Trump Wants to Get Rid of Free Education

How y'all gonna let this fool into office
Trump lines up with those who seek to privatize public education. In a September campaign speech, Trump vowed to provide $20 billion in state block grants for a “school choice” program that would dramatically expand vouchers for private schools. He has said he would defund or eliminate the Department of Education, which provides Title I funds to schools serving students in poverty.

Less educated the citizen, more likely they are to support Trump

Guy I went to highschool with was saying this the other day on Facebook. "All them dummies that go to college and all them university teachers are what's wrong with America. Trump should outlaw college."

:rofl:

Im cool with that. wasnt looking forward to getting my next promotion swooped by a high school grad with advanced math and coding skills anyway.
#old #republican #NoEqualityNoCompetition #mylifemattersmorethanyoursbecuaseipaymoreforit

not srs

It's a luxury to even be educated. In places outside of America people do this. Trumps just trying to get rid of nuisances before they damage the rest of the growing flowers. Of course it doesn't function as simple as I say. But with the right smart people I'm sure it can be great.

Last edited:
Someone needs to step up and ice this fool....you'll go down in history as someone who potentially saved the world.

Someone needs to step up and ice this fool....you'll go down in history as someone who potentially saved the world.

The world doesn't want to be saved.

Are there people on this board who went to school in a country without free public ed? I did, and I can say that introducing the financial variable in the education system is a sure way to insure that there will always be an illiterate, ill-prepared, permanent underclass, especially as we are reaching that point in human history where most of the labor is automated.

giving away vouchers is not doing away with free education...

doing away with da board of ED is a non starter...no one is gonna vote for that :lol:

This is not getting rid of free schooling, it is just probably gonna make it worst, especially for the poor and minorities (and there already bad).

It is another wealth transfer system to rich corporations a scheme to destroy public teacher unions (which are not strong all over the country).

A lot of states have voucher programs, and charter schools, the have some success and some benefits. But the scale Trumps is talking about will rip what lil safety net poor students have at the Federal level, and put the economic futures in the poor in the hands of large companies.

You think these charter schools have problem now, wait till they are flush with Federal cash, and are free to pick and choose which students are worth helping. Get ready to see students being expelled like crazy if it hurts a schools "metrics"

This move will just drive more inequality into the system, which is the opposite direction we need to be going.

Last edited:
Education system reform needs to happen. Not the abolishment of free education
Yeah just fire everybody in the department and make that Sal Khan guy who started khan academy the new department head

... and Elon Musk as the Vice president. He'll do anything for a tax break. Then watch america flourish riding the wave of self driving, self teaching, self energized future.. On Mars

Back
Top Bottom