the day also. She didn't want me to skip class. Love her to death.

Like I said in the other thread these soccer moms be going hard in the paint for their sons
They be having the pepper spray and tac knife equiped. Perks are sleight of hand pro, quickdraw pro and steady aim pro.
LMAOOOO...! That's hilarious...! But also true...
roll.gif
roll.gif

I still get teary eyed thinking about the time my mom suprised me with the 2000 Concords. I was away at college then, plus those were wednesday releases back then so they were impossible to get with my living situation and college schedule. My mom fed-exed me a care package with Ramen Noodles, Cheezits, Kool Aid, etc etc. Under the newspaper packing was a fresh minty box of the Air Jordan XI's. I almost had an heart attack when I seen them. I think i must of said Thank You a million times when I called her that night. She had perfect timing too because we had an on campus halloween party on the day I received the box. I aint never broke that many necks with a pair of shoes in one night. You couldnt tell me nothing. I WAS ON!!! She told me she got them from the PX. My mom said when she went to line up the soldiers insisted that she be number 1 in line. I owe my mom the world for that gesture. I love her to death. She also had the 2000 space Jams waiting for me at home on Christmas Break 2000. Yeah my mom went hard on them release dates. best mother ever!!!!!!!

That's honestly a cool story bro :smokin

My mom woke me up and drove me to the Portland Airport Nike store to get the patent leather white/red/black 1's back in the day. She knew how much it meant to me so she hooked me up. Also bought me the WC III's in '03 and surprised me with them. She passed away last year and this thread made me reminisce. It makes me kinda sad to see kids whose moms go hard to get them shoes and they're not even thankful. Kids come to expect this hookup from their parents and its disgusting. Thank your  awesome moms!

My moms took me to pick up my first pair of Jordans.

I was at my cousins house that weekend and saw him and Jason Gardner wearing the black/red 12s and instantly fell in love.

Bugged my mom all weekend. She picked me up from school (I was in 2nd grade) on Monday and I noticed we were taking a different way home.

Needless to say, we ended up at the mall and picked my 12s. For that reason alone, they will forever be my favorite Jordans of all time.

I see a lot of girls do this for their BF's or husbands too. 

I would never ask my mom or girl to do this, because release days are fun. 

Never trusted my mom with any release. Asked her for Concords she brings back Nike Zoom LWP's 
mean.gif

We were too broke to even talk about Jordans in my hayday...I was lucky to have shoes PERIOD.

Though I do notice moms coming with their son's for releases...They are usually the loud ones who are ready to slap some dudes for jumping the line. lol..

I don't know what kinds of moms these are. Sounds like stupid moms to kids from the suburbs. I hate the sneaker landscape now. I think it's time to go when we hear about stupid **** like this :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom