Truthfully Speaking I haven't seen A City This deep in talent since old NY

Ballerific703 wrote:
2 Chainz, curious to see what kind of numbers he puts up, plus money is 36 years old

eek.gif
 bruh...
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 TOOOO OLD!!

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by tyisny

I Love my city to death but im not going to sit here and act like ATL as a whole right now doesn't have a strangle on hip hop

T.I, Jeezy, 2chainz, Luda, Future, Dj Drama, Travis Porter, Alley Boy & Trouble

Obviously i'm not comparing the quality of the music to that of early 90's rap, but as far as power & influence on hip hop right now i got to say ATL has the most complete list of rappers out now

Nobody cares about DJ Drama, Alley Boy and Trouble.
yea we do

No we dont LOL

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I Love my city to death but im not going to sit here and act like ATL as a whole right now doesn't have a strangle on hip hop

Obviously i'm not comparing the quality of the music to that of early 90's rap, but as far as power & influence on hip hop right now i got to say ATL has the most complete list of rappers out now

Nobody cares about DJ Drama, Alley Boy and Trouble.
yea we do on NT

damn didnt know 2 medallions is 36
laugh.gif

but honestly the only ones out the A that got a strong buzz as far as radio and features on a national scale to me is Future and 2chainz

oh and i think we shouldn't limit age in hip-hop, its the only genre that does

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

laugh.gif

but honestly the only ones out the A that got a strong buzz as far as radio and features on a national scale to me is Future and 2chainz

Man I know ya'll been seeing 2 Chainz in videos for about 10+ years now lol. Ya'll had to know he was mid 30's.
laugh.gif

And I agree. We shouldn't limit age. I don't think we really do I just think hip hop is so young that we haven't really had 40 or 50 year old rappers. We're getting there though with a few individuals. Personally, I think hip hop should go back to what it was in the 90's to where cats weren't getting on until they were late 20's. These young cats are the ones really hurting the rap game.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Cats only really doing it in the A right now is Future and 2 Chainz. Those are the cats from the A who's doing it with a legit buzz across the country.

Ya'll bringing up LA and Cali but nobody rockin' with them cats like that. MAybe Odd Future. But KEndrick Lamar and these other cats buzz isn't as big as it is on NT and internet.

Tyga and YG are making waves too though

laugh.gif
none of those dudes have the international attention that the L.A guys mentioned do. Trust me.

L.A's artists > ATL's. No contest. If you're from L.A or ATL you shouldn't even be commenting.

Most of these dudes will be where Shopz Boyz/D4L/Dem Franchize Boyz are now so what's the big deal? Atlanta is the worst city for hip-hop ever. If your best dudes are Andre, Jeezy, & TI, that's not a good thing.

Honestly, I think Chicago is gonna be the next to blow... but that's just my opinion. 
NT is fulla of haters though. Future, 2 Chainz, Travis Porter, etc. are all doing really well for themselves outside of NT's small box of music sphere. Seriously, take a look around. I don't know about TDE though. Kendrick is talented but sometimes he has a Silkk the Shocker moment where he tries to put too many bars at once and he gets himself off beat, or maybe that's just his style. Who knows? But Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q both !*%!%@! suck. Stop trying to save them.. 

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

laugh.gif

Man I know ya'll been seeing 2 Chainz in videos for about 10+ years now lol. Ya'll had to know he was mid 30's.
laugh.gif

And I agree. We shouldn't limit age. I don't think we really do I just think hip hop is so young that we haven't really had 40 or 50 year old rappers. We're getting there though with a few individuals. Personally, I think hip hop should go back to what it was in the 90's to where cats weren't getting on until they were late 20's. These young cats are the ones really hurting the rap game.

For real about 2 Chainz, were people really thinking he was 25 or something
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
?
100% to your other point though, but you can blame youtube/massive increase in technology for that. We're at a point to where all you need is a youtube account

and FL studio to be considered  rapper. You don't actually have to grind or anything, you just have to beat people over the head exposing yourself until they get

fooled into think you're hot. Sometimes I think about rappers like Nas, Big and Cube at 18-20, then Ludacris & Em at the same age, and then Soulja Boy, Lil' B,

and Travis. It's obvious the world climate isn't the same, and they wouldn't rap about the same things even at the same age, but it's pretty sad that this is the point

we're [mostly] at when young rappers are coming out.

I guess I'm not on the same level of my fellow ATLiens. The only talent on that list is TI, Luda(even though he's not the same, still appreciated), and Jeezy. The rest are trash, IMO.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

How you not gonna include B.O.B. though (Dude is good at what he does)

But lets be serious, Future's 15 mins. of fame is gonna be up soon and he sucks.

Travis Porter 
grin.gif
, they're fame probably is gonna end soon too

Trouble could be successful if he stays out of jail.

Alley Boy 
laugh.gif
 nah son.
Naw son. Future and Travis Porter are going to be around for a while.
Especially if they keep making bangers.

that old track off his streets is talkin mixtape "same damn time" is BLOWING UP in NYC

i think once that MMG remix started to rock out da song took off outta no where up here.

I'm a GA boy so I got mad love for Atown but the problem is we don't make timeless music like we used to anymore. We're definitely a supply chain of club bangers/work out tracks but thats such a limited segment of a listener's life so our music has minimum relevancy. Atlanta has always been a club city but our roots have always been funky conscience music in conjunction with the party life tracks and we've seemed to have lost the former somehow. I suppose it's partly because Atlanta isn't a southern city anymore, but rather a city full of transplants from other regions so I guess we lost our identity along the way.

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by malikdagoat

How you not gonna include B.O.B. though (Dude is good at what he does)

But lets be serious, Future's 15 mins. of fame is gonna be up soon and he sucks.

Travis Porter 
grin.gif
, they're fame probably is gonna end soon too

Trouble could be successful if he stays out of jail.

Alley Boy 
laugh.gif
 nah son.
Naw son. Future and Travis Porter are going to be around for a while.
Especially if they keep making bangers.

Maybe Travis Porter, but Future dawg? cmon 
laugh.gif

I'd bet money Future will be irrelevant by 2014

Dom is my favorite artist right now.

But unless your name is YG, or Tyga...L.A. clubs aren't even messin with you like that. I heard more Ross and Jeezy in L.A. than I do in Miami.

There's too much to quote so I'll just say this

-Future is a beast on the hooks, he's clearly talented
-Travis Porter is garbage, they're done for anyway
-Alley Boy is better than Trouble, people only hate because of the antics.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

There's too much to quote so I'll just say this

-Future is a beast on the hooks, he's clearly talented
-Travis Porter is garbage, they're done for anyway
-Alley Boy is better than Trouble, people only hate because of the antics.
That's debatable. IMO Alley Boy is wack.
Either way, Trouble is way more likely to make it on a larger scale.  He's 100x more marketable than Alley Boy.

Back
Top Bottom