**Trying to plan a Disney Vacation. Tips/Advice/Etc.?**

You can stay at the Pop Century hotel, get 4 day park hopper tickets, the Disney dining plan for 2 people for like $1300. If you don't take the dining plan it's like $1000. With the dining plan though you get 1 snack, 1 quick service meal (like burgers and fries) and 1 table service (sit down nice restaurant) meal - per day. If you were to add up the individual costs for each of those meals for 4 days for 2 people, you can go over $300 easy. Plus, eating at the places in the park is all part of the experience but it all depends on if you care about that or not.

So you can make it happen for 1000-1300, easy. But that doesn't include plane tickets or a rental car. If you stay at a Disney hotel, there are buses that will take you to just about anywhere on property (all the parks, Downtown Disney, etc.) so there is no need for a rental car.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

sorry to hijack, but i'm also looking into going to florida disney with my girl, who's also never been.  some great info so far.
Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Oh whatever you do.. avoid the stich ride at magic kingdom at all costs... ALL costs
roll.gif
huh?  i was at magic kingdom in the '90s when that ride was "alien encounter" and it blew us away, very sweet.  not quite sure what your comment means...

Sadly, that ride is gone and Stitch replaced it. No freakin' joke. SMMFH.

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

I guess my other dilemma is choosing what to do, since obviously it sounds like there are a lot of choices. I'll have to look into exactly what I want and try and find a package that fits it. My thinking is $1000-1500 for 4 days without kids and not drinking, I would think would be alright.
Spend a day at each park. Wake up early, go play all day, then go back to the room and just chill. You'll be exhausted. Know that Disney World during the summer is hotter than Satan's left nut, so drink obscene amounts of water. No joke.

Things you need to do:
Tree of Life (Animal Kingdom)
Illuminations (Fireworks show at Epcot)
Tower of Terror (Hollywood/MGM Studios)
Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
Thunder Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
A character breakfast
Hit up all the countries in Epcot
The ride better known as the "Golf Ball Ride" in Epcot
Soarin' (Epcot)
Test Track (Epcot)

and there's more but I have an exam in two hours that I haven't studied for. FML.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

sorry to hijack, but i'm also looking into going to florida disney with my girl, who's also never been.  some great info so far.
Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Oh whatever you do.. avoid the stich ride at magic kingdom at all costs... ALL costs
roll.gif
huh?  i was at magic kingdom in the '90s when that ride was "alien encounter" and it blew us away, very sweet.  not quite sure what your comment means...

Sadly, that ride is gone and Stitch replaced it. No freakin' joke. SMMFH.

The changed it because you would have little kids coming out of there in tears.  Not a good look for the happiest place on Earth.  So they revamped it with the Stitch attraction. 

Also here's some insider info:  The Captain EO attraction is coming back to EPCOT on July 2nd!

Back
Top Bottom