Tumblr/SEO questions...

What's up guys - some of u may remember me, I leaked a bunch of my songs a while back under the name "g. sharma". Since then i've gotten some pretty cool features on major labels (warner bros), and am working on a lot of cool projects, changed my artist name, and even got on a tracks with people like b.o.b, schoolboy q, and xv
Anyway - i just got done making a website for myself. I used tumblr to develop it, something I'm completely new to. I had a couple questions for u guys:

1) how do people gain more followers on tumblr

2) is this the right platform for posting my music? i made a bandcamp but i felt like that was too much of just a music player, if there's anything else out there let me know.

My other problem is my artist name, raja, is way too generic of a search query and it's hard to find my page. How can I fix that (increase SEO)?

The site: Rajasings.com

Thanks in advance - and check out some of the tracks.

Alright I'm not an "expert" per se, but I do know a thing or two about Social Media.

First, you need to hone in on your brand. What type of genre you produce? Are you a singer? Producer? both? etc.

Next, you need to use your #Raja tags, on Tumblr and hastag any and everything related to your rajasings.com Website.
(eg: #raja #collabo #bob #warnerbrothers #music #indie #rnb #rap).

Within due time, people will find a certain aggregate related set of tags be it music or interest related and slowly but slowly people will follow you.
Also while doing all of this, you need to start posting on other related artists (eg: B.O.B., Childish Gambino, and others) who are similar musicians who use the tumblr (or vast Social Media Platform as well). In essence, re-blogging, commenting and even favorite "ing", their stuff will increase in your SEO awareness for your website.

Hope this helps, good luck.

^Okay cool.
So to your first point... are you saying to make it more visible what I'm saying the brand is? So a singer, a writer, etc. ON the site?

Thanks for the advice..

With your first point, this is what it says on your tumblr... directly quoted:

"I sing, I write, and I count. I love numbers, so I’m pretty calculated. Raja’s not my real name - It’s the artist name I chose to name after my father, who passed away a few years ago. I’m a recent graduate of Johns Hopkins University, where I fell in love with this sort of thing. I’m featured in Warner Bros. artist XV’s Popular Culture mixtape. I make music because I want people to hear what I won’t say. This site is about art. Whether my own or another’s, whether written, painted, or performed. Follow, and enjoy."

That's nice and all, but you need your mission statement to be a bit more clearer. That's what I'm saying when it has to with branding.

Like what type of singer or producer are you? Are you a blend of usher? Do you have raunchiness like Odd Future? Are you none of those things or maybe more? Explicitly, you say this site is about art but yet you mention about your music?

So what is it? An art driven blog, for the tumblr masses to consume your mixtapes? Or, are you a midwest hustler looking to rock the competition out there?

Originally Posted by brandnew21

yeah, i guess the site was originally supposed to just be a blog then it became my entire site. i should make that more clear i guess.
anyway, thanks for the advice. And if anyone downloads XV's popular culture, check out the tracks im on for me! Link below.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/06/mixtape-xv-popular-culture
Listened to XV's mixtape earlier.  Breaking Bad and Her Favorite song happens to be my favorite songs. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RedBox

Originally Posted by brandnew21

yeah, i guess the site was originally supposed to just be a blog then it became my entire site. i should make that more clear i guess.
anyway, thanks for the advice. And if anyone downloads XV's popular culture, check out the tracks im on for me! Link below.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/06/mixtape-xv-popular-culture
Listened to XV's mixtape earlier.  Breaking Bad and Her Favorite song happens to be my favorite songs. 
pimp.gif
dope! thanks.

Contests with your achievement. Saw the mixtape on dat but never had a good listen to it. But it looked interesting enough to peep.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

What exactly is your main goal with this website?
+
Who is your target audience? You have your current fans but you also want to reach new fans so prepare and design for that. Good luck.

The design of your tumblr theme reminded me slightly of this beautiful gem. May have been the blue and the use of grid for the content:
http://withart.visitphilly.com/ <--That's a sexy site.

Back
Top Bottom