TV talk... Samsung vs. LG

Buying new TVs for the crib. I was thinking a 60in on top of the fireplace and a 55in on my loft.

But I don't know if I want Samsung TVs or LG.

These are the models I'm looking at.

55in Samsung 4K UHD Smart TV Model UN55KU6300 for $540 flat free delivery.
View media item 2239888

Or

55in LG 4K Ultra HD Web OS 3.0 Smart TV Model 55HU6030 for $431.50 Flat Free delivery.
View media item 2239891

LG or Samsung?

The 60ins will be the same models just the 60in version.

What do you guys prefer when it comes to TV LG or Samsung? Wish I could see them side by side in store. I want the better buy of course but I want quality as well.

I think Samsung makes the best overall TV. LG currently has one of the best sets out there with their OLED. You really can go wrong with either model you posted.

I have the same model LG in 49" and it's pretty good given the price.

IMO, Samsung and Sony's 4k picture quality and smart UI are better than LG, buuuutttttt

LG's OLEDs on the other hand :wow:

IMO, Samsung and Sony's 4k picture quality and smart UI are better than LG, buuuutttttt

But this particular model of the LG isn't OLED it's just a regular led these are mid range TVs. The high ends are OLED for LG and SUHD for Samsung.

Samsung and Sony are in their own league. I own a 4k Samsung, and it is flawless.

Last edited:
is there much difference between a 4K TV with HDR and one's without it?

Good choice.

I just got one no complaints.

Although it came wit a lil *** remote but i just got another.

Last edited:
everyone will think whatever tv they have in the living room is the best brand. the truth of the matter is, u cant go wrong with either of the 2 choices because theyre damn near, if not, equal. you would have to have a side by side AFTER calibrating the settings to see the smallest difference in picture quality. not only that, but the whole 4k thing is blown out of proportion because there is HARDLY any 4k content out there. not only that, but most of the tvs out there share parts as well. As mentioned above, if u were talking OLED its a whole different ball game. but in this case? pick whichever is cheaper and grab a good warranty. thats about it.

personally i choose the new vizios. theyre cheaper, use many of the same parts, and perform the same. but u know how hard it is to shake a bad reputation, even if it was 6+ years ago when that reputation was developed. *shrugs* oh well. good luck to you sir.

1. Sony z9 series tv (costly but best)
2. LG oled b series. Midrange oled but best bang for your buck
3. Samsung suhd (supports both dolby and hdr)
4. LG led 4k
5. Vizio (mostly Sony parts)

In that order. No other options. Pick best price you can live with. And thrive.

Own both and its LG for me.
I really think it comes down to a person's vision.
Everyone's eyes don't see colors the exact same way.

Vizio is too bright for me.
Samsung is too vibrant.
LG has great color balance.
Sharp Aquos has a great life like picture.
Sony just on another level.

My perspective is based on HD not 4k so there could be some changes to my ratings once I go out and start comparing 4k TVs.
But most reviews I read on 4k still seem to have LG > Samsung > Vizio

there is no difference in picture quality...

False. The SUHD has Wide color gamut while UHD tvs do not. Wide Color Gamut is absolutely necessary for HDR. And HDR is supposed to be the next evolution of tv.

What these stores are doing selling 4k at low prices is pulling a fast one on consumers. This is very similar to back in the day when they dropped the price of 720p tvs, and most uninformed people were excited since they can finally get an "HD" tv for cheap. Little did they know that their 720p HDTV was already obsolete because 1080p would be the new evolutionary standard in television for years to come.

Cliffs:

Cheap 4k tvs = Cheap 720p HDTVs (in 2007)
while 4k HDR tvs = 1080p tvs (in 2007)

False. The SUHD has Wide color gamut while UHD tvs do not. Wide Color Gamut is absolutely necessary for HDR. And HDR is supposed to be the next evolution of tv.

What these stores are doing selling 4k at low prices is pulling a fast one on consumers. This is very similar to back in the day when they dropped the price of 720p tvs, and most uninformed people were excited since they can finally get an "HD" tv for cheap. Little did they know that their 720p HDTV was already obsolete because 1080p would be the new evolutionary standard in television for years to come.

Cliffs:

Cheap 4k tvs = Cheap 720p HDTVs (in 2007)
while 4k HDR tvs = 1080p tvs (in 2007)

Both of these TVs are HDR .

Back
Top Bottom